1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1&1, oneandone, 1and1, one and one, sucks!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcfox, Feb 23, 2006.

The title is pretty much to cover the search terms for this horrible company. I've had my issues with them in the past but there's a great thread on Namepros.com entitled, 1and1.com HATER...AAAACCCKK!

It had been quietly simmering until someone who went by the name of Aggro and sounded like they worked for the company (no idea if they did or not - it just sounded that way), made some moronic post. Here are some choice quotes from the thread about 1&1 prior to the moronic post about oneandone:
    lol!
    The moronic poster managed to kick off some documented complaints from regulars outlining their particular issues with one and one after his / her latest post.

Well worth reading if you either have an account with 1&1 (oneandone) or are thinking of opening an account with 1and1.
    :)

mcfox, Feb 23, 2006 IP
    Richie_Ni and movingconcierge like this.
  2. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    they doens't have a thing call customer service at all...

ahkip, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  3. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    I had a run in with them about closing an account I had with them, I had to get my credit card company involved in the end, I managed to get some money back from them through my credit card company but they owed me a lot more.

My advice 'DO NOT USE THEM', you will lose money.

NewBeing, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  4. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I almost got taken in by their hype. Had a question about the sign up process, called the 800 number and a yellow flag went up when I was informed that office hours were M-F, 8-8.

So I cancelled the transaction and was was asked to provide feedback why. I asked my questions there and reposted the same questions to their pre-sale questions contact address. This was Sunday afternoon.

I really did not expect to get an answer before Monday evening. On Monday evening they became -. On Tuesday they became a +. They were a full fledged asterick before I finally got an answer on Thursday night.

If it is that bad when they are trying to get your money, it ain't gonna be any better after they do.

My advice here for the bots, avoid 1and1 like the plague.

Colbyt

Colbyt, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  5. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They do have fancy ads (plenty of pages in a row) in all the computer mags I get in the mail.

Of course, in those mags you will not find anywhere that someone does not like them.
    Mags have to keep their advertisers and could not print letters from unhappy customers.

iowadawg, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  6. theoverpass

theoverpass Peon

Best Answers:
    I use them, and I have had some problems, but at this point using them saves me about 40% of what I would have to pay elsewhere so I just suck it up (for now).

theoverpass, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  7. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    they are good in promoting their company but do not have the support to back it up.

onedollar, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  8. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Onedollar - A very accurate statement, imo!

Apart from that, they have that f*'ing policy where you have to cancel domains in writing. It's the internet and you sign up using the internet, and you administer your account via the internet, and every other registrar I've ever heard of lets you expire domains via the internet, except oneandone, who require a f***'ing letter! By snail mail. Or you can fax them. WTF is that all about?

mcfox, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  9. onedollar

Best Answers:
    yes, their policies remind you of earlier netsol days when you had to send a fax to netsol for making domain related changes.

onedollar, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  10. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 3 hosting packages with 1&1, 2 business and 1 professional.

I am happy with their service, although I detest the fact that they have outsourced their help desk, there should always be someone who fully speaks your language available IMHO.

If you want to make a living buying and selling domains then 1&1 sucks...don't do it, there is even a charge for transferring domains within your own webspace.

It's the one thing that they really are crap with.

That said i find the packages are perfect for what i need, 3000+ subdomains
    ready made mysql databases and various other tools, their up time is great, their tools are fine, even the help desk phone seems to get answered but the admin side of their operation sucks.
    Cancelling stuff is really a pain.. transferring domains is a pain and thank god I have never had to question their billing.

Solicitors Mortgages, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  11. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i heard so many bad story of 1And1. In fact, i have found their advertising in the magazin and it seems so good to be true and after which, i posted a question in one of the forums and get so many bad comment..

THe best I found so far is namecheap :)

toby, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  12. PaulDux

PaulDux Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using them for a while here in the UK without any major problems - although when you do have an issue now telephoning them has become a nightmare - not only can you not understand them but their outsourced service seems to be working on a telephone system that is pre-historic!

Take care

Paul

PaulDux, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  13. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say what some people complain about, I cherish. Security, 1and1 requires accurate documentation before a domain is transferred off from one owner to another I like that.

As for billing, or other problems, I've not had problems like any commented on. I've even emailed questions and got real responses back in a short time.

I like them, but I have to say, if I plan selling a domain, I probably would use GoDaddy. It seems like for a big company they require very little to sell or transfer a name (which scares me if I plan on keeping a name forever. ;) ).

tom

TommyD, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  14. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use 1and1 USA since august 2004 and had no problems at all

their uptime seems near 100% in all the time there was onlyx one occasion of a few minutes down time all other uptime checks performed were 100%

their server security saved my big troubles on 2 occasions when hacker intruded my webspace in recent months
    the price never matters as long as quality is fine on prices in the $ range they offer. I have 100% of all features i like, dream of or need for my fulltime online publishing work,
    hence nothing to complain at all

since 1997 i have used several hosts and no one was really perfect
    in my personal experience 1and1.com certainly is among the better hosts out there

hans, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  15. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you are having a trouble free time with them. I hope it continues and doesn't degenerate into a nightmare for you.
    1and1 sucks

mcfox, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  16. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just want to know how they're the world's largest hosting provider
    they're crap

their hosting service sucks worse than their customer service

frankcow, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  17. Idle Play

Idle Play Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Their support is terrible, I was on hold for 28 minutes last week.

Idle Play, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  18. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i was told to stay far away form 1and1, they provide very bad service

chachacallis, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  19. Idle Play

Idle Play Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe someone should e-mail them this thread :)

Idle Play, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  20. onedollar

Best Answers:
    not a bad idea ;)

onedollar, Mar 3, 2006 IP