1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revenue-sharing: > $5k per month?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006.

OK - I promise that this will be the last of my posts with titles like this :rolleyes:

Prior to joining DP a few days ago, I had no idea that there was such a thing as revenue sharing.

Well, now I know! And doing a search here for revenue sharing ... like, wow! look at all those interesting posts pointing to more revenue sharing sites!

devin09 said he earned $1.43 on one fine day on Mar 1st, 2006 (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=679654&postcount=8)

So, the lazy-earner, ex-auto-site-gen'er part of me says - join as many forums, and put up as many posts or articles as possible (don't post junk though, please!), and get $200/day - just 200, quality posts and articles scattered over various forums and sites, and we can holiday all year at Hawaii.

And get this, $200/day net - except for the cost of man-hours devoted to this. No need to purchase a domain, get a host, research niches and keywords, SEO, link building, etc - and there's no shame building a good, solid reputation as a forum contributor sans web site.

I'm sure you're bursting at the seams wanting to share with me your success story with this approach - so go ahead, spill the beans! ;)

dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006 IP
    ashiezai likes this.
  2. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    it looks to me that you try as much as you can to avoid facing the reality : earning bucks on the web as well as anywhere else requires to put in some amount of work.

patataur, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  3. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Work hard = no doubting that for even a second.

Diversification x RO(Effort+Investment) = is what I'm always interested in, as long as they remain within Gogle's TOS - new and fresh information cannot hurt.

dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    well, technicallly you CAN earn that much, but there're several boulders:

1) when i got that $1.43, the eCPM was about $23 (i don't know what topic did some kind chap clicked on). most of the time i get a few 10's of cents.
    2) given that, let's take a sample average of about $0.40 per RS click. (from my average). to reach $200/day, you will need to post 500 times a day. allowing room for fluctuations, the range would fall somewhere between 400 - 600.
    3) not posting 'junks' and 'hi welcome to X forums', a good post will take, say 5 full minutes. that would translate into...more than 33 hours...a day.

:confused:

devin, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  5. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And if this person would spend that time everyday working on an actual website, they would easily make that much. But laziness takes over....

MattEvers, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  6. luxinterior

luxinterior Peon

Best Answers:
    The other point your missing is that you got lucky...not sure how Shaun does it but I'm guessing the probability is split three ways so you'd have to factor that into your stats.

Good luck with your ventures.

Lux

luxinterior, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I make 5 bucks or more on this forum, is the day I quit everything else I am doing and just post, post, post!
    LOL

Seriously, I do not post in hopes that someone will click on an ad and it will be mine and I will make big bucks.

With less time than I can post 2-4 times in this forum, I can add another page of content to my site and make that 5 bucks.

Take it from me, you may think it is easy to start posting and making big bucks, but it aint going to happen!

iowadawg, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  8. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Devin, Iowadawg and Luxinterior - consider this - you don't have to post hundreds a day. Work on building good, posts packed with good solid information, and keyword-rich. I can't tell you the number of times I've searched for things like egold scam, adense income potential, etc and the search results land me right smack into the middle of a forum discussion thread - that's one of the ways DP built itself into my mind - after numerous Google searches led me here.

Your good posts last forever - 1000 solid posts, preferably article-sized ones, might give you a good return.

But due to the nature of DP's revenue sharing (I haven't really delved into this), posting the good stuff on other forums such as webmaster-talk.com, where they give 50% share to the thread starter, might be more viable. It would help if we had the passion for the topic at hand, and also feel strongly attached to the forum. I'd started tens of info-packed threads on the photography forum that I frequent - it'd be a nice, bonus touch if there was revenue sharing there.

Anyways, thanks for chiming in!

dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  9. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Lazy replies like this does nothing but devalue a thread :) - I guess I've just made a lazy reply myself :rolleyes:

dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  10. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i don't get it...:( why not do that on your website instead?

devin, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  11. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    OK -to be honest, I'm just starting to try this out, so don't have any information to share. All that I can say is that in the past, I've found that by sticking articles on high PR sites, I could see money coming in 1 or 2 weeks later, with no need for building links, etc because the site already has high PR, and new submissions are always listed on one of the site's high PR page.

There's no need to choose one strategy over the other - either method can make money. Of course, nothing beats having quality websites in the long run.

The nature of forums can open up additional possibilities, however. You get folks more willing to comment on your thread, and that automagically makes you thread more keyword-rich, so to speak. I remember tracking a page of mine that had visitors. One of them was searching for Mercedez (fictitious example) and I found out that someone had commented on my page with that misspelt word. Also, you get to be more conversational in forums, something which is difficult to do on your official site. Unless, you already have a forum at your site - but then, you'd need tons of visitors, and that is another topic already.

A possible combo-strategy would see you sharing keyword-rich tips and tricks in forums, and your siggy links back to your main site, where the power-packed articles are.

I'd have to reiterate though, that this strategy would only be worthwhile in 50% revenue share (for thread starters), high PR forums.

dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  12. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Eg - try to do a Google Search for scrambled eggs with adsense - DP appears at #1 - ok, just a quick example, but I think you get the idea

dlcmh, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  13. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are looking for an easy way of earning some money. Posting in revenue sharing forums is something that I would not take part in, but even though you think it would be good at the end it will result in much less money.

Put it this way.

If you took 2 years writting posts in forums and then spent 2 years building a quality website. After then 2 years is up you would have most probably earn't more money from your own website than the revenue shareing forums.

Plus you have more opportunities of earning cash from your own site and what you have with these forums.

john269, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  14. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, I'll make another lazy reply, and say that everybody knows how stupid this thread is... It's another dumb idea to make quick money. I don't post long nonsense because I am actually doing some work, or trying to read info worth reading. You should try it out sometime.

MattEvers, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  15. illusion

illusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite a challenge that would be. I say just work on a website like everyone else. Seriously, who sees an ad that they like in these forums and clicks on it, I am one of the ones that don't. Kind of pointless, so I reckon you can't make $200 a day from these forums

illusion, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  16. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Believe me, making your own site is a better way of generating revenue.

john269, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  17. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, you're full of presumptions, 3 to be exact and I've obviously got onto your wrong side. Peace, ok?

dlcmh, Mar 21, 2006 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  18. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're not on my bad side. I just think you are starting threads about stuff that makes no sense. The revenue sharing in this or any other forum is simply a marketing tool to get new members.

The members with over 10,000 posts probably only make a few bucks a day if that. I'm not starting trouble and won't bump this thread again. Just think you should know you'll never see 5 G's per month with revenue sharing in a forum.

Unless of course you are the owner. :rolleyes:

MattEvers, Mar 21, 2006 IP
  19. FreeFox

FreeFox Peon

Best Answers:
    What about weekends?

There is a funny talk on one board about refferals. Board pays 0.5$ per refferal so you need "only" 200000 people for million. It's same with revenue sharing, you need 200000 threads for million :)

FreeFox, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  20. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    This post is stupid... i have 1600 posts and most of my days are $0.00 , rarely i see a $0.10 day, in fact i must have made less than 50 cents in 4months of membership.

Seiya, Mar 22, 2006 IP