1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is changing in 2009 - Now Forgot keyword Ranking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sarika, Dec 2, 2008.

As you know SEO is a highly dynamic game. Google is constantly changing their algorithms and in turn your approach to SEO needs to be just as constantly changing. Results will not always be based on the number of links you have, the key words or key phrases for your webpage, or other common SEO techniques that proved viable in 2008. I'm going to give you some new Google SEO tips for 2009.

The first thing that you need to understand is that the way that search engines, such as Google, behave is going to be changing drastically in 2009. New algorithms will be in place that will give each user a different set of search results based on their past browsing and searching history. Because of this you will not be able to beat number one on Google, for everyone, for your desired key phrase as in the past. This in itself presents a very tricky situation for search engine optimization.

In addition to this search engines, such as Google, will be looking at your IP address and cookies to determine where in the world you are, to geo target you, as well as what country's websites you frequent most often. This will likely cause more advanced Internet browsers to constantly delete their cookies so that they may obtain a broader search base.

Because of this one of the only sure ways to keep your website as king is to regularly add new content. This is even true today, unique and fresh content help out with your rankings in Google. There is, however, a lot of speculation that video and even audio content will be the new target of Google. This means producing your own unique YouTube videos and incorporating them liberally into your websites. In addition most believe the duplicate content will not only hurt your search engine rankings, but if it exists in a high enough density, may actually get you deindexed from major search engines like Google.

So this is the new Google at 2009 and some tips on new SEO strategies to cope with the ever changing world of search engine optimization and search engine rankings.

sarika, Dec 2, 2008 IP
    mahendra rajeshirke likes this.
  2. seohelp

seohelp Peon

Best Answers:
    well i am agree with you not in holistic way but still you are right at some point. Can you give me any authenticated source for this news.

seohelp, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  3. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I mentioned this yesterday in my post, you can watch the video that discusses all this.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1131988

geester1, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  4. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    poseidon, Dec 2, 2008 IP
    Dan Schulz likes this.
  5. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually yesterday after seeing your thread in DP and that webpronews link bait article, I felt to write a blog post on why SEO is not dead, if you want you can read it and put your comments here

poseidon, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  6. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Links will still be the main component in 2009. Google has built their whole system on the idea of "link reputations" and won't change that quickly. Usage based rankings are easy to spam then links. (think botnets that push certain pages to the top).

Lexiseek, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. OnlineVista

OnlineVista Banned

Best Answers:
    In the first bit you are referring to Search Wiki. Now search wiki would only kick in if you are logged in using a Google account. Believe you me, not many people tend to do that so I am quite skeptical about how it would kill SEO.

The second instance talks about intent/behavioral search results wherein Google will track IPs and use third party cookies to ascertain browsing patterns and serve customized results. This would again be flawed. I have internet connection with dynamic IP with a lease time of less than a hour. Difficult to track me. Another, I were dentist I would mostly search for dental related information. Christmas is near and I use the same computer and internet connection to look for present. Is Google going to show me results to gift forceps to my friends and family.

They better not do that as I will be quick to move onto a different search engine.

OnlineVista, Dec 2, 2008 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  8. healthuk

healthuk Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are using Google Webmaster Tools, you might have realized that you can remove some websites from index,add your own etc (i.e. search wiki) and now imagine if this facility is provided to the common users, what will happen? I am sure it is not possible to extend it the common user because most people use Google for searching on the fly and cannot be bothered with working on the search wiki, but atleast if this is what Google is going to do in 2009, millions of "Search Engine Wiki Writers" jobs might have to be announced :)

healthuk, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  9. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone really know what google is going to do at any given time. They are good at keeping secrets and only releasing info when they feel like it.
    As far as them changing fast this news of SEO being dead has been floating around for a couple years. So who knows they could be ready for a big change. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Be fluid and ready to adapt.

TheMagpie, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  10. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    i am really tired all these "SEO is dead blah blah blah..."

my view: create a nice site with proper coding and design. and have revelant content. but create the content FOR YOUR VISITORS. NOT GOOGLE.

most of us write for google.

rome9t9, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  11. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no way this can happen - if it did, it would be the death of affiliate marketing.

Pixelrage, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  12. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is so true.

Good site means quality content and not search engine based.

teamnirvana, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  13. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That article makes sense, but I don't think it's that drastical. Nothing will change... Links are still a priority and that's gonna stay that way. Google would have to change their whole algorithm from scratch if they remove that.

dmi, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  14. rai123

rai123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats good because lots of people spamming for high rank in search engines.

rai123, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  15. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please provide the source of this information? I guess I missed something.

mixke, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  16. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Don't worry we seo have the habit of adapting ourselves according to google.

eric_wahlberg, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  17. m1k3

m1k3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess if you dont adopt you lose out?

m1k3, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  18. fireboat786

fireboat786 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding: Because of this one of the only sure ways to keep your website as king is to regularly add new content.

As a business website, I don't have a lot of new content to add - my services/products remain the same... but maybe I need to start doing that...

fireboat786, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  19. jbrockw

jbrockw Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think they will be so quick to implement such a system as the possibility of manipulating rankings would be very easy!

jbrockw, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  20. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would say these kinda of posts are Great for linkbaits not for readers

if google neglect links and rank on other basis only first 30 will be ranked first 30 for ever ,makes no sense to me.may be google may add those as in addition to now SEO strategies

harsha

harshakiran, Dec 2, 2008 IP