1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why this thread got moved ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by paidhosting, May 21, 2006.

Hello,
    I posted my free php link directory template download in directories section cause it concerns directories but some moderator moved it to buy/sell section which i find really inapproriate and have reported it like 2 times to move it back but nothing has been done. So whoever (ofcourse some moderator) has moved can provide me with good reason why it was moved wheras i see like 3 more threads sitting in directory section and not in sell/buy section.

Thread : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=86815

Looking forward for some resolution and a good reason as why it was moved in the first place.

paidhosting, May 21, 2006 IP
  2. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Well, let's take a look at the description for the "Directories" forum:

"Directories (such as DMOZ/ODP, Google Directory, Yahoo Directory, etc.) can be discussed here. This is only for sites that are only directories, not sites that have a directory somewhere within them."

ViciousSummer, May 21, 2006 IP
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

Hmm lets discuss these 2 other threads also :

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=84756

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=84756

Care to explain now why it was moved as we have discussed the part now. And putting demo link is called a directory ? I think people can read and understand what "DEMO" Stands for.

Oh so it was u VS huh who moved it? But didnt care to look at like 3 threads below that thread?

Oh also care to explain threads like this http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=86890#post919643 under this section
    Solicitations & Announcements (6 Viewing)
    If you are a directory owner announcing a new directory (or compiling a list of directories), looking for submissions or a user looking for directories to submit to, this is where the request should go.

and lots of other old threads similar to that

4. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Excuse me? Did I say that I moved your thread?

If it makes you feel better you can hunt down all of the templates and I'll be happy to move them for you :rolleyes:.

This forum has 82,570 threads and 903,223 posts. Let me know when you have the time to review them all and let us know where you think we should move them ;).

dct and amitpatel_3001 like this.
  5. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Although your thread was related to phpLd and directories in general the main topic was in fact about templates, you offering a template for free. In DP there is a section dedicated just to that sort of things, therefore your thread was moved.

Emperor, May 21, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  6. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope there is no section where i think u can sell something for free, never heard of such a thing as selling something for nothing before. But i could be wrong can u point out that section. As my thread was moved to buy/sell section not some free section.

And VS and other moderators ur in for a ride with lots of reports coming ur way now. Strange but the reports i send to get some directories clearly out of thread never get moved. Strange.

7. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    How about this: Start you're own forum and you can make it exactly how you want it. Is it really worth anyones time listening to you complain about something so inane?

You really don't have anything better to do, do you? Strange...

mcfox likes this.
  8. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Well actually i do i am looking for right section to release my demo 4 ,compatible with vers 3 of phplinkdirectory, can u tell me the link to the same so i can release it?

Naa i am bored of making forums and modding them , but what are forums about ? isnt it about listening to others (even if its insane) if moderators like u cannot listen to any user/or complaints on forums than why even be a moderator or a user on a forum like dp ?

9. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Modding a forum is not about listening to people complain, sorry. If you would have approached this situtation like an adult, then perhaps you would be taken more seriously. ;)

10. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I have already talked to admin already like an adult and it was the admin who asked me to post this thread asking why it was removed cause the admin couldnt find why some moderator moved it as no comment was posted. So i think moderators need to start posting comments when moving threads arounds so that admins know what mods are doing . :eek:

11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Offering something for free still is a transaction and in my book a trade. If something changes hands, whether or not it's compensated, it's a deal done. Deals go in BST (*Buy/Sell/Trade).

And I agree with VS, you could have just asked nicely instead of pointing fingers and almost threatening us.

T0PS3O, May 21, 2006 IP
  12. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Leave this guy alone.
    He is suffering from "Wackoism" - Disease shared by the King of da wacko's
    He is not normal and replying him can cause serious injuries ;)

amitpatel_3001, May 21, 2006 IP
  13. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    have to say you were not right to be doing that, paidhosting. could've just disagree politely instead of phrases like

devin, May 21, 2006 IP
  14. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    I agree with TOPS a transaction is a transaction and should go in the B/S/T. I've seen tons of free offers made there.

When someone posts a DEMAND instead of nicely ASKING, especially with the arrogance in which this individual has ... I wouldn't blame the mods for getting a little upset. :rolleyes:

LaCabra, May 21, 2006 IP
  15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Buy Sell Trade is the market place; the place where supply and demand meet. Paidhosting's supply is a template for which no doubt there will be demand. Just because he's giving it away for free doesn't mean it can go somewhere else.

And free is only relative anyway, you probably (I haven't checked) have backlinks built in to your templates.

And as a bonus for you, you can get iTrader credit for it as well.

T0PS3O, May 21, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Moderators/admins do not need to start posting comments about why something is moved. Considering I'm the admin here, when did you talk to me about it, and when did I tell you to post a thread about it? I'm the one who moved the thread to the Templates sub-forum to begin with, because that's where it should have been posted to begin with.

digitalpoint, May 21, 2006 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  17. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Haha...Looks like paidhosting got stuck with his foot in his mouth, eh?

Oh and by the way, paidhosting, when you report a post it goes to all the mods and Shawn (who is the admin), so you can probably drop the snarky little comments like:

"Strange viscous still this thread exists but its clearly not fulfilling Solicitations & Announcements criteria cause i dont see anywhere where it says ooh please submit ur link to this directory."

That thread is, and always has been, in the correct section (just like 90% of your reported posts) so you can stop reporting it now. ;)

18. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen paidhosting do much more than complain his entire time on DP's forums. Be easy...life is good!

BlueDevilMedia, May 21, 2006 IP
  19. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    amitpatel_3001, May 21, 2006 IP
  20. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

Hmm u sure ur the only admin here on this forum, you have no clue who is admin an who is not here right ?

Well to refresh ur memory check this link : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showgroups.php

Here if u cannot click on that link : [​IMG]

And vs i think my foot is right now stuck more in some body part of urs right now than in my mouth now. :D And explain to me how nominations for directories goes in
    Solicitations & Announcements (5 Viewing)
    If you are a directory owner announcing a new directory (or compiling a list of directories), looking for submissions or a user looking for directories to submit to, this is where the request should go.

And i wonder why this thread got moved to announcent too : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=87013#post922435

Oh and i did know that people and mods will flame in thread as the wise admin told me so but freedom of speech is one thing that no one can take away from me atleast.

Oh just do note that i posted in the directories thread cause there were 3 other threads about templates already offered(had been posted like 4 to 5 days before i posted) free in that thread so i thought that was right place,and really pissed me of why only my thread got moved while others still sat in there. Dont u guys think its kinda unfair , well if u dont than wait for such a thing to happen to you.

Cheers