1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Im stuck

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Aloha8919, Jul 12, 2008.

Ok so here is my problem,

i dont have a website and the only thing i am involved with is paydotcom.com and im not very good at advertising, basically just with craigslist. Lets say my conversions arent very high. I can afford to host a website. What do you guys recomend? I sit on my comp everyday and try to figure out what i can do and what to do....but i just dont know.

Aloha8919, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  2. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    Well lets see based on what you've just explained...

• i dont have a website
    • the only thing i am involved with is paydotcom.com
    • im not very good at advertising
    • my conversions arent very high
    • I sit on my comp everyday and try to figure out what i can do and what to do....but i just dont know.

Well hmm.... why don't you,

• build a website
    • get involved with other things
    • learn to advertise
    • learn to get conversions
    • stop sitting around thinking and start doing.

That's what I recommend. :)

Gatorade, Jul 12, 2008 IP
    web_hunk likes this.
  3. Aloha8919

Aloha8919 Peon

Best Answers:
    i just failed so many times before and put in a lot of money to things that didnt really work, well im sure they worked i just didnt know what i was doing.

4. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're really serious about making money, then you should sign up here. It costs money but it's well worth every penny. If you're not making money after learning what they teach then you're not going to ever make any money.

Gatorade, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  5. KnockOut

KnockOut Banned

Best Answers:
    Gatorade : please edit your post as affiliate links are not allowed ( decoded your tinyurl :p ) !

KnockOut, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  6. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like to help newbs that are at least honest and upfront - good for you for asking for some direction mate: Will make this quick and give you some guidance...

If you're already at paydot, you probably understand the game a lil', you don't need a website, you do need to understand marketing and how to get traffic to a domain/page/or website. My crew and product line convert well and new comers learn quick - I have products at both paydot but more on ClickBank. Sorry for the shameless plug in advance - check the first sig to get a glimpse of some great products with high comm. and support.

If you already spend lot's of time in front of a computer - you don't need a site mate - all it takes these days is a domain name going to a lander or mini-site (provided by your pub) - some hosting at $5/month, and the rest is spread out through keyword research to backlink building to bum marketing to ppc, offline etc. Here is a video I made on CB. With landing pages they are somewhat easy to setup - here is a video on landing pages - Here is a good start to CB and how to setup free campaigns.

Half of the problem most new comers face is being accepted into networks where you need sites, need resources and experience, and it's a catch 22 because you need exp. to get experience to get a site to get accepted... having said that - most look down upon cb or praise tangibles, indies etc. - I've been marketing for 12years and can easily say that cb is the most liberal network, but also has the most junk among pubs... Again nowadays you don't really need to know much more than marketing - getting a few domains to great converting products and building an empire of links/promo is the hard part... best of luck to you. **Latly - with paydot - be careful as it is up to the merchant to pay you not the network. Always contact your pub before promoting them and get a feel for their person...

NC.

NCMedia, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  7. JayXtreme

JayXtreme Guest

Best Answers:
    NCMedia has some good advice there..

And I would like to add that not havig a website isn't/shouldn't hold you back.. YOU are.

With the strength of squidoo and blogger, and hubpages etc.. there is no shortage of platforms to get you into positive cashflow asap..leading you into investment later on as and when you require it...

Take a good look around DP for a plan... get an action plan in place, and stick to it..for a minimum of 90 days.... all that time you spend at the computer could be making you a nice packet, if you just do the right things consistently

Peace

Jay

JayXtreme, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  8. blichev

blichev Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Aloha8919,

I see that you have also registered to MoreNiche (under my link) some weeks ago. Why don't you give it a try? I tried to contact you when I got a notification from MoreNiche for the signup, but you didn't answer. They help the newbies a lot and I will also try to help you with what I have learned so far, so you can start making sales there.

You don't need to spend any money, just start reading the beginners guide and the marketing e-books there, it's all free, and you will learn some basics and maybe you will get a motivation

Good luck :)

blichev, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  9. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a job at McDonald's? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, some people succeed at internet marketing and others don't. Instead of sitting at your computer all day banging your head against the wall, maybe you should get another job...

dlm, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  10. Aloha8919

Aloha8919 Peon

Best Answers:
    yea so i didnt mean i sit in front of it all day, i am a full time college student and i do have a job, i also practice martial arts. I ment all the time that i am in front of a computer is spent attempting internet marketing lol

11. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    the first thing i would do if i were you is study about how to ask a targeted question.

narsticle, Jul 13, 2008 IP