1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BST changes

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Shoemoney, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets make the post count limit to 10,000 posts lol that will clean it up good :). And will make sure its free of spam cause only seasoned users will be able to post.

All in favor say "Cheese" others can just keep staring at this damn post...

paidhosting, Dec 22, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    3) A sub forum in the underground section - which means, guests won't see it.
    2) Why? That'll be bad for the search engines who crawl all the forums.

ForgottenCreature, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  3. techblog

techblog Banned

Best Answers:
    I doubt anyone google for specific offers that dp has. Although it could happen....

techblog, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  4. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kill post count totally. Remove it. It's a meaningless statistic that is used here as a false measure of a persons trustability.

Have moderators crack down hard on scammers and potential scammers.

Require 30 day membership to post a thread in BST.

RectangleMan, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  5. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    welcome back to digitalpoint. I havent seen you since you asked to have all your pots deleted and said you would never be back.

Shoemoney, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  6. AutumnBreeze

AutumnBreeze Peon

Best Answers:
    How are they supposed to get iTrader if they aren't allowed to start a buy/sell thread until they have 10? :rolleyes:

AutumnBreeze, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  7. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Easy, they can buy products and offer services for people who need them. Just like the 25 post rule now still allows you to post in someone's thread for products and services.

MaryMary, Dec 22, 2007 IP
    Gnet likes this.
  8. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Not everyone is a buyer and there is big difference in using money over posting free of cost.

paidhosting, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  9. Matters

Matters Peon

Best Answers:
    No. You are completely wrong about this. Scammers are people who dont earn money. They have the time to make 100 posts or do cheap things to get itraders. People who make real money, people who a have good product to sell dont really have the time to increase post counts to satisfy somebody.

It makes no sense to say the qualification is based on post counts or itraders.

Exactly!

If I had a site to sell and If I had to spend my money and spend my time to do services to get "itrader" and use my time to increase post counts.. I would simply find an alternative. This kind of system actually dont attract honest people. It only attracts scammers who have lots of time on their hands. Do you not see this?

Matters, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  10. AutumnBreeze

AutumnBreeze Peon

Best Answers:
    That might take some time ;) I have been here 3 months and not a very high iTrader, as I only buy when I want something that suits me at the time. I am not about to buy things I don't need just to be able to start a thread of my own if I decide to sell goods or a service. At the rate I buy stuff, it might take a year before I can offer something :p

AutumnBreeze, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  11. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Our parents? heee.. I was becoming a parent myself in the eighties! How old are you?

My parents were as boring then as they are today.. (as far as what they were doing) :D. I was the one having all the fun

There was plenty of Kessler, Muscle Cars, and drag strip fun as I remember...

Was VBulletin the first forum code?

Karen May Jones, Dec 22, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  12. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Answers :)

1) I am 34 , born in 1973 , so yea 80's child

2) Yep, I did the whole muscle car thing

3) No, I think phpbb was ......Not sure, I think it was...

PS = JOY - Happy Holidays !!!

-------

sundaybrew, Dec 22, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  13. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The 30 day membership sounds good to me. That would probably work.

ForgottenCreature, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  14. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok agreed...However they can do simple tasks like forum posting or article writing or directory submissions or etc..the list goes endless....People who are not scammers and our interested in real business can get 10 itraders very fast , it wont be a prob.....HOwever it will be a prob for the scammers...

salaxzar, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  15. Gnet

Gnet Peon

Best Answers:
    There is more to this forum then just buy/sell you do know that right?..
    General Chat
    HTML & Website Design
    Programming
    General Business
    General Marketing
    Search Engine Optimization
    Copywriting
    ...and alot more

And itraders/post count does not matter a scammer is a scammer, I'm sure there are a handful of members here with a good number of itraders and posts that are still going about their shady activities on a daily basis..sheesh..:rolleyes:

The only thing i'd suggest is raising the minimum post count to be able to post in the BST section, if people are coming here just to buy/sell..etc with nothing real to say then its pretty much obvious what they want to do here..duh..

Right now everyone and i do mean everyone here on dp is bitching and moaning about scammers and raising the minimum post count to post threads is a sure way to stop them from pming/posting new threads for potential buyers, just block the whole lot of em out, dp mods shouldn't interfere with transactions that members make if members complain about every single transaction that went sour then they shouldn't be doing this in the first place, mods are here to uphold the rules not play mommy and daddy for "webmasters"..

Webmasters are responsible for every transaction they make on their own.

Gnet, Dec 23, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  16. AutumnBreeze

AutumnBreeze Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly! So to put iTrader restrictions on those who only occasionally want to use BST should be out of the equation.

AutumnBreeze, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  17. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so you have been banned before then mate, how many accounts do you have here? lol

sweetlouise, Dec 23, 2007 IP
    Pinup Girl likes this.
  18. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    NeoGen, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  19. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And I leave you with another suggestion, somehow related...

Give mods the right to "play" with iTraders.

Read Why Please!

Most of the time people don't award negative iTraders because they fear retaliation, this way scammers keep hanging around scamming $20 here and there and some day they go for a big scam. I could mention some names... :rolleyes:

Most of the time it isn't very hard to see who scammed who, even at disputed deals.

If mods could edit/tweak/have rights over iTrade I assume that people (like me), wouldn't have any problem with leaving negative iTraders to scammers and bad trades.
    I've had some bad trades before and only twice I've given negative itraders 'cause I feared revenge itrade.
    In both cases I have won the paypal dispute.

Please leave your thoughts on this also.

shenron, Dec 24, 2007 IP
  20. Peter Brown

Peter Brown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about doing what DNF does and allow users to verify themselves by sending $5 to DigitalPoint's account then in return, they get an icon next to their username which states they are verified.

Maybe even a mod that allows people to hide the thread for certain users or user categories like eBay allows you to prevent bidders with a feedback score of a certain score etc. A mod that allows the thread creator to:

Hide the thread from people they were scammed from in the past or even the people who post just to kill the thread.

Hide the thread from people who are not "DP verified", with a certain feedback score etc.

A system that allows you to report non-payers would be good, if a user has more than two non-payer reports in a month, the user should be banned for a short period (obviously this comes with a number of issues such as were the reports genuine etc. But they can be worked on, E.G. the reports could be approved manually by "more mods".

A little off the topic of suggestions for scams but, how about disallowing robots to index threads from the BST area? Many people post their domains and sites in formats that are to avoid the spiders indexing their domain sale thread. People also ask for others to PM them for the name and users continually post in the thread constantly bumping the threads to the top that ask for PM's.

Peter Brown, Dec 24, 2007 IP
    Scriptona likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.