1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dumb directory owner seeking advise from PhpLYNX experts

Discussion in 'Directories' started by jhnrang, Dec 12, 2007.

I have one 8 months old directory that runs on PhpLYNX script - I reckon I was one of the first users of the script as my friend WatchOut helped me install it before the main version was released. :D

Those who know me little also know that how dumb a directory owner I am -as I don't even have decent HTML knowledge!

And this script being encrypted- it has been impossible for me even to give homepage exposure to my other sites.

The problem I have nor is - over the last few days I have received some submissions on it. While it is possible to review the submissions from my Admin panel- and approve them-

My clients have been asking me about the Details & Contact pages having broken links/pages!

http://www.netcatalogue.org/Computer_and_Internet_Catalog/

Pls check the 2 listings on this page for example.

Can anybody help me how to make these pages active?

All your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Tnx in advance.

PS:- I am using the FREE Version of the script as the paid version was not developed when I started this directory.

jhnrang, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    dtm likes this.
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Asking at the devlopers forum may help. I dont think there are many users here, and their programmer the pheonix is banned.

mikey1090, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  3. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    What happen to the "We provide support for free for lifetime" statement that was flying around phplynx ? You should be asking them on their support forums.

paidhosting, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  4. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mikey and Paidhosting-

As far as I remember - Phoenix was not the only one from the PhpLYNX community. I as sure that there were few others.

Hopefully, they will soon help me and show how their support system works:D

If - I don't get support here- I'll go to their forum.

jhnrang, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  5. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

Technically, you shouldn't be here, you should first go to their support forum and if nothing gets done than come around at dp. Thats how support system should work.

paidhosting, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  6. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    AFAIK all the PhpLynx developers were banned at DP a month or two ago.

Obelia, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  7. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OMG - I didn't know that:eek:
    I was quite busy with my exam preparation over the last few weeks.

@paidhosting- maybe you are right. I'll have to go there .:(

jhnrang, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  8. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Being that the script is encrypted, it's no use posting this here John. You should head over to their forums where they should be able to assist you.

an0n, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  9. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey John,

It was a long time ago I actually played with the script, and I've unfortunately forgot the structure and so on, but you could try their support forum. I think you may find the error in your adminCP, possibility.

Regarding the exposure for your other sites, even though the script is encrypted you can easily add your links to other web sites by editing the .tpl files, on your themes or templates folder.

If you go to the support forums you're most likely to receive a better answer, and hopefully a solution for your issue, but play around with the adminCP, as the adminCP I believe controls the details page, if I remember it right.

EDIT: Are you running the latest free version, this version was one of the first to be released, and therefore may have several bugs, start a topic at their forum, best way.

Regards,
    Meti

WatchOut, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  10. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Although I am new here I have used the latest version of the phplynx script and know it very well, if you would still like some help on the script please drop me a PM and I will try and help you out.

May I ask why they ALL got banned, Their support forum seems to be well organized and many have complemented on the support they have given.

Thanks
    aubenrey

aubenrey, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  11. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was wrong about that, it seems at least one wasn't, or maybe it was a temporary thing:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=647001

It looks as though they're thinking about turning it open source. Should be interesting.

Obelia, Jan 11, 2008 IP
    kashem likes this.
  12. aubenrey

aubenrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for verifying that Obelia, intreeged as to what went on I browsed over to the cantufind forum and found they have just announced a priced reduction of the full version of the script.

http:// www .cantufind .com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060
    (remove spaces cannot post live links as yet)

And they also seem to have an "Elite version of the script coming out in the near future, with this and the possibility of the script been open for developers as per the link you posted I will definitely keep an eye on this one.

Thanks Again
    aubenrey

aubenrey, Jan 11, 2008 IP