1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dont Get Your Digg Page Deleted - Unlink URL to URL

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by addaminsane, Sep 21, 2007.

Referring to Digg Requests or Exchanges...

I keep seeing people who ask for their article to be dug placing a url to the page where it can be easily dugg. I don't think this is a good idea because i keep seeing these pages removed.

I think Digg.com picks up on when these particular pages have backlinks and there is really only 1 reason why these pages would ever have backlinks...Cuz people ask them to be digged. Therefore, Digg Just up and deletes the page entirely when it detects a backlink. Or digg can see the discussion from where the page was linked too...either way, not really a good thing for your dugg article.

So basically, A careful measure in this case would be for you to unlink the url you're asking someone to digg. Just make the url intact where they can copy and paste into the webbrowser, rather than be a clickable hyperlink.

Ex. http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/whatever <== Dont Do This

http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/whatever
    HTML:
    ^ correct - put link into html box for copy and paste

addaminsane, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What about NOT posting them at all? Just say you'd like a digg, PM me, etc. "Ok, I'll digg you" should be all that's posted.

Also, I'd suggest making the section in the Underground area, so it's not crawlable. Ofcourse, Digg probably has a few people registered here to checkup on us, maybe even entrapping a few too. ;)

usasportstraining, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  3. addaminsane

addaminsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, i think people are more likely to digg when its convenient. with this method it stays convenient and disallows digg from either directly seeing you have a backlink or see that traffic came from a particular page displaying the request which is obviously against TOS. The PM option works too, i just thought this might be a good solution which stays very convenient.

4. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It is a clever idea, but I think Digg probably has a few people actually looking at popular places such as this. We get banned in waves.

There is a forum in which people have access to the particular section by invite only. It's not crawlable.

I think we, as a whole, need to be careful. If they see one or two actively posting their urls, then notice specific other Digg users always voting on those urls, then they tie all those users together. Basically, nobody should be posting url's in the open ever.

5. addaminsane

Best Answers:
    I agree. Particularly on this forum it is not a very good idea to do digg exchanges at all. But i see them on many many forums and thought it might be a good solution for times when people do see opportunities to do it fairly safely. Basically, you should take alot of factors into consideration when doing a digg exchange. I just recently joined digg and havn't done any at all. I'm just now catching up with the social network world I guess. Joined Facebook about a week after it was created and thought it was all i'd ever need, but as a webmaster digg is useful. I don't have any real life friends on digg because its not quite like Facebook. It draws a lot more of a niche of people. If anyone wants to add me as a friend on digg my name is addaminsane on there as well.:)

6. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, I think it would be a good thing for us to have a special place for it. Maybe someone should build a nice forum for this type of thing and start a big recruitment drive. I know they exist, but are not popular enough yet.

7. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good Idea, but I hardly use digg on my sites.
    But I can use this in future reference.

Imran, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  8. usasportstraining

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yep, build a nice forum with some invite-only sections for all of the various social networking sites.

You could even incorporate a proxy with it, so people could use it as well. Maybe the members could start running Torpark servers too for one another. *If you're not familiar with Torpark, do a search.

Anyone want to start the venture, I'd be up for it. :)

9. addaminsane

Best Answers:
    Also, doing digg exchanges in themselves are inadequate if you don't have a great profile with lots of friends. The way diggs profiles are setup allows a user with tons of friends and good rep to have alot of control over a particular article he or she would like to see become popular.

with exchanges you get 1:1 ratio of diggs where as with a good friend network you can have exponential diggs spraying out to a ridiculous amount of people.

10. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    sizzler_chetan, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  11. addaminsane

Best Answers:
    yeah i think digg exchanges are pretty much worthless now that I think about it more. Its much better to have a good friend base.

12. flash902007

flash902007 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeh if people want to do digg exchanges, they should put a note in their footer asking people to PM them. that way their page cant be detected or removed.

flash902007, Sep 21, 2007 IP