1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is how I started making $5/day with adsense in less than 30 days

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by poseidon, Jul 4, 2007.

Being a member of DP for almost 2 years now, I felt to share my knowledge and experience with others who are relatively new in the field and still struggling with adsense. I too had struggled a lot with adsense at the beginning as even after working very hard, I was not able to break even $1/day.

But I kept on improving and learning from my as well as others experience with DP being primary source of knowledge. Now I have to admit that I am not making tons of money with adsense (mid $xx) but still being a software engineer by profession who does this in his free time, I am satisfied with my performance for now. I am trying to cross low-mid $xxx/day by the year end though

Anyway the reason why I am writing this post is because I was given lot's of suggestion by many people for my question "How to make money with google adsense". I got lots of answers (with negative reps as well :D ) and now when I look back, I feels many of them were very abstract and useless which didn't helped me at all in getting traffic.

So I felt to write all my user experience in a blog post which will help everyone who is struggling to make money with google adsense. :)

In the last weekend, I wrote 2 HUGE posts
    1. How to make $5/daily with Google Adsense in less than 30 days - Part I
    2. How to make $5/daily with Google Adsense in less than 30 days - Part II

in which I have written my complete experience as well as step by step method to start making $5/daily in less than 30 days. The title has been taken from a old post by Brad Callen at DP which I had found very good but when I tried to do it, I did't got the success as I was expecting hence my version of article :)

So here are few tips for newbies -
    1. People say, content is King, I say content is God. :) Modern search engines are so so so so so so smart that you can not outsmart them by using $19.95 program which recycle content. Instead of wasting time in changing words/phrases of such articles, write you own content or hire someone if you don't have time. But make sure it is of very high quality. Hiring is OK if you are looking for long term.
    2. Don't waste time in directory submission. As far as article submission is concerned, they are too not that effective. It alot depends on your niche. If you site is purely dependent on adsense for revenue (no affiliate products) than it is better you just submit to ezone/goarticles. They are the only once who will get you some initial traffic.
    3. Commenting on blogs and in forums are very important as well as traffic from del.iio.us and reddit and stumbeupon. I know stumbeupon/digg traffic doesn't convert well but still if it is very good article than people will surely bookmark it or save it in there del.iio.us/reddit accounts. From there you can get traffic

There are many other ways which I have found as far as commenting is concerned to get some traffic like commenting smartly in digg old posts to get nice steady traffic. I will highly advice you to go through both the posts (even if you make more than $5/day). If you have something to share or want to ask something than I will be more than happy to help or guide you. I can bet if you do as what I have suggested in my blog, you should be able to make $5/daily in less than 30 days. The key is to write Right Content and than make sure Right people read it It is a little late here so I will reply to all queries when I will be back from office in about 12 hours of time.

I am not a writer(which can be easily seen in this post) so I don't know how to write posts like other professional bloggers but I have tried my best to make it very informative with good flow.

Regards

poseidon, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    axlarry likes this.
  2. adsense4money

adsense4money Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can I use del.icio.us or reddit to get traffic as the only thing i can do is bookmark my favourite pages ?

adsense4money, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  3. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well the key is hard wor that's for sure

Many think that adsense is easy money well maybe or very few lucky bastards but for the rest is hard hard work

w3bmaster, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  4. adsense4money

Best Answers:
    My point isn't about how hard I need to work (I already work hard enough and I also try to help others !).
    My question was "how can I use del.icio.us to SUBMIT my posts and articles".

adsense4money, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  5. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    the whole questions of how can I get traffic from del.icio.us and reddit comes down to the quality of article you are having. If it is good, people are surely goiing to bookmark it. If your link can get onto first page than it will give you tons of traffic though to me, it never happened.

Here is a nice tip - Go to www.shoemoney.com/serps.php , enter some keyphrase(s) related to your site and in the url, enter del.icio.us. Try to find those del.icio.us categories which rank as top10 in serps and than submit your content in those categories.

poseidon, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  6. adsense4money

Best Answers:
    I totally agree (that is why I am currently rebuilding one of my websites)
    Ok But how will they know about it ? Is there a way to submit my link in del.icio.us or should I just wait for traffic to come from another source ?
    Ninc tip, thanks.

adsense4money, Jul 5, 2007 IP
    poseidon likes this.
  7. axlarry

axlarry Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very good tips, especially about commenting, writing unique content, and bookmarking.

Thanks!

axlarry, Jul 5, 2007 IP
    poseidon likes this.
  8. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    sure, with your content, always keep social bookmarking links below each of your post. For example, you can check my Gimp Tutorial post and can see, all big social site links. If someone likes the post and has account, than he will add the link to it. Ofcourse, you too shud have your acount in them and always submit your own links too. Not to mention to DIgg and stumbeupon as well.

poseidon, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  9. YuGaVe

YuGaVe Peon

Best Answers:
    Really enjoyed reading your articles. Thanks dude

YuGaVe, Jul 11, 2007 IP
    poseidon likes this.
  10. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there not any issues with the social bookmarking sites if you keep submitting your own web pages?

Padawan, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  11. aprilkerr

aprilkerr Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know but I have read that you should bookmark lots of pages you like for other sites. I suppose it'll help with karma.

aprilkerr, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  12. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot :) This was my first attempt to share knowledge and I am glad there are few who liked it. I will keep on writing it specially about my experiences and the mistakes that I did, so others don't do it

I have never noticed it. Although it's nice if instead of you submitting your own sites everytime, go do DP's Freebies section and start asking ppl to add your link to del.icio.us. I have found few profiles which were having PR4 :) (don't ask me who were they as I myself don't remember), but you got the idea, right

poseidon, Jul 11, 2007 IP