1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This month's moron

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoPSiCLe, Nov 6, 2016.

Yes! New topic, new thread, let's see how long we can keep this going. The current winner of this prestigious title, is the user @oltreoceano, who has threatened to sue me. I'm a little unclear about on what grounds he's gonna sue me, and in what country, but those are just minor details, of course.

WHY is he threatening to sue me? Oh, well. He's butt-hurt, of course, and thinks "we" (I'm using "we" since it seems he thinks this forum is a close-knit set of friends running it, and even that I am one of those people running it) are racist and that small pokes at his home-country, or birthplace, are pure and utter discrimination, and that we automatically take the side of the "big bad evil companies" against him.

Oh well. Anyway. For those interested, you can first read this thread (it's actually a sad, tragic story, but sort of funny if you like to watch someone making a fool of themselves): https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/popads-popads-net-unethical-behaviour-scam-alert.2790696
    And if you still want more, please read this thread in the support-forum: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-member-of-digitalpoint-staff-sarahk.2790916/ I promise, it's fun :D

PoPSiCLe, Nov 6, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow, jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Nov 6, 2016 IP
    malky66 and jrbiz like this.
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! But still a strong contender. I almost feel bad now, since he sent me a personal message and everything, but there wasn't an inch of apology in that, just an explanaition that he was pissed off about Popads and had strong feelings... I can't be arsed. It's more fun making fun. Yes, I'm an evil person. I can live with that.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I got chatting to an opposition player in an augmented reality game, talking about a local player who annoys me. I appear to be helping him look good but, in fact, I'm making his life harder. The chap I was talking to said I was "mean". Oh buddy, you have no idea.

upload_2016-11-7_13-3-15.png

This news story got some key elements wrong but the "painting company" still recognised themselves and are now threatening to sue the landlord and King for blabbing. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he goes to his lawyer and his lawyer explains "butt hurt" to him too. I think we are meant to be terrified.

sarahk, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  5. Liebesleid

Liebesleid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that the fact that he's threaten to sue you, is even more funnier than both of those threads... COMBINED!

Liebesleid, Nov 6, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    He also said that he wanted you banned. But he has since retracted this and he seems to have had a change of heart. He is one of these people that flies off the handle in a childish snit. Then the next day calms down and tries to make up.
    I wrote him a post on controling ones emotions. He actually agreed that he is emotional. Really I think the storm has blown over and it's all "much ado about nothing".

What I didn't like is when he suggested that @sarahk was a racist which is B.S. I wish he would retract and apologize, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 6, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow, jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Surely there is more than one moron in any given month? Decisions, decisions...

dcristo, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    He can't help being a moron...he's Italian...oh shit I must be a racist, I hope he doesn't sue me.:)

malky66, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    While the current winner is certainly deserving, I have to agree with @sarahk regarding the April winner. He is still head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd in terms of winning the 2016 Annual Award.

Let's pause for a moment and give thanks for these folks because they provide a valuable reminder as to how moronic a human being can be and how such stupidity can be amplified with a computer and a modem. It is a good lesson for all Internet Marketers.

jrbiz, Nov 7, 2016 IP
    sarahk and malky66 like this.
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm Italian hahaha.

Personally I think Sarah has been watching too much of the Sopranos :p

What's the lesson? Act stupid because there is a chance it can go viral? I didn't need more proof that there are morons in this world lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
    dcristo, Nov 7, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In this situation, I wish mods to undelete and re-open threads about "Who is Matt Cutts" and "Ruler". Anyone remember it?

Arick unirow, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
  13. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, You found it. That surely classify as a thread to calm the situation. :D
    Snap-2016-11-08-at-14.58.50.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Arick unirow, Nov 7, 2016 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, I interpreted that as there's a new fool to rip off with your ebook/get-rich-quick-scheme around every corner

sarahk, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  15. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Active Member

Best Answers:
    And that thread was in the google+ section. Some people are really morons.

CarpCharacin, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is more of a lesson as to how dumbed down your market might be. Imagine having to sell something to a person like this; then imagine the customer service issues when s/he feels aggrieved for no good reason. This is the main reason that I stopped selling my products on eBay; the stupidity was too discouraging to deal with.

jrbiz, Nov 8, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  17. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I know what you mean about eBay. They are the worst kind of buyers, expecting the world and want to pay nothing for it. That said, I have some nostalgia for the site, it was pretty much my first foray into internet marketing.

dcristo, Nov 8, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Likewise, it was my first foray into serious Internet Marketing, circa 2004. I do not miss it at all, however. :)

jrbiz, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  19. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I love eBay, but I am a buyer ;) I am a nice buyer, though - I doubt anyone have problems with me as that.

As for the amount of replies on this thread, I think this should be a "How not to use DP (or ANY forum, really)"-thread. And people should post contenders. I'm not gonna give out a prize or anything, but it will at least let the sane population on here get a laugh :D

PoPSiCLe, Nov 10, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.