1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Learning Seo Or Purchasing Seo Services

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GekiDan, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Xherko

Xherko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would learn SEO although you will buy SEO services. You have to know what you buy. Because of this you should learn the "basics"

Xherko, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  2. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you do learn SEO you will still need to invest your time to see results if you do it yourself. The question to ask is your time worth it.

daones, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  3. davehermansen

davehermansen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without a doubt, the largest section of our training course is about SEO. It is something you absolutely must learn and keep up with because it is forever evolving. If you get the basics down of what to do, why to do it and what not to do, you can never go wrong, though.

We are not opposed at all to outsourcing SEO to other individuals and companies because, frankly, sometimes it's much more cost effective to use someone else's time than our own. However, if you do not have a pretty good grasp on SEO, yourself, there is no way that you will know if the things the SEO company you hire are going to benefit you, or worse, hurt you in the long run. There are far more SEO companies out there that are trying to turn a fast buck and preying on naive website owners, promising them the world and doing very little for the money they are paid than there are legitimate SEO firms. You need full reports of everything they are doing and I mean every single link, article, and social post they ever make and where they can be found.

Far too often, what looks like a meteoric rise becomes an unrecoverable fall if the company you hire is doing things the wrong way. Devious schemes that work today will be discovered in very short time by the algorithms - there is no doubt about that.

Learn as much as you can about SEO and never stop learning. Then, if you don't have the time or just plain don't feel like doing it, yourself, hire someone you know is going to follow trusted, safe methods. It is the only way to protect yourself from the vultures out there.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    davehermansen, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have never paid for SEO on my website. You can learn it yourself. I've been studying SEO in forums, online articles, and SEO books at the bookstore for 9 years. You'll be a novice at first, then a mid-level user, then eventually some level of an "expert" if you keep at it, keep applying it, and keep making needed changes to your website(s) as you learn more. It works — I've had over 10 million unique visitors to the website in those 9 years. And I was a 60-year-old total novice when I started.

Many of those advertising themselves as providers of "expert SEO services" will do more harm to your website than good. For example, it's astounding how many so-called SEO experts on this website offer advice that is totally wrong, and often harmful. However, there are some truly great SEO companies out there — led by people such as Jill Whalen and Rand Fishkin.

Jim4767, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  5. Martinwilson

Martinwilson Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! it's really great.

Martinwilson, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  6. knowlsey

knowlsey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with several people on here about SEO. If your making money online by outsourcing all your SEO and happy then carry on doing it. I know about SEO and used to do all mine but the amount of time it takes I'd rather not.
    That being said you do need a good understanding of it and understand the principles before being able to outsource.

knowlsey, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  7. strngproblem

strngproblem Peon

Best Answers:
    If I were you, I would buy for now and keep learning at the same time because the online business world is very competitive and you cannot just sit around learning while every day costs you money. I prefer SEOclerks, too. I have been using their gigs, very awesome.

strngproblem, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  8. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:

Do you also need to do SEO on your hubpages so that it can get visitors like a usual site?
    So, saying I don't know much SEO techniques, is it worth it to purchase an SEO service for a hubpage?

GekiDan, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

If you don't know how to do SEO yourself and don't want to learn, you at least need to learn how to select an SEO company, what is good and bad SEO, etc. Jim hit the nail on the head about how often advice can be wrong and harmful.

Whether you are paying for a Hubpage or a site, make sure the return is worth it. If it's making you $1/day then obviously not worth pay for. If it's making you $100/day then it might be worth it. But the fact is, whatever you do then you need to first learn or you could find yourself spending a lot of money for services that get your sites penalised. Then what are you left with? Nothing.

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  10. 007speed

007speed Member

Best Answers:
    Please can someone tell us from his/her own experience on how to choose an SEO company or some of the best and affordable companies out there.

007speed, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  11. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    The best way in my opinion is to learn SEO. Otherwise you'll be forever at the mercy of people telling you what the last update means and what it doesn't mean. And in particular how much you need to spend to put things right. Search Engine Optimization for Dummies by Peter Kent is a good place to start your learning. The beauty of having done some personal study is you'll be better able to assess the worth of any SEO services you're buying. You won't be blinded by science so easily! Best of luck...

axxil, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Well, there is a thread about this already, in particular a post I wrote (this one) links to some blog posts you should read before researching and choosing an SEO company. The thread in general is worth a read (a bit ranty, maybe, but some useful information).

Also, someone asked about using an agency and this is my response. It's something you might want to consider, too.

All this should help you decide if outsourcing SEO is right for you and how to avoid getting Pandalised or similar.

ryan_uk, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  13. swift551

swift551 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    see tutorials learn how to use seo software and seo will be very easy.........

swift551, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  14. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do Both!

You need to actually learn SEO before purchasing it, so that way you know who to outsource your work to. If you don't become a master at your craft, you'll wander aimlessly, wasting valuable time.

coloma21, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  15. avatar33

Best Answers:
    If the SEO service is 'paying for itself', keep it. No point in wasting time doing it yourself if your agency is doing good work. You can focus on actually improving your website/products/sales/support.