1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need suggestion to get refund from Justhost.com

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Chuman, Jul 25, 2011.

It's already been two days I requested for the refund, they have suspended my account with dedicated IP, I don't need the hosting or the dedicated IP but only the refund. The problem is they are not willing to give me refund and also suspended the hosting.

Such a monster this justhost.com is, I paid via paypal if I open a dispute what will happen ? how can I get my money back ? They have mentioned no question anytime money back but now they are refusing to give back my money, what should I do ? kindly suggest me.

Chuman, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  2. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG they removed the domain name from the Domain Management, I can't see the domain though it's not important for me but no refunds no domain hosting cancelled what is this ? Don;t you think Justhost is too much ? Where can I get help to fight this scam hosting ?

Chuman, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why did they suspend your account?

WSWD, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  4. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I first requested the Cancellation and they offered me 3 months more hosting after the 1 year expiration but I told them I don't want to host the website anymore so still want to go for the refund. Then they stopped answering me, I followed the cancellation procedure on the website earlier, so they suspended. Not a big deal if the site's suspended the problem is refund I should get.

Chuman, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't get into all the details without knowing exactly what happened, etc. But...this is a huge problem with using PayPal for hosting. Buyers have little recourse when something goes wrong. I have personally dealt with refund issues and PayPal and they pretty much don't care about the buyer.

Generally speaking, I have gotten away from PayPal (even though it's far more convenient) and I use my credit card for just about every online purchase, because I know that my credit card is going to go to bat for me if something goes wrong. They'll file the chargeback for me, and if something did indeed go wrong, they'll work endlessly to get me my money back.

I don't know who is at fault here without looking at any of the details, but it doesn't take too much looking to find reviews on JustHost. They have certainly had their share of problems recently.

WSWD, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  6. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can read the whole story here in this post , http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1705969

I did nothing wrong, I just asked for the refund and cancelled my account and I rejected their 3 months extension of the hosting If I decide to remain, That's all. They suspended the hosting/dedicated ip, sitelock, had ssl on it and also hid the domain from the domain management so that I cannot transfer it. I don't care about the domain or ssl I just wanted the refund because didn't want to host.

Chuman, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  7. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just read the other post. Interesting.

Honestly, I think you're screwed as far as the refund is concerned, but you never know. Hopefully they'll surprise you.

WSWD, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  8. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's already 4 days now I mailed them today also but no replies, they have removed everything the domain hosting sitelock everything but not willing to give refunds, I wonder what kind of cruel person are these people.

Chuman, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  9. alexdoerr

alexdoerr Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to let them know that if they do not refund, you might have to post on external forums about their services. Most of the hosts take external forums seriously. I assume, they might refund you right away.

If they don't then post on WHT, DP, WSO and other forums. Hope this helps!

Regards

alexdoerr, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  10. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That would be threatening and I am already posting it here, I called paypal and they told me that since it's 45 days over I can't create a dispute and I would have to solve the problem with the company itself. But it's not responding, I was never surprised like this. I don't know what my mistake is ? Following their anytime money back without question in their website and asking for refund is my only mistake. If I'd know such situation would occur, I would have transferred the domain to another account and then asked for the hosting or would never ask for the refund and let the hosting be there. It's good to have something for nothing.

I requested them with humble words but all the show is their cruelness for a few amount of money. I think i don't have any alternatives now and I would go for the threatening option.

Chuman, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  11. Christian Little

Christian Little Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to JustHost lol. They've grown into a huge monster because they put up all these cheap hosting offers, which got them tons of customers but they cannot manage it properly. Their infrastructure doesn't support the customer base, so they are treating their customers like garbage right now and abusing the hell out of them.

All you can do is move onto a better host.

Christian Little, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  12. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Aww that sucks man. I did have an issue with a lesser known web host many years ago. When they failed to give me a refund i went about posting on every other webhosting forum and review website that was there. I didn't get my money back but a few months later the guy did come back to me and cursed me for leaving the bad reviews. Regarding Paypal.. its tricky.. some people say they don't support the buyers and some say they are more towards the sellers. I don't think Paypal will be able to refund you the money.

The only way to move forward is to learn from the mistakes and make sure never to repeat them again.

forexaff, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  13. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only mistake I committed was asking for the refund. I did because I had no use for the hosting.

Chuman, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  14. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wish I were still have sufficient time to ask for the refund as part of their guarantee, I were definitely be able to get back the money through PayPal resolution. I opened resolution with PayPal and given them strong proven record. I used to copy and paste all my transactions, bookmarked as well stored in my hard drive for immediate reference.

The best part is, I always won the case.

imuncutno1, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  15. chaldo

chaldo Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't you dispute on paypal?

chaldo, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  16. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I called paypal and they said that we can only open dispute if the transaction is within 45 days so I didn't do it. I do have all the records screenshots and everything.

Chuman, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  17. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's correct. PayPal will not help you after 45 days. In fact, they normally won't help you with hosting at all. That's why I highly recommend using a credit card. Of course, that doesn't help you any, but just trying to offer some advice for others out there.

WSWD, Jul 31, 2011 IP