1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JustHost webhosting is a scam-Run away

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by kikwete, Feb 22, 2010.

i ordered for hosting with this company sometime in December and they went with my $42 for unlimited hosting.
    I have my two websites with them which get around 150 visitors per day,wth less than 20 pages....and today...THEY HAVE SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT
    Reason:i have exceeded usage resources.
    Inorder to get my websites..i have to upgrade to dedicated hosting.Price---$149 per month.
    I have presented my case to them ....they dont want to respond....unless i upgrade.
    Guys 20 pages running on wordpress with less 150 visitors.........is this a burden to host CPU's......This is definately a scam

kikwete, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  2. Shagoon

Shagoon Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure they would give you your data if you wish to move to another webhost.

Shagoon, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  3. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes they will give you a backup, i have used alot of resources with them on my gaming site. I was notified and paid instantly for an upgrade. Idk why you got suspended but they are definitely NOT a scam.

ChopSuey, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  4. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just ask fr backup and change host.. dont go for oversellers all are same

Bohra, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  5. Carl29

Carl29 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this will be my second year with Just Host, and I have 6 websites with different aplications with them (WP, OSC, html, php, ...) and everything runs great. I dont think they are scam. What was your site about?

Carl29, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  6. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:

Accusing them of being a scam will not get your data back, you will be lucky to get your data back after this post you have made about them. Most companies dont like being labeled as scammers.

They have a legit justification as to why they have suspended your account - You have used too much cpu resources. This could be caused by a number of things;

One of your wordpress plugins e.g stats has a memory or CPU leak.
    Your wordpress blog has no caching, so when SE's crawlers check your site - your accounts cpu resource limit was probably hit this way

Just because your wordpress has only 20 pages doesn't mean that your site uses a small amount of resources. a 2 page wordpress blog will happily use two servers worth of resources if you have enough hits.

Once again, im saying they are not a scam.

FavouritesBlog, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. khongwir

khongwir Peon

Best Answers:
    Did they give you a backup of your site? Your best option would be to switch hosts. Paying $149 for a 20page blog is not very wise. You will get many other options for lesser price.

khongwir, May 30, 2011 IP
  8. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, this is not a first for this.
    First, email nicely and ask for your sites to be backed up and emailed to you.
    Second. EMAIL them back for your sites.
    Third. Email them again.

4th then you have a right to open a thread like this.

Dont label something that is not with out PURE just cause.

IwhiC, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  9. httn

httn Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes need contact support ask for backup date. and try another host.

httn, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  10. cripperz

cripperz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the web owner is just frustrated. Just ask for the backup and move on. There are plenty of options, have more control of your own web resources by getting VPS instead. From there you can monitor server loads and bandwidth, better clarity and control for most =).

cripperz, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  11. BuzzHost

BuzzHost Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are a bit harsh with those word scam I feel it comes out of alot of peoples mouths too quickly when things go wrong. Sure there are scammer's out there and yes sure you do have to look out for them to protect yourself almost at all times. I can vouch for Justhost though I have dealt with them in the past when I was just starting out they were very useful friendly and honest. As mentioned above if you really are unhappy with their services and wish to move on to another provider I am sure they will not hold you back. I would like to advise you on your next provider you go with read their ToS carefully and try to pick a package to which will accommodate your needs with room to grow or at least find one who is a bit more flexible and can offer custom packages so you dont run into this issue again.

BuzzHost, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  12. Minimo

Minimo Peon

Best Answers:
    All this companies who are scamming this days.. pfff...

Minimo, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  13. trecords

trecords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. I have ordered hosting for 1 year then my site got suspended 4 times because of high resource use for their weak servers. And then they said they can`t unsuspend as they will do refund. I got refund after 1 month since my cpanel suspended and it was about 4.50$ but i have paid 45$ for hosting. I have hosted 5 month with them.
    Too bad experience, i am on m2host now and it works perfect for my same site. it is also cheapest one.

trecords, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  14. riteshsanap

riteshsanap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah JustHost is really bad after JH i turned to HostGator , but HG also have few glitches but its good then JH

riteshsanap, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  15. cripperz

cripperz Active Member

Best Answers:
    well another note. Dont fall easily for UNLIMITED DATA bla bla... if there is one hard disk in the world which have infinite space please let me know. i would like to have one.

cripperz, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  16. Dominatos

Dominatos Member

Best Answers:
    It's your own mistake- unlimited IS NOT unlimited in reality...

Dominatos, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  17. SGeek

SGeek Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Dominatos If I were you I'd go with smaller company they seem to treat there clients a bit better..

SGeek, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  18. viadmin

viadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    I also had a pretty bad experience with JustHost.com just few days ago.

I did delete few web sites and I didn't had a backup, then I asked them to restore the backup from what they have and guess what?!!?

They told me they didn't backup my data !!!!!!! because I had number of files under my account that where above their "unlimited" limit...!!!!????

:mad::mad:

I am so totally f.... up

:mad::mad:

They didn't told me that they are not backing up my data!!! They just quietly stopped doing the backup... and when I asked them to restore my data they told me "you are violating" our "unlimited space" policy... WTF??!!!???

viadmin, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  19. BuzzHost

BuzzHost Peon

Best Answers:
    Again as others have mentioned in here and in other forums as well the "UNLIMITED" any thing is not reality it is just simply a gimic to increase sales. I really must say to everyone who is out there looking for the best deals in hosting companies read there TOS entirely and dont just skim through them pay close attention to what is written in their rules of use and conduct of service before excepting their service you might find that almost everyone will have some sort of rule or regulation that seams to be abit strict and may not seam fare but it will allow you to know your rights and what the company is really offering you. :)

On the other hand JH has always seamed fair to me and I have not really had any bad experiences with them they went out of their way to assist me with issues when I wasn't even a customer of theirs.

BuzzHost, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  20. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have hosted with Justhost.com and I would also like to call it a scammer, I had two domain names hosted with them but they were unused and I didn't wanted to further host the websites. It's been 3 months with the hosting. I decided to stop the hosting and requested for cancellation of my domain name and asked for refund. Within half an hour they emailed me that they will provide me 3 months more hosting after the expiry date but I told them I don't want to hos the websites and would still go for the refund.

After that they suspended my account and stopped responding to my support tickets. I emailed support, the support told me to email billing, I emailed billing the billing told me that it would be reviewed by cancel and to email the cancel department, I emailed cancel department at then they told me to email

I emailed and now they are not answering my support ticket. Their site tells anytime money back guarantee without any question http://www.justhost.com/anytime-money-back-guarantee#ic

Just Host offers a 'No Questions Asked'
    Anytime money back guarantee with all our hosting plans.

Our cancellation policy is very simple - if you cancel your hosting account we will provide you with a refund for the remainder of the term. The refund will exclude any setup fees that were charged when you signed up and any domain registration fees that you paid as we incur a cost for these. But you do get to keep your domain name.

If we register a domain name for you as part of your hosting package with us, and you decide that you want to cancel your account, then we will deduct the cost of the domain name from the money we refund you. We will then be able to release the domain after the standard 60 days so you are free to take it elsewhere. During those 60 days you can change your nameservers to point elsewhere so you can still access your website.

They have mentioned that their cancellation process is very very simple, I already explained you all respected members of this forum how simple the process is. I also called them and they mentioned that refund matters is best handled through email.

Been already 2 days and no answers nothing. Before when I created support ticket it would get answered for less than an hour but now am requesting for refunds and all this happens.

So all these conditions are giving me a cause to label Justhost a Scammer Hosting Company.

Chuman, Jul 25, 2011 IP