1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HOw can I transfer all my members and posts from one SQL database to another?

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by Iron Hide, Jul 11, 2011.

Hi,

I have two vBulletin forums. One's vB license is expiring so I was planning on transporting all my members and posts to the other one. Both are same genre forum. Old one has around 1k posts and new one has around 500. Is there anyway I can transport all members and posts to other forum in SQL database. Both are vBulletin and I don't need anything else other than members and all posts and thread.

Thanks

Iron Hide, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  2. ntomsheck

ntomsheck Peon

Best Answers:
    Do a mysql dump of each table then import it into the new database. If using phpMyAdmin, or anything other than command line, you'll find the features you need browsing around the interface. Now, the tricky part. What does it use as a unique identifier? I don't know how vBulletin runs the database, but if it uses a single unique number (postID or something like that), you'll have to change the numbers on one or the other. You can do this with a quick PHP script, of course

ntomsheck, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  3. Iron Hide

Iron Hide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Iron Hide, Jul 12, 2011 IP