1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Adsense Review - for those who need help with placement

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by shulink, Apr 18, 2011.

1. VijayKudal.com

VijayKudal.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    almost done
    #4 is diffcult
    Y'days ctr was 2.41%

VijayKudal.com, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  2. shulink

shulink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good, 2.41% is a pretty good click through rate.

shulink, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  3. shulink

Best Answers:
    If you are earning only $5 for a click through rate of 0.88%, then your niche is a low paying niche. There is not much I can do, the best I can do is increase that to $10 - $15 with a click through rate of 2% - 3%. I don't recommend anyone to have a click through rate over 3% as that will get Google suspicious.
    Anyway, my advice for you is to go for affiliate products instead or try to promote cpa offers, that will work much better for your site than adsense. You should make at least $1,000 a month with 1500 unique visitors a day.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
    shulink, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  4. VijayKudal.com

VijayKudal.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    yup
    I changed boxes on front page coz it was taking too much time to load
    plz check

VijayKudal.com, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  5. shulink

Best Answers:
    Looks good. Give a week to test out.

shulink, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  6. kvnfo

kvnfo Peon

Best Answers:
    You posted in my other review thread.

But I have recently updated my layout. I get about 1.5k - 2.5k hits a day.

Im wondering how my current ads hold up. If you have any suggestions i'll be happy to try them out..

thank you
    great thing your doing here!

kvnfo, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  7. shulink

Best Answers:
    please post your site as I don't keep track of the sites that I reviewed in other threads.

shulink, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  8. kvnfo

kvnfo Peon

Best Answers:
    blah sorry, completely forget it lol

oddfuturetalk.com

kvnfo, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  9. trainermike

trainermike Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you check out my site. I would like to put a leaderboard below my title but my wordpress theme evolve won't do it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    http://exerciseandnutritiontips.com

trainermike, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  10. Predator007

Predator007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please review my 2 sites http://extremearticle.com & http://articlesdynasty.com
    Both sites have different ad formats but earning too much low as $0.04 or 0.06 per day.

Please suggest your thoughts.
    Thank you

Predator007, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  11. sheikhu

sheikhu Member

Best Answers:
    please PM me some suggestion about ad placement in my site in my signature and also about the following site http://www.ftv12.tk

sheikhu, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  12. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please review my blog Online Free Article Directory if you find some time. I would be glad to hear ideas from you. This is basically an online free article directory and I get around 400 UV per day. The amount I earn is very close to $0.10. I know it is very early days still if I can increase my earning potential it would be a great chance for me to invest more time and effort too. Thanks in advance.

wordpecker, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  13. shulink

Best Answers:
    1. Try to make your site wider if possible so that you can put a Leaderboard (728 x 90) on the top instead of Banner (468 x 60). Use text links instead of image.
    2. Put 2 250x250 ad on top of each post. If doesn't fit, put 1 Large Rectangle (336 x 280) on top of each post.
    3. Under recent post, create a similar box to put link units so people will think those are your actual links and click on them.
    4. Put 2 link units under each post
    5. Put a 336X280 ad on your main page below the first 2 posts

remember, you can have 3 ad units and 3 link units on each page, so maximize them to get maximum income.

shulink, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  14. shulink

Best Answers:
    I believe I review your site in another thread.
    1. The right side is too wide, you need to make it shorter like 200px or something
    2. The background is wrong for your vertical banner on the left Wide Skyscraper (160x600). You should use the same color as your website which is #EEEEF4

Implement the changes that I suggested in your other thread first and I will review it after.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2151147

shulink, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  15. alax89

alax89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please review: http://dubstep-remixes.com

Some more information: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2158268

Thanks!

alax89, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  16. shulink

Best Answers:
    1. put a Leaderboard (728 x 90) on the right of your logo.
    2. use text ad instead of image ad.
    3. move the 2 main 250x250 ad above your introduction text.
    4. use text for your Wide Skyscraper (160x600) on the right. If you can move this whole side bar to the left, that will greatly increase your click through rate because the top left hand corner is the first thing people look when they a site. If you can't
    5. put link unit (200x90_4) under the Archives that use the same color as your links.
    6. use 2 250x250 ad above each post (below the title), if doesn't fit, then use 1 Large Rectangle (336 x 280).

shulink, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  17. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    JamesColin, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  18. shulink

Best Answers:
    Hey JamesConn, your placement looks great. I don't think you need any help with placement or color. How's your click through rate now?
    All I think come up with is a few minor ones
    1. put a Leaderboard (728 x 90) on the main page, maybe under the video or a little lower using text links.
    2. put a vertical Wide Skyscraper (160x600) on the sidebar using text links. If you are able to move the whole side bar to the right, I think that will increase the click through rate as the top left corner is generally the first thing people see when they visit a site.
    3. a link unit above your main menu (468x15_4) Displays up to 4 links on the right of your logo. Maybe another link unit as the last item on "Latest Income / Salary Pages"

It really depends on how much ad you want to put on your main page. Other than those, I think you should be getting pretty good click through rate. With an alexa rank of 25000, you must be getting really good traffic.

shulink, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  19. shulink

Best Answers:
    You ad looks pretty good. You need to work on your traffic. Here are some minor suggestions
    1. you menu link is a little obvious with the white background. Try to move it a little lower or something so it doesn't look like ad.
    2. Use Wide Skyscraper (160x600) instead of Skyscraper (120x600), and move the ad above your other images
    3. create boxes that are similar to your real content to display either ad units or link units.

shulink, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  20. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for your review, I'll think about it. I just want to explain why I don't put any ad on the homepage, it's because I send traffic to the homepage from my other sites with a popunder. And adsense tos says that a page with adsense should not be loaded via a popunder or a popup.

About my CTR, I can't tell you because my site is adsense revenue sharing, so the revenue/clicks is shared between several adsense publishers. But let's say that overall on the site, for me it's very fine. (My minimum CTR for me to consider being fine is 5%)
    Also, about your question on traffic, my stats are public (see bottom of page) and can been seen here: http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=dam008
    The site is quite new (october 2010) and some traffic is being sent by my other sites. But I hope by christmas 2011 google will send in much more visitors.

Thank you again for your review.

JamesColin, Apr 24, 2011 IP