1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Request for deleting the post containing my email address

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by rome, Feb 28, 2011.

rome, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    We never delete any threads/posts here unless it violates our terms and guidelines.

DON.

deluxdon, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  3. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    As I had posted my email address, I was not comfortable with the same, I remember reading in the past wherein members have made similar request as mine and they were looked into, if you feel I have a right to request for deletion of the specific post containing my private information, then please do the needful.

Thanks

rome, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  4. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    @deluxdon

Why not spend 60 seconds of your time to remove those email addresses from those posts?

When the requests from members for their privacy is treated with a one liner, they wont feel good.

~ExP~

extremephp, Feb 28, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Email addresses are now encrypted, so spiders can't see/read them. The only way someone can find your email that you posted in a post is if they specifically use the search mechanism in this forum to search for the email (obviously they would have to already know it to search for it).

For example... check the source of this page for this email:

digitalpoint, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  6. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @Admin
    I actually saw this
    <span class="email_crypt"><a href="mailto:randomemail@text.com">randomemail@text.com</a></span><script type="text/javascript">show_email("o@Led._.@Q2mv_0vV8d.");</script>

@rome
    Why not consider using the report post button (and request the mods to make desired change) next time instead of opening a new useless thread.
    And if it is the first post of the thread you can also edit it yourself one thread per month ( or per week if premium ) using the bump/edit feature

psharma, Jun 12, 2011 IP