1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review: Beavis and Butt-head related site (+ need marketing advice)

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by allthegoodnamesweretaken, Dec 15, 2010.

Hi, quick background information: I used to own a very similar site, also based on wordpress about a year back. However this version is considerably faster, more interactive and feature rich than the old one. Beavis and Butt-head had recently been announced to be back in production, so I thought i'd revamp the site. A key website for any Beavis and Butt-head fan!

What distinguishes us from other similar sites?
    • There are no other (or at least none that i can find with a google search) streaming websites dedicated soley to Beavis and Butt-head. This allows us more time to focus on B&B and be the best we can!
    • No annoying ads or surveys to fill out! It's as simple as selecting an episode and clicking play.
    • At the time of writing this post, not a single episode (including pilots and movies) missing. When videos are down, users are given the option to "Report dead video". The report is checked and responded to within 12 hours to make sure all episodes are available to view.
    • Cool features including: random episode link, share/social bookmarking tool, thumbs up/down (rate) system, report dead video system, episode comments from viewers like yourselves, as well as much more!

The link is http://bit.ly/dL2XYL, so check it out for yourself (please refrain from posting the proper url further on in this thread as I do not wish for this post to be indexed). I would like to know what you think of the site overall (as it currently stands), as well as what could be improved. Feature requests would be great too!

Lastly, I need to know how to market (draw traffic) to the site. I've owned more websites than I can remember over the years, but 99% have eventually failed due to a lack of marketing. What do I do?
    # Post comments on Beavis and Butt-head related YouTube videos with my link?
    # Try and add my link to sites such as blinx and other streaming websites?
    # Contact Beavis and Butt-head websites with offers of a link exchange?
    # What else? (Also, are the above ideas any good or not? I'm a marketing noob)

A big thanks in advanced for any help, it's greatly appreciated! :)

John

PS. Any comments & ratings left on the site will be rewarded with a +rep here!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. allthegoodnamesweretaken

allthegoodnamesweretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn no responses so far :(

Anyway, updating this thread to say that since this thread has no replies and perhaps doesn't seem likely to, I've created a separate marketing thread found here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2033596

All marketing advice should go into that thread ONLY, and any reviews should be in this thread ONLY.

Thanks again :)

3. zigzag007

zigzag007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sweet, I facebooked it.

zigzag007, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  4. allthegoodnamesweretaken

Best Answers:
    Wow, didn't expect that - thank you very much, +rep for the help :D

5. PsyHost

PsyHost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    submit your site to sidereel and blinkx and so on! will get you visitors :)
    site looks good mate, once i rebuild my tv website i will link to you for beavis and butthead eps! :)
    PM me reminding me, (sorry im a very busy person, and my memory is faulty ahahha)

PsyHost, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  6. pjmoniuszko

pjmoniuszko Peon

Best Answers:
    Sweet idea, love the topic

pjmoniuszko, Dec 16, 2010 IP
  7. allthegoodnamesweretaken

Best Answers:
    No joke, I have an entire thread dedicated to marketing, and your first sentence is of more help (so far) than that entire thread (in terms of things that would actually work).

Thanks and thanks! :D That's a great idea and would be very good if you could help me out in that way :) (Side note: Anyone else with some sort of streaming site that wants to link to mine, feel free).

Thanks for your comments buddy.

Thanks!

Anyone else? Any constructive criticism from anyone?

8. allthegoodnamesweretaken

Best Answers:
    Bump - more reviews please! +rep to all reviews!!