1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Famous $100 48 hr PSD Only Contest Part 4: Boots!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by oneawesomeguy, Aug 4, 2009.

1. harizd

harizd Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
    harizd, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For anyone interested, I have also started another contest here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=12159715

@Janine: I like the simplicity of your design. The only thing is that I do not want to have e-commerce be this website's main point. The website is mostly for people to find out more about the product. Prices do not even need to be listed and especially no "Add to Cart" icons on the main page. Even though I do not want it in this design, I really liked your cart thing on the top right. Very thoughtful! Lastly, I thought the curves at the top with the pictures were beautiful.

@katesrobyn: Nice job! I actually do not know what to say bad about your design so I will just say some good: I loved (!!) how you used the image of the boots as the background. I love the professional-feeling I get from this design. I love the metalic-feel on the pictures (normally, I would not like this but with boots, it just fits!). I think it is funny how the top seller is some random guy. I don't know what else to say. What I liked the most was how everything fits together. That is the most important thing.

@stardesigns99: Thanks for entering. I like the picture you used as a header on top. I was not sure about the brown-yellow color you decided to go with. I like how you designed the part where it says "Welcome" and the text over the image.

@Groffy77: I really liked your design. I love the wooden background. That matches well with the horse theme. I also liked your little horse icon and how you incorporated the boot into the design. It fits in so nicely. I liked the red at the top, but the red on the footer threw me a little bit off. It seemed like too much red. I loved the font you used on the headings though and basically your whole header image was great!

@lolkat: I love the background you decided to go with. It fits in very nicely with your design. Your design also has a very professional feel to it. I didn't like so much the arrows in the menu on the left, but I did like the main menu on the top. I liked how you used giant lowercase letters there. It works very well here. I also love the little spot for a slogan and the pictures of the guys wearing black boots. I also like how you have a little picture of a jockey as if it were a testimonial. Very nice.

@Erthy: I liked your design because it was different from the general theme. You used lighter colours and made it seem more Earthy :) The green and brown together just fit in very nicely.

@JR (design sent via PM): I adored your whole header image. I really, really loved it! I like the kind of rustic style you are going for. I also liked the shadowy figures! Awesome! I liked the flags to change dialect. I also really liked your menu and the image of the horse jumping.

Great job everyone!

Remember: Do not worry about making little tiny changes. No need for everybody to be wasting their time with little things like that. I can get a sense of your design from what you submitted already. If I really want a change, I will ask you. :)

23 hours remaining. Good luck guys.

oneawesomeguy, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  3. harizd

harizd Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    harizd, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  4. awd

awd Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    awd, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  5. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Kindly posted it here.

katesrobyn, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  6. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @harizd: Most likely you posted your entry while I was writing my post so I did not notice it. Good thing you mentioned it again or I may have missed it all together. :) I think I liked your third design the best as too much green in the header makes me feel uncomfortable or something. All that white space makes me want to put something there. :) I really liked all the pictures you decided to go with and the simplicity of the design.

@awd: I like this design very much. It looks like your designs skills have improved since the last time you entered one of my contests (and won!). I like the colors you decided to go with. They all fit very well together (maybe minus the light green background which stands out a little too much). I also liked how you sort of zoomed in to show the boot of the guy riding the horse. The only thing I thought was that the zoomed-in boot and the boot on the guy riding the horse were obviously different boots (don't worry about that for now). I also liked all your little icons and features on the bottom half of the design. Very nice job all together!

@katesrobyn: I will leave it up to the designer to post or not post his design here. I agree with you that it would be beneficial for everyone if the design was here, but as it his design I leave it up to him.

@everyone: You guys keep making their designs primarily based on a shopping cart system. This is okay as in my mind I can remove this from the design, but future entries may want to stop listing prices and putting "Add to Cart" buttons.

About 13 hours left for entries to be submitted. Good luck everyone and don't forget about my other contest here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1445834

oneawesomeguy, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  7. awd

awd Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you Chris for the excellent feedback!! you're becoming one of my favorite CH :)
    I can make the necessary modifications if it's selected as the winner since you've said not to worry about tweaking things at the moment.The jockey boot part it won't be a problem,since it's an easy photo manipulation job that can be done in 5 minutes tops and I can also change the light green background with something that will fit your vision.

Thank you,
    AWD

awd, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  8. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my try.

[​IMG]

PHPGator, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  9. neilparnham

neilparnham Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    neilparnham, Aug 6, 2009 IP
    lordadel likes this.
  10. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Contest is officially over. I am just waiting on one entry because the person previously contacted me via PM.

I will announce the winner soon and give feedback once I have the last entry. :)

Thanks everyone!

oneawesomeguy, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  11. harizd

harizd Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my revision..
    I did not understand what u meant by white space . i added border now

http://i29.tinypic.com/2hf7zmg.png

EDIT: Oh ! I dunoo why i always post my entry when u provide feedback :p Anyways i hope u consider this as i was just late by a minute or almost we posted together.

harizd, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  12. Groffy77

Groffy77 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey I actually originally had the footer wood, I just changed it last minute because I felt like there was a lack of accent color in the footer. I just disabled some layers and enabled the old ones so you can see how it originally looked. You'll probably like this more.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3365/design.png

Sorry for showing you this after the contest has ended.

-David

Groffy77, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  13. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks everyone for their entries! I look take a good look at all of them and make my decision. I will post the winner and what I think of the designs here.

P.S. There are so many great designs here, I will have trouble picking out just one!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  14. Graffworld2

Graffworld2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    plz wait i am almost done

Graffworld2, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  15. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I haven't forgotten about you. I will wait for your design. :)

16. Graffworld2

Graffworld2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Graffworld2, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  17. jnjnnino

jnjnnino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    jnjnnino, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  18. neilparnham

neilparnham Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    oh bum - i was looking at both contests at the same time - thanks for pointing that out - sorry about that CH

neilparnham, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  19. Graffworld2

Graffworld2 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    anything happened here?

Graffworld2, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  20. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay. I owe you guys an explanation: I am just waiting on a response from my friend who is currently traveling since I am helping him make this website. As soon as I hear anything I will post here. I am expecting a decision by today. Thank you guys for understanding!

oneawesomeguy, Aug 10, 2009 IP