1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google AdSense and Top Paying Keywords?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 7stars7stones, Mar 10, 2005.

I found couple of links, where they're selling top paying keywords:
    One of them: www.toppayingkeywords.com

Idea is (if I understand this right) that you will put these keywords to the content of your website and you might go from earnings of 0.2c per click to easily over $4/click.

Sounded interesting, but of course not many people are interesting in buying xls file full of keywords just to see this will never work.
    In my research I found another link: http://www.adsenseheaven.com/ ; where they have a list of top paying keywords for free.

I have extracted 100 of them just to test this and I've put them on the blank html page along with my adsense code.

To my surprise it was not generating any google ads which were related to this keywords.

So I don't know if this actually works. Also I am not sure what is Google policy on such endeavors.

Does anyone has anything to say?

Joe

7stars7stones, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  2. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    The keywords and bid price give you an idea how much advertisers pay. But keep in mind that the bid prices change all the time.

pg20706, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  3. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to put some relative content too, and give google one day to read the content and display relative ads!

maverick, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  4. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, I didn't know that this is not instant.
    Interesting. Will give it a try.
    Will this work if I include these keywords in hidden textbox?
    Or as a html comment?
    I want to test this, just for curiosity.

Joe

5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Joe,

You'll have to write a proper page for each word otherwise Google has nothing to go by, Hidden stuff won't work. They need good content to try and determine what this page is about so the callenge is to make them think it's about that keyword. Then you'll get those ads.

T0PS3O, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  6. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    That was my opinion on this as well.

Does it mean that unless you wrote an article including these keywords and included it in the content of your page (and that might be dealing with completely different topics) it wouldn't work?

So basically, whoever is selling these keywords is cheating, just to make some cash?

7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    No they're not cheating, you don't get the point of the list it seems.

People want to make money online. So they write articles and stick adsense on it.

They all would have an advantage if they knew which subjects (not so much words) yield a high pay-out. This is where the list comes in. They buy it and get some inspiration from it.

The lists don't promise - 'stick this word on your page and you're rich'. They are just a list of costly AdWords phrases and considering AdSense pays out up to 80%, it's also a list of high-payout phrases one could use to write articles about.

T0PS3O, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  8. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, so this is how it works.
    Hm, that is a weird way though.
    So I get keywords, than make whole bunch of pages about the topic, wait for search engines to index it and people to click on ads...
    Wow, I wonder if this worked for anyone ever :)

Wouldn't this be against Google TOS?
    Making pages just to profit from AdSense?

9. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Works for me. I didn't buy a list or do any real research, I just picked a topic I felt was worth something and made some pages about it.

Infiniterb, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It's perfectly fine to do technically. If you don;t mention anything and make a good looking site, user friendly and all that then no one will ever know your 'hidden' agenda.

There's nothing illegal about it. You can find out these words yourself with Overture's bid tool or in your AdWords account (by playing around, guessing the obvious once - to do with lawyers, health care, insurance etc.).

The guidelines say you shouldn't build pages for this reason only but that's an ethical guideline, not a law. Up to you what to do with it.

And yes it works for people.

T0PS3O, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  11. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:

Can you confirm that your CPC is so much higher as these sites claim?

12. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agent47, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  13. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These sites are never right as far as the actual amount. They give you a good guage as what you might be able to expect, but there's nothing conclusive.

One thing you need to watch out for is a high paying keyword, but the click through rates. You may have a 30 dollar bid of a keyword, but if there's very little traffic there's an even smaller click through. So you kind of have to balance it out a bit and do some more research on your keywords.

Infiniterb, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  14. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    And also work out how much time and efort is costs to actually rank for these words... Start a Meso page now and you;ll be up against 200,000 skilled SEO's. Forget about a top 10 ranking there. The clever part is indeed in finding just the right phrases with a decent payout and easy to acquire traffic.

T0PS3O, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  15. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I was curious how that worked. So if I added a section to a site that talks about 'asbestos cancer' G has no grounds to raise an eyebrow, right? Even if the site I have put it on is not really relevant.

The list I have shows this term ads the highest paying ket phrase. To me there's really nothing wrong with it but I feel it's pushing the line. :confused:

Homer, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  16. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, there is probably so many people doing it now, that it might not even be worth any efforts, as your site would probably show up on page 71 in google search :)

7stars7stones, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  17. yisou

yisou Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to check high pay key words is always try yourself.

yisou, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  18. Shez

Shez Peon

Best Answers:
    Wellllllllll
    Tell you one thing that google has dropped the payout rate for those which are "MADE FOR ADSENSE" they just pay now few cents if your site falls into this category so this idea seems flopped now.
    Ah (I earned a lot ) but now :(

Shez, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  19. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    toppaying keyword lists dont work. Just do the research yourself and save money. I know several keywords that pay alot on overture tht you wouldnt find on any list, and the google adsense system fluctuates alot so there is no get rich quick sheme on adsense.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  20. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Speak for yourself PATSyboy. Stop spreading BS as fact. Nothing works for you, we know now. You can't get Amazon Aff to work, AdSense is bothering you, you can't convert these lists, you can't make up your mind or for once voice your very own opinion...

T0PS3O, Mar 14, 2005 IP