1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weapon Ambargo to israel !

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ziya, Apr 21, 2009.

Britain to review all arms exports to Israel

LONDON – Britain says it will review all weapons exports to Israel following the country's recent war on Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
    The move comes amid pressure from British lawmakers who had demanded that the government ensure U.K. weapon parts were not used against Palestinians.
    Foreign Secretary David Miliband told Parliament Tuesday that all export licenses would be reviewed "in light of recent events in Gaza." Israel's three-week offensive ended in mid-January.
    He says all future applications to export arms to Israel will also be assessed with the Gaza conflict in mind.
    Miliband says Britain supplies less than 1 percent of Israel's military imports.
    ------------

I hope Britain will stop weapon exports to israel . And it is time for US to review their weapons exports too.. We are waiting that decision from World beloved President Mr Obama . And calling Germany to stop exporting weapons to israel(white phosphrouse)

ziya, Apr 21, 2009 IP
    metros likes this.
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    1. The word is embargo, not ambargo.
    2. Nobody is talking about an embargo anyway (I guess some people just don't comprehend what they read)
    3. Britain supplies less than 1 percent of Israel's military imports.
    4. Not a chance in hell the US stops helping our ally.

browntwn, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  3. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you ..
    1.Sorry it is embargo
    2.It is just maybe the first step towards restrictions exporting weapons to israel
    3. The percent doesn't mean , if parts of the UK made arms used in Gaza ,in Palestine against civils
    4. What do you mean with "our ally" ?

ziya, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Israel is an ally of the US. So by "our ally" I am referring to the fact that Israel is an ally of the US.

Since the amount of military imports from the UK to Israel is so small, even if the UK ceased all sales it would not matter in terms of having a negative effect on Israel's capabilities.

browntwn, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  5. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes I do agree that it will not affect israel. But you have to agree that , it shows that England kinda accepts what happened in Gaza was wrong(or very wrong), that is why they have decided to review. And it gives a green light to discussions how israel using weapons. Who knows,maybe it will lead a way for discussions in US to review arms export too

ziya, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  6. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that it would be the greatest joke in the world if the UK will stop selling weapons to Israel whlie dozens of thousands of their soldiers reside in occupied Iraq for absolutely no reason. :)

What do you think ziya about the tons of weapons (and airforce improvements) that your country, Turkey, buys from Israel? (against kurds, cyprus, greece, etc')

ChaosTrivia, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  7. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel shame ...i hope Turkey will stop buying weapons from israel

ziya, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  8. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    Turkey Is a great friend of Israel. It is the most toured destination by Israel tourists.
    But not only, we exchange a lot of science and culture. They are also speaking in Israel about buying water from Turkey once our water run off.

However, ziya, when I read your posts and see what kind of "spirit" are they filled in, I start to understand why people in Israel talk about the fear of an islamic revolution in turkey, making it another Iran, and the end of the ONLY muslim country in the world which is a true, modern democracy.

9. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i really didnt want to write on this thread but i couldnt hold back; i have been hearing about this israel, usa and gaza stuff from a long time. I did analyze alot of things.. i just dont want to mention every things in detail since everyone has their point of views. I do not think US should support israel with weapons so they can enjoy playing a SO called "bombing game" with Gaza. I feel bad for the innocents of either side.. its all about the media <-- they are ruling the world.. find out whose behind them, whats the motive etc.. it will amaze you

elitesystem, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  10. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    Please enlighten us from what you have learned in your long, deep analysis.

Actually it was not a "bombing game", like what the U.S. did in Iraq.
    It was a march into the most densed population in the world with the goal of reducing innocent casualities to the lowest minimum possible, at the price of risking Israeli soldiers. Or maybe It was an air campaign and the media was bluffing me? who knows... :)

11. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I am not interested in talking Turkey politics here.

Congressman Dennis Kucinich: Israel may be using American weapons illegally.. January 7, 2009
    He sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice :
    "
    I believe that Israel’s use of defense articles provided by the U.S in the current Gaza military attacks may constitute a violation of the AECA( Arms Export Control Act of 1976). At a minimum, the conflict is sufficient to warrant an immediate report to Congress as required by 22 U.S.C. §2753.
    "

Any one heard of AECA in US?

ziya, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  12. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    But rest assured general Muslims in Turkey hate isreal as much as the Palestinians!

Ziya: what is your take on this?

new, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  13. uploas

uploas Peon

Best Answers:
    Israel Army development (Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.) is one of the biggest, we export to India for billions of dollars every year, Russia, Singapore, Australia and.. UK.

If UK won't give us weapon, we'll be fine.

uploas, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  14. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    UK can't even think of such blasphemy, how can they do such a thing to their very own illegal child

new, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  15. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a hate to Jews. I have a hate to land grabbers, kid/children/women killers, i hate israel criminal regime . I hate zionism ( i think of them like a terrorist idealogy)

ziya, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  16. uploas

uploas Peon

Best Answers:
    And I find the Islam as the religion of evil (not the Islam, the people who accept the Sharia)

Actually, UK took this land first and gave it to the Zionist by democrat voting. you lost, so stop crying. and again, there was no country \ state call "Palestine"

uploas, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  17. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    some tell me what israel has done with its weapons
    they kill children women and old people with no mercy
    and israel Soldiers has said this
    now who is the terrorist

nancy_18am, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  18. uploas

uploas Peon

Best Answers:
    IDF reports says : 18% of the dead people (in Gaza) weren't related to Hamas and Fatach.

67% of the Gaza population hid Hamas' weapon

who is the terrorist now? People who accept Sharia - Muslims.

Idf at least admit that innocent people died because of their bombs, but your organizations (and "religion" people !) kept and still saying that "Israeli blood is cheaper than water, kill as any Israelis as you can".

uploas, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  19. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    who else ?
    definitely isreal

new, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  20. nancy_18am

nancy_18am Peon

Best Answers:
    iam with that
    of course the killer is the terrorist