1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will White America Accept Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Boogie Nights, Jun 4, 2008.

1. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Obama is literally an American, not African-American.

In order: "Woman Guilt" "Retard Guilt" "Freedom Guilt" :D

Not according to closet racists.

webwork, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Will black America accept McCain? or is America too racist to vote for McCain?

homebizseo, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Homebiz - is it possible people are voting for their respective candidate, and against the opposing candidate, for something other than their race?

northpointaiki, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  4. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree - I actually hate the constant use of terms like this - as I am French & American Indian-American, it gets cumbersome and ridiculous. I was responding to:

When, interestingly enough, he is literally of African-American descent.

5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama is of African & American not a member of the African-American minority group.

bogart, Jun 27, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Under what reasoning?

7. Hudsons

Hudsons Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a white male 51 yrs old and its time we give someone else a chance, i grew up in a southern family which was and to some extent, well the ones who are alive there are still very raciest, this being said i never took with that you have to accept people, regardless of the color of there skin at face value and give everyone a chance.

Besides that there is simply no difference between, a Black Male, A White Male, An Asian or Hispanic Male, we are all humans and no matter if you believe as the Bible Teaches, or if you believe we all came from monkeys or for that matter crawled out of the ocean, there is very little difference between us if there were a white male and asian female could not mate and have children, a black male and a white female could not mate and have children.

A Horse and a Dog cant mate, but they are different we are ALL THE SAME!

The reason anyone's skin and this is a scientific fact is a different color anyway no matter how you believe we came to be , is one set of peoples at some point migrated to a warmer climate and conditions while others to a colder climate and conditions and still yet others to a milder climate and conditions.

having said all that i wanted Hilliary to get in, the reason simply her husband and his experience, i don't give a crap one way or the other what he did behind the doors, the media should have stayed out of it, and let him govern, when he was in the economy was good, and the debt was gone.
    what he did in private was his business he was a good priesident, but she did not get in so give Obama a chance, he cant mess it up worse then it is and if we don't like it in 4 years say goodbye.

Putting Mccain in would be a mistake , i like the guy as he was a war vet and a POW during Nam but he is to damn OLD, we need youth, fresh ideas and a fresh start, come election day i encourage all to vote for him, we can maybe then get some of the people out of Iraq and over time except for a token presence get all of them home, with McCain I'm afraid it will be as he said and i quote 100 Years.

Hudsons, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The reasoning is that Obama is a Kenyan-American. The term African American was popularized by Jesse Jackson because of the historical circumstances surrounding the capture, enslavement and attempts to de-Africanize blacks in the United States under Jim Crow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American

The New York Times reports that more Africans immigrants have entered the US than in the days of slavery.

African immigration is already redefining what it means to be African-American. The steady decline in the percentage of African-Americans with ancestors who suffered directly through the middle passage and Jim Crow is also shaping the debate over affirmative action, diversity programs and other initiatives intended to redress the legacy of slavery.

Professor Charles J. Ogletree Jr., who teaches at Harvard Law School and has warned colleges and universities that admitting mostly foreign-born blacks to meet the goals of affirmative action is insufficient.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/21/n...=6a8081504c2631f4&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

bogart, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Ah - interesting. Thanks for clarifying. :)

northpointaiki, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bogart, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually, I hate all of these terms. I'm, as I say, a Franco-American Indian-American. And I think somewhere in there, my father's side, toss in Danish, and English. Great conversation at a party - "I heard from this Croatian-Italian-Swedish-Chinese American guy that this African-Bornean-Finnish-American lady was telling him about a...."

northpointaiki, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  12. ganpat

ganpat Peon

Best Answers:
    Senator Barack Obama is the son of Barack Obama Sr. and Ann Dunham. His father was originally Kenyan, and he came to the University of Hawaii on a scholarship. There, he met Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas. They got married in February 1961 and Barack Obama Jr. was born in August 1961. Obama Sr. was married in Kenya and had 2 children before moving to the United States.

Obama Sr. was a Christian who converted to Islam. He then declared himself as atheist.

When Obama Sr. got a scholarship to Harvard in 1963, he decided to go alone and separated with Dunham. They got divorced later. Obama Sr. returned to Kenya a few years later. He remarried for a third time, although, he technically never divorced his first wife. Obama Sr. fathered a total of 8 children with 3 different wives. He died in a car accident in 1982.

Ann Dunham met Lolo Soetoro a few years later and they got married in 1967. She and her son Barack then moved to Indonesia for a few years. There, his step sister, Maya Kassandra was born in 1970. She now lives in Hawaii. She is a school teacher there.

Obama moved back to Hawaii in 1970 to go back to school. He lived there with his grandmother Madelyn Lee Payne Dunham. She still lives in Hawaii and is a practicing Buddhist.

Ann Dunham moved back to Hawaii in 1972. She lived there till 1995, when she died of Cancer.

ganpat, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    But it sounds better to say African American. I'm completely perplexed by this obvious use of this PC term to manipulate reality.

When my grandparents came here from Italy, they never dreamed of calling themselves "Italian American's" nor did their kids. They are, were and will always be, Americans of Italian decent.

If Obama really wants to resort to using labels he should be really PC and call himself the first "Halfrican American" presidential candidate. Or more accurately, (in terms of PC) the first "Bi-racial Candidate for President of the US."

The reality here is Obama is using the term to help boost his hopes of becoming president. Right or wrong, its inaccurate. Its one thing to be proud of your ethnic heritage. Its another to abuse that heritage while completely excluded the rest of your background.

If I were black, I'd find Obama's claims and the medias bs headlines declaring Obama "African American" completely disingenuous.

When Arnold Schwarzenegger ran for governor of California I never heard him or the media call him "The First Austrian American" anything! In reality, he really is an "Austrian American" not just of decent, but an Austrian that immigrated to the US and became an American citizen.

Obama had a white momma and was born in Hawaii.

If Paula Abdul where running as his VP, would she be the first "Syrian American Female Vice Presidential Candidate"?

What if "The Rock" were running as VP. Would he be called the first "African American Vice Presidential Candidate"?

Both of these people are half white. But by skin colour most don't even know that. I wonder, if Obama looked white would anyone have even used the African American title?

I don't particularly like labels. To me the use of them is counter productive to all we've accomplished in the US in such a short time with regard to race. Labels segregate by moving people back into individual groups, rather than accepting all backgrounds as one greater group of people.

Separatism like segregation is a step backwards IMO. Using labels now, is no different than the time in our history when there were separate bathrooms, restaurants and laundry mats.

If Obama wants to use a label, he's the first Hawaiian born presidential candidate. Outside of that, using African American is inaccurate and if anything a flat out lie.

Mia, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    v.

.....∞

Confused much?

northpointaiki, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  15. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The High Court in South Africa has ruled that Chinese South Africans are to be reclassified as black people.

The Chinese Association of South Africa said their members often failed to qualify for business contracts and job promotions because they were regarded as whites

Chinese were declared "coloured" under apartheid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7461099.stm

bogart, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  16. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like someone has a harsh case of.......Obamaphobia

webwork, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  17. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    The rest of the country should catch it.

Obama’s Communist Mentor

No pledge to the US?
    [​IMG]

How can he take the oath when he will not even take the pledge.

homebizseo, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  18. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    WHAT!?!

No flag pin lapel?!

No salute to the flag?!

DEAR GOD!

THIS MAN IS A COMMUNIST/TERRORIST OBAMAINATION!!

p.s. (and he's black.. but we won't admit this is the biggest reason we don't like him)

webwork, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  19. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wasn't the guy standing next to Obama the first Mexican-American running for President? Bill Richardson, the first Mexican-American Governor.

[​IMG]

bogart, Jun 29, 2008 IP
  20. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe it is.

Why is Obama ashamed of the US Flag? Oathe of Office?
    [​IMG]

homebizseo, Jun 29, 2008 IP