1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phplynx is an authority site now

Discussion in 'Directories' started by MeetHere, Feb 29, 2008.

1. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congratz and keep up the good work!

M.

msolution, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  2. fear

fear Banned

Best Answers:
    Another great news. Congrats

fear, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  3. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jamie

Mate - you owe me an apology.:p

While I don't want to take anything away from Hitesh as he is the one who first announced it --

You could have had your glory on 28th Feb - instead of 29th if you read my post properly HERE

Instead, you thought I was dragging phpLYNX into a controversy.

Now, if you read my post, you will know why phpLYNX got Authority Score even without promoting. :cool:

My heartiest congratulations.:cool:

jhnrang, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  4. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Yep I worked that one out when you posted jh, I couldn't see any results though due to DC issues. Thanks for the nod and of course my apologies if you thought I was thinking you were posting bad, I didn't, I just couldn't understand what phpLynx had to do with that thread.

All's good though and isn't it great that without any promotion or backlink chasing we got this indexing from google. Just imagine what might happen when we do go for a concerted marketing push along with opening the code. Happy days. :D

JamieG, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  5. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Jamie

The kind of site PhpLYNX is - it does not require promotion to either earn PR or Authority status - because they will come automatically.

When people use a particular script/software -they have to refer/retain linkback to the homepage of the script/software. So everything is automatic.

I know many people bu****it the theory of sites becoming authority when they earn the sitelinks. But they say this out of lack of knowledge.

It depends on many other factors like- age of site/age & quality of IBLs - and finally the dominance of a site/% of inbound link from the same niche.

Please refer to a study done on Authority Score & Hub Score by Stanford University ( I have long been doing some kind of research on this theory).:cool:

To illustrate the theory more-- I have drawn a graphics ( I am very bad with graphics:eek:). Hope people, who doubted me would not doubt Stanford University Paper/Theory.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

jhnrang, Mar 3, 2008 IP
    JamieG likes this.
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You know you have lost the plot in business when your world revolves around terms, statistics, and the sitelinks is yet another gimmick that no ordinary person will understand or even of heard of.

This only matters to webmasters and while your distracted with this your yet again neglecting what matters.

Wait until google rapes your ranks away from you again for promoting on the strength of sitelinks. :)

déjà vu

Ya'll being manipulated more than you understand.

pipes, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  7. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    What is your problem pipes? jhrang is at least tryng to show people an educated explanation of how site links can be achieved through white hat methods as opposed to the black hat method of link selling etc.

It wasn't long ago that everyone was shouting from the rooftops that 'Authority status' meant just that, yet now phpLynx etc get it people like you come along trying to discrdit it.

For the record phpLynx certainly doesn't sell sitewide links, doesn't promote on the strenght of sitelinks, (quite the contrary) read my posts on this, I actually think it's nothing but a gimmick that looks good on a search result, nohing more. I'd therefore appreciate you not tarring phpLynx with the same brush as others who might well do that thankyou.

I'm not sure you actually see this but posting as you did comes across as if your one of the green eyed monsters? Are you jealous, because you needn't be.

@Jhrang; - I applaud you for your work, (drawing is fine). At least it shows that some people on here have taken the time to look into the cause and effect of the next Google 'event', you've even backed this up with supportive evidence which is a good move.

You'll always get the green eyed monster trying to discredit you but that's to be expected by some people, it's called life. :rolleyes:

JamieG, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  8. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Red_Virus, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  9. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    I still can't see the site links.

Agent_Dweeb, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  10. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    JamieG, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  11. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that works when I look at that link.

Thanks.

Agent_Dweeb, Mar 3, 2008 IP
  12. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Always happy to oblige. :)

JamieG, Mar 3, 2008 IP