1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense becoming ineffective in the future?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 8, 2008.

I was just wondering something......and, I hope I can word this correctly so all you know what i'm talking about....lol.....but, does anyone forsee a time when Google Adsense will become ineffective?.....I know that it seems like people are slowly becoming immune to clicking Google Ads.....they see them, and scroll right past them, on a page, like they weren't even there. Now, I'm sure the response was much greater in the early days....when Google Adsense was a fairly new concept.....but, it seems like many people are coming to understand the fact that when they click on an ad, the generate revenue for someone else.....so, no matter how appealing the add is....no matter how appealing the description or title, they may still refuse to click it....because, hey, who wants to see someone else make money if you can't? lol.....did that make sense?

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that makes perfect sense and I am experiencing it myself - I click on ads very very rare, but there are a lot of people on the internet that are not webmasters. :)

ColorWP.com, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    check out this post here where i had the same question myself.

sultanofseo, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, sultanofseo!:D

5. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    AdSense (+ other revenue) will become ineffective when there are longer are people to click them (we all die).

You know we're talking about a world population of ~7BILLION + right?

Fka200, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense will last for many years.
    It would be nice if they had a good competitor though.

Jarodboy, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  7. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    Here was one response in that thread....

"Google has found ways to move the industry, I strongly suspect AdWords/AdSense will change and reinvent itself with the market and stay relevant for a long time to come..."

.......one has to hope that Google constantly changes and adapts and evolves.....because, i could forseeably see, even the MAJOR earners....slowly, yet surely, consistently making less with time.....that will cause people to ditch adsense altogether....

8. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    I never used it....but, wasn't Yahoo publisher network a good competitor to them?

9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget that most of users are noob and most of population of the globe don't know use internet

And anyway sometjing bether will pop up it's called Evolution :)

w3bmaster, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  10. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    Theoretically, even if it's years into the future.....there will be a time where a majority of world's population uses computers, and will eventually become immune to clicking ads......paves the way for newer, more innovative, alternatives....

11. Dolin

Dolin Banned

Best Answers:
    The only way adsense can become ineffective is when there are other big players entering the field such as Microsoft. Adsense is facing very lame competition now. Compare Adbrite or Contera to Adsense and you get the drill. I still click ads on other websites when I see the ad show a website which I think might be what I'm looking for. Considering I know it generates money to the webmaster, I think there are more chances for people who don't know adsense to click on them.

Dolin, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  12. Ace0

Ace0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense's inefficience rate from my point of view rises with the traffic.
    I mean that monster sites with huge traffic are getting lesser Adsense efficiency as the smaller ones.
    In my point of view Adsense is great for sites within max 5k visitors a day mark... after that you could think at direct advertising or affiliate marketing!

Ace0, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  13. ste1975

ste1975 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never had any real good money from adsense; it took me 8 months to get my first $100.00 I got that on the Friday

I will have to wait a least 6 months before I see that again lol

ste1975, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  14. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    Users tend to click on ads, but not with big trust because advertisements on AdSense often contain a link to a product which must be bought or required payment, which is not very useful. People look for information and they look for it for FREE. Thats why search engines such as Google are so popular. But on the topic, I don't think AdSense will become ineffective in the close future. Until it does become, there will be other bigger money making methods already.

15. ruffnat

ruffnat Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the big thing we will see first will be that advertisers will be less willing to spend money on adwords so that there will be less money going into the adsense pools, and more websites trying to make money.... so less money going in and more hands out trying to get a piece of it means that more and more people will be lucky to make 2 cents a day

ruffnat, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  16. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    What has all your experiences been like with Google Adwords? I found it very inneffective.....I had started a campaign awhile ago, with very few results....believe it or not, using MySpace and Facebook, for my site's given Niche, worked tremendously....as far as a visitors who became participating members in my forum...

17. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    As long as there are big companies willing to spend good money to advertise their business in AdWords, it won't go down, but if as you say advertisers start to spend less money on adwords, the competition will be lower and those big companies will pay way less per click and website owners will earn less too, so your point is somewhat correct.

18. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    It all depends on targeting and choosing the right keywords. AdWords requires a lot of work to master. :)

19. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Never. They click the ads because they have read them. And if the ads placement is right and it's well blended, every visitor will stop and read the ads.

brandnewx, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  20. neetu0253

neetu0253 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do'nt think so, because new visitors will come on future so they do'nt have PPC knowledge complete

neetu0253, Jan 8, 2008 IP