1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

All of the PR Tools are Down - No way to verify PageRank Anylonger?

Discussion in 'Google' started by DonMecca, Nov 12, 2007.

Hi,

I don't think I'm the only one whos noticed that all the PR checking tools now return N/A or OFF as the results from the datacentres. Example is digpagerank and iwebtool. Anyone know of a working tool?

This brings a real problem because websites that have FAKE PR (ie 302 redirects to High PR domains) will have no way to check if its real or not.

Anyone have any suggestions to solve this? I hope Google gets their act together!

DonMecca, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I did see some page rank stats for sites that have been around for a long timne today on iwebtools. I think most sites pr is still being updated or listed in google. The search results are bad so i can not believe google is done yet. I see some sites that are listed in search results that have been gone for over a year.

rcj662, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  3. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Stop wasting your time with pagerank, it is just a number, worry about link and content building, thats what counts for SERPs.

astup1didiot, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  4. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you really know SEO if your talking like that. PR is definitely still a factor in SERP results, and is even more relevant since the snapshot that is appearing is from a recent update. Its a tool you use to judge the worth of a backlink from a domain. So please don't take this thread off topic to discuss the worth of PR.

Anyways it appears that the tools work for some domains and not others. Possibly due to the updates still not having been fully completed.

5. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Peon

Best Answers:
    So true If you optimize your keyword density and create strong content.

BlueBlood, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  6. IProx

IProx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    www.itoolz.info seems to be working for me, I tried some pages today with it.

IProx, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  7. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    I don't know SEO? Your kidding right? Your not even 1/100th near ranking the competitive keywords I am. Second off, backlinks and content are the major contributers to SERPs, your pagerank is determined mostly by backlinks, so in theory, pagerank is useless when it comes to SERPs since its the backlinks that provide PR.

You don't use PR to judge your backlink, a backlink could have the best relevant content but less back links. You should review the Google Webmaster Qaulity guidelines again.

Also, many lower PR sites rank higher in SERPs than higher PR sites. You should get your facts straight.

mightyb likes this.
  8. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    It's all about quality backlinks, they produce PR and SERPs, not the other way around. You just are witnessing another text link seller with the wrong view of PR meaning.

9. XuryaX

XuryaX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i tried prchecker.info and isnt working for me. checking itoolz.info
    in prchecker.info , for some sites i can see the pageranks but google itself doesnt have any pagerank according to it.

XuryaX, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  10. nifrou

nifrou Active Member

Best Answers:
    No not all are down !!
    And it still exist tools to check validity at the same time.
    you fogot mine wich doing that at the same time.
    (do you want also google backlink by dc ? :p:p )
    Here it was :
    [​IMG]

nifrou, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  11. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google toolbar is also not showing any PR values :eek: :(

MeetHere, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  12. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    See if you have a single approach mindset your definitely not going to get any significant rankings in competitive search terms. Those are all factors you neeed/should consider when implementing an SEO strategy. You can just ignore all the factors and focus on maybe building strong content (link baiting) or having high on page optimization sure. But if your trying to rank for keywords that actually get a decent amount of traffic and not have to spend over a year waiting around crossing your fingers people will link to your content you will need to approach the game a bit more wholistically.

Remember, PR, keyword density, keyword positioning, header tags, title tags, content..etc..etc.. allll are factors in this increasingly more competitive and more advance search engines.

13. DooBDee

DooBDee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eh? Working here. Where abouts do you live? Im in UK.

DooBDee, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  14. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    Pagerank is the result of backlinks, thats it. Your backlinks decided your PR, not your SERPs. No one uses keyword density or keyword positioning, that is called keyword stuffing. Your content should naturally display your keywords and be human friendly. Title and Alt tags main use is for text only browsers and screen readers, they play little weight in SERPs. The biggest boost is gain backlinks with the anchor text of the key\phrase you want to rank for after basic SEO optimization

15. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    Buddy, just because I have a link to a website in my signiture doesn't mean its my main website. Its not one of my premium domains its a brand new project I just begun. On DP there happens to be lot of webmasters with Proxies so I thought it would be worth it. Anyways again from results I've seen the strength and quantity of backlinks is very important.

I don't understand how your trying to argue with me that a PR8 backlink would be worth as much as a PR1 backlink. a PR8 backlink with the right anchor text would have a more SiGNIFICANT effect on your SERP results ofcourse combined with proper on page optimization then a PR1 would.

No one is discounting the value of good content. But please don't argue that its the be all and end all of the game.

16. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    Again, you comparing apples and oranges. A pr8 would have more quality backlinks and therefore rank better in SERPs than a pr1, its not the pagerank, its the backlinks which produce your pagerank.

17. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, you keep going like this I don't know what to say. Its like your telling me I should not analyse my pages or do anything proactive to achieve higher rankings. That I should make pages just to make web pages and not have any goals for them since it all should come naturally.

Again that is all fine and dandy if your not serious about getting traffic to your website. Or if you operate in a niche with no real competitiveness for your main terms. But in the world I live in your going to have to take destiny into your own hands and do optimization and analysis of what works to get keyword rankings. Natural "luck" doesn't cut it.

P.S. Keyword stuffing and keyword density optimization are two different things. With density optimization your taking a look at your competition and seeing what the proper level of keyword density should sit at.

and keyword density well come read all about it:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:keyword+stuffing&btnG=Google+Search

"Keyword stuffing is the needless repetition of a keyword or keyword phrase in order to get higher ranking on search engines."

18. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    Ya, your right, my #3 SERPs for Funny Pictures is totally not competitive, in fact, it only has 250,000 monthly searches, maybe I should find a new job since I'm so bad and wrong at this SEO thing. Maybe my $20+ adsense, $35+ valueclick media, $32 realtechnetwork earnings are just a waste of my time.

Your just like my employee's under me in the self storage industry, what you assume you think is right is different from the proven facts. Do you notice how most major webmasters aren't concerned with their PR, hell I don't even check my PR I just notice updates from all the new webmasters and their threads.

It's the same think, if you purposely use more keywords than naturally needed in the content its called keyword stuffing, why don't you read some of those definitions.

Maybe you should view a fellow DP thread...

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=546310

19. DonMecca

DonMecca Peon

Best Answers:
    My adsense earning for only ONE of my websites is more then either your adsense and valueclick or adsense and real technetwork earnings combined. So lets not get into the numbers game.

By the way realtechnetwork is full of adware and spyware installs I think for your visitors sake you should consider another ad network.

Oh man again no one is trying to convince you that PageRank is EVERYTHING. What I'm trying to say to you is that it is still SIGNIFICANT. Just because you feel you shouldn't be concerned about a link building campaigns doesn't make it irrelevant.

But again this thread wasn't started to debate the merits of PageRank. Please reread the original post and if you have something to contribute to that please do. Otherwise stop throwing the thread off topic.

20. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    I'm sure its more then all my ad networks together, like everyone in this type of arguement would claim, but yet you advertise a proxy site (lol). Real Tech Network does not have spyware or adware, whoever told you this is nuts, its more respected filler than CPX interactive. You can claim my thread is off topic, but it is not. I'm simple telling you who CARES if they work since PR is not the contributing factor of SERPs its the RESULT of seo.

Notice how not one person has backed up your claim? Remember, if you can't debate, take critisim or negative replies maybe you should avoid these types of threads and forums all together. You started the attack on me orignially anyways, you claimed I don't know anything about SEO, when in fact I've proven to you how well I rank for a highly searched and competitive key phrase, thats not even including the other phrases, just an example. Learn to respect peoples opinions.