1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does PR really do for you?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by topnotchcomedy, Nov 7, 2007.

I've heard a lot about Pagerank but what I'm wondering is, what does it do for you?

Does higher pagerank help you in SERPS or does it just give google a sense of how important your site is so you Adsense clicks are worth more?

Thanks in advance

topnotchcomedy, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  2. Jason Green

Jason Green Peon

Best Answers:
    the only thing it does is allow me to put a higher price on the links I sell when the PR is higher.

But seriously that is it.

Jason Green, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  3. brady_44

brady_44 Guest

Best Answers:
    PR is pretty much worthless. The only thing that matters is where you are in the search results.

brady_44, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  4. SirSEO

SirSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm no PR expert but PR basically is a word for 'google backlink checker'...

The thing is you can gain high PR by having many backlinks even though they don't have anything to do with the content of your site. So if you have a auto site and most of your backlinks are from animal website you'll gain PR but you won't gain a good SE position.

So what PR can do for you is this...
    If your looking to get a better google ranking you want to get backlinks from sites that have high PR, make sure the site has related backlinks and is related to your site.

So PR basically only helps you find sites that have many backlinks. If you make sure a site has good PR because of related links then you should buy links if your looking for that kind of service.

PR will not help you get better google ranking... If your searching for that you need to partner up with related sites and always have UNIQUE content on your site.

Again I'm not a PR expert but this is what most people are saying about PR.

Best regards,

SirSEO, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  5. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR shows how many links you get. It's one component of SERP, but it doesn't garantee a high ranking. It does garantee that you can sell links on your site. That's what it's good for.

airraid81, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  6. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is a bragging right for those that care...it also helps you sell links, which looks like goog is taking care of that now...haha...sucks to be all them....I only care about traffic....
    Its the same with Alexa, no point unless you wanna brag...but those can be fudged and its not accurate cause if you own a site geared to non webmasters it wont be as high due to most people dont upload the bar unless they are in the biz....

superrichguy, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  7. breakfast

breakfast Peon

Best Answers:
    I was on PR4 and position #8, my enemy was on PR5 and position #1. Later I got PR5 and still stayed on position #8 for my keyword. After the recent update I got PR6 - he went down to PR4 and he is still first - I am few steps behind :(

But now I can ask more money for links :)

breakfast, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  8. zorah

zorah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is what web directories sell

zorah, Nov 8, 2007 IP