1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Oct 22, 2007.

?

Which would you Prefer in the DP Directory Category

1. That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS

69.9%
  2. That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

30.1%
  1. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Its a free society and there is no law anywhere that says that you cannot market and promote and can assure you there is never any desperation when you do marketing

Look the reality is that the market continues to develop and part of that development is marketing:cool:

britishguy, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sig links are for traffic and brand promotion. Google doesnt pay attention to forum links, they are low quality. I have sig space available, if people want it they have the opportunity.

mikey1090, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  3. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just love it when people do not take the time to read and or understand before flinging mud.

DownUnder, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  4. glengara

glengara Guest

Best Answers:
    "Google doesnt pay attention to forum links, they are low quality."

I think you and others have found that G does pay attention to sig links, though perhaps not in the way you might have hoped :)

glengara, Oct 26, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  5. britishguy

Best Answers:
    We seem here at DP to be like a magnet that attracts folks who want to come here just for disruption

This thread is about

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

If you want to bash G and other Members do it in another Forum

Please

Thank You !

6. glengara

glengara Guest

Best Answers:
    "DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !"

More than likely trying to figure out the cause of the penalty, which may or may not be linked to over-promotion on DP, so two possible reasons for them staying away :)

glengara, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  7. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO; ... or install phpbb and play with it!... its free! :D

msolution, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    popotalk, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Mikey, Glengara is correct. That's what I have tried to tell you more than once, here and on another forum. For some reason, you don't get it or you refuse to get it. You cannot pick just one thing to fix and hope that Google is going to forgive you when you are still operating as if the penalties never happened. Did you really think that making one page on one of your directories no-follow would allow you to continue doing business as usual? It was business as usual that got you and other directory owners punished.

minstrel, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  10. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I dont see how selling a sig link like so many people on this forum do is a problem. The people i sold my sigs to wanted it for the traffic, not the backlinks.

As for zorg links, the nofollow is one of many changes that is happening. I cant just click my fingers and expect it all to be well, it takes time. There are many more things changing. I have been dropping any paid links that i had, although i only had a few compared with some of the sites that were penalised. I also have several plans to add some good content, but like i said it takes time, and money aswell which i dont have much of. Perhaps thats why i am apparently desperately trying to make money from sig links. Who knows..

11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Fair enough. And there's no law that says Google can't punish HOW you market.

Subscribe to Google alerts and you'll see that Google does recognize forum sig links as backlinks. Why do you think people buy them? And why do you think some forum owners no-follow them?

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: No matter how many times you say that, Mikey, the fact is you are in the business of selling links and that is one of the things flagging you for penalties.

Look, you or anyone else can do whatever the hell you want. The point is that Google can and will take whatever steps they think are appropriate to counter or punish some of the things you're doing. If that doesn't worry you, knock yourself out. But you have been given a LOT of advice in various forum threads as to why you were slammed and you seem determined to ignore most of it. That too is fine. But don't ignore advice which just might get you out of the hole you dug for yourself and then complain about how unfair Google is or whine about being attacked when other people reply to your posts with additional advice which you also ignore.

12. mikey1090

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So you think if google sees me selling sig links, he presumes im a bad man, goes out of his way to find out what sites i own and punish them?

Sig links do count as a backlink, i agree. But if i want a backlink i build it in a differnet way rather than a forum sig. I personally used to buy sig links for the "buzz" and not the backlinks, but i speak for myself. Like you say, others obviously do it for the backlinks so i shouldnt make statements based entirely on my own opinion...

13. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    I would love you knock me out with your advice, what have you got to serve up ?

14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Not exactly. I'm saying your signature and your response to glengara's comment about it is a reflection of your inability or unwillingness to listen to what Google, glengara, I, and others are telling you. Selling links for PageRank, buying PageRank, interlinking sites, running bidding directories, etc., is what got you and others into trouble. The only way to get out of that hole is to stop being so defensive and pay attention to the messages and advice you've been given.

As an analogy, when Google penalizes a site by banishing it from the index, the only way to get back in is to correct ALL of the things you've done with that site that violate Google's guidelines and only then reapply for reinclusion by identifying to Google all the steps you've taken to correct the previous errors. If you have hidden text, spider redirection, and other errors, you can't just remove the hidden text and expect to get back in.

15. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok, i have a Q,! [ a mind twister of sorts :D ]

to get a better understanding of the perspective

i am a member i sell my sigi to someone ... abc.com!
    it is a "paid link" :eek:

who does google slamdunk:
    1. Me becuase im showing it under my post!
    2. abc.com coz their payiing me for it!
    3. dp forum! its on their site!

M.
    PS: sorry to all i lost my cool earlier in the thread, but the forum needs to act like a forum, and not like it was in the last page.!

msolution, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  16. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    Well lets all hope these are your final words of wisdom, the continual re hashing of bashed up words and attacks on a directory owner / s are getting tiresome.

17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing changes. When you see the threads before or you might know already that groupings exists. Disagreements exist.
    Example 1
    Example 2
    Example 3
    Everybody is different and has own opinion. If everyone is the same you will have how many adams and eves.

popotalk, Oct 26, 2007 IP
    msolution likes this.
  18. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Has NINTENDO posted on this thread yet :D

19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    1. I was replying to a question directed toward me from someone who was not you. You are not compelled to respond.

2. If these are all just rehashed words that you're tired of hearing, why is that you still do not understand the points?

3. Feel free to put me on ignore.

4. Attacks on directory owners? Who is doing the attacking in this thread? :rolleyes:

Hint: It's a matter of public record - anyone can scroll back and identify the source of the personal attacks and insults.

20. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    There are very few sites that after corrected all the things, asked for reinclusion and finaly reincluded by G.
    For the rest there's no action from G.
    And 99,9% of webmsters with minimum experience with G. knows well there's no sense in wasting time for corrections and asking for reinclusion.
    Much more sense all they see in building completely new sites.

dargre, Oct 26, 2007 IP