1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Oct 22, 2007.

?

Which would you Prefer in the DP Directory Category

1. That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS

69.9%
  2. That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

30.1%
  1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Your post speaks for itself. Thanks for confirming what I stated in my previous post. :rolleyes:

minstrel, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  2. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    The problem is that there are too few genuine directory owners on this forum. It attracts the wrong people for all the wrong reasons.

workshop, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  3. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [QUOTE="workshop]The problem is that there are too few genuine directory owners on this forum. It attracts the wrong people for all the wrong reasons.[/QUOTE]

Who are the wrong people posting for the wrong reasons on this forum? I mean...other than you?

EveryQuery, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    jg123 and Abhik like this.
  4. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The first option is so true..
    This section needs some serious moderation. I guess some posting restriction will be good for it.

Abhik, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    balkanboy and EveryQuery like this.
  5. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Need I say more.

workshop, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you to the fullest that this section needs moderation but there is no credible unbiased candidate in this forum that knows about directory other than Matt Cutts who is a member of DP and I guess he's the best to police this section. :D

popotalk, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  7. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This forum just needs a mass evacuation. All these people like minstrel offering their wise words of wisdom have no interest in this forum except to rub salt into the wounds of people who have been affected by Google's changes. Did you see these people before the penalties started, when their wise words could have been effective? No. They are here to gloat - the sooner they go back to where they came from the sooner this forum will become more useful.

syted, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    an0n likes this.
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with your post syted as this section has been totally garbaged by rampant promotion of sites, war of words from either camps, or just by the people who wants a quick buck and the most missed quality posts that even the owner himself has participated before has been gone. It was not a mistake of 1 camp alone. It was a mistake by all. Left and Right. When the penalties have not started what you see in the forums are personal promotions attacks and massive bad practices. And I for one cannot say that the Right Side of the fence is wrong neither is the Left all have made this.
    Example of a Once Good Postings in this Section

9. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bernard, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  10. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    Making quick buck is not a mistake or anyone's fault.
    What G makes if not the same?
    Don't let them make you stupid or one day you won't open your mouth until Matt or someone else from G will say it's allowed.

dargre, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Er.....
    During the Prohibition Era in the US, everyone followed the rules, the gangsters were prosecuted, killed/died or sent to jail while the corrupt part of the law enforcers were dealt properly, and the people who arrested the violators drank simply in bars or in their homes after the Prohibition was lifted and they did not look stupid at all. Its the Law and I suppose it is simple to follow. :)

But your right when G says its ok then we can all have a good time but until then...

12. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, we have all made mistakes, I have made many and want to learn from them and improve my site. But we need a forum where the people are in the same boat and supporting each other through goodwill and mutual benefit. I have already made some changes, and will make more, But the value of a forum like this is that we can learn and help each other, if people aren't interested in doing this why do they keep posting negative comments?

syted, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  13. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i for one really wont mind peope like minstrel around, for the simple reason that he does have good informative cristicm and does speak logic, does make loads of sense, NOT like some others who just shoot when ever their brain farts! and when asked for explaination have the best yada yada to recite!

popoTalk that thread looks alien to me, is that really from DP :p ???
    lets make DP like that, read YMCs post on this thread the first few actually make s loads of sense!

M.

msolution, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose this may never happen unless both sides changes not only side A. Most are accustomed and inclined to be under the skirt of Big Daddy and Big Momma. :p Anyone should work independent and agree if it is right and disagree if it is wrong without the mud slinging by both camps regardless if they are royal highness, james bond or mr.wonderful paul orndorff.

Most are helpful and I for one see it. But some professionals do tend to go in another direction if someone disagrees with the majority. Yes, I have learned a lot here myself and I admit that.
    Lol. I have to ask workshop later when he comes. :D

15. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:

jg123, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  16. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The part you don't seem to understand is that many of the people you disparage were here before all the mutual backscratching and asskissing got too thick to bear. The definition of a "useful forum" to most directory owner5s was one where everyone just praised everyone else's accomplishments and revenue - ignoring the fact that the revenue was frequently based on scamming. Wise words WERE in fact offered back then - words like "stop scamming", "stop selling PR", and on and on but you and many others didn't want to hear it. If some of us are now back "gloating" as you describe it, it's because we were proven right when Google slammed the worst offenders.

See comment above. As for helping you and others, you just don't get it, do you? What you need to hear and learn is contained in those negative comments. Stop doing what you and so many others were doing before Google slammed your asses and you might, just maybe, have a chance to come back. Otherwise, like many other people, frankly I'm glad to see you and your crap directories buried.

minstrel, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    Bernard and msolution like this.
  17. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So people bought links, got a high PR for their directory, and sold links. How does that make them a scammer? People submitted to buy a backlink. They didnt rob their money or delete listings.

yes they may have bought and sold PR, just like bloggers do. Perhaps you can shed some light. Oh, lets keep this relevant to the flat fee directories aswell please.

mikey1090, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  18. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:

19. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea well we will have to see what microsofts stock is worth tomarrow...

they just grabbed "facebook" off google for the advertising and spent like
    140 million or billion not sure as i only caught part of it...

will be very interesting to watch .. :)

PS... Dont do merril lynch stock... the stock is vertually worthless now 8 billion dollar losses

thxc
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Until then. :)