1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Long will you wait on Auction Ads?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by dwhuff, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Over the last week, I've made AA people aware of the reporting problems and they are trying to trace it / verify it / fix it. I know its being worked on. Thats why many of you will see higher numbers today then yesterday. Clearly, adustments are being made. I expect more adjustments will be made as well.

joeychgo, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  2. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    im beginning to think AA is a sham. how can i be getting over 700 clicks and only $1.51 of revenue? if i was getting that amount of clicks with adsense i would be making over $100.

this is making less sense every minute i use AA and i have also emailed them and have yet to get a reply.

benpolska, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you not read what I just posted?

joeychgo, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  4. xd1

xd1 Member

Best Answers:
    Have you guys that are making no money played with keywords and placement. It is far easier making money with this than adsense. + another thing those same 700 people would probably not click adsense ads. I am by far not making a killing and I am probably the least experinced person on the forum, but it's making money for me. I don't think It's a sham they paid me last month exactly when they said they would. On the 1st.

xd1, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  5. denovo

denovo Peon

Best Answers:
    I put the ads back a few days ago. Still, I see only impressions and clicks but no earnings. Before July 10th, I was making money. Same website and same traffic - something more than targetting went bazookas. And, it's still not fixed for 2.5 weeks already.

Interestingly, the last news update on the AA site was July 9th. Then, Shoe announced a no posting on forums policy. Nice, huh? Keeping affiliates in the dark is no way to build loyalty. Let's see if the payouts work next week.

denovo, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  6. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's funny, because I just asked them the same question yesterday, and they said that there was no problem with reporting.

They need to get their act together, because this could soon turn into something worse than just losing their users.

GTAce, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  7. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a missed opportunity for AA. When done well, posting on forums can really boost a company's image and business. Some good examples are the people from MaxBounty who post at DP and other affiliates who post at abestweb. They handle trolls calmly and professionally and give useful information even to newbies without belittling them. Contrast that with AA when they did post and now the non-posting and lack of current info even on their own blog. It is very beneficial to hire professionals to represent your company to the public, and damaging to have arrogant and pugnacious people doing it.

geomark, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  8. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    i read what you posted and that means nothing to me. all that says to me is that im losing money until they get their shit together

benpolska, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  9. DW1

DW1 Peon

Best Answers:
    *starts creating an AuctionAds clone because he knows how to set up and keep up a high-powered dedicated server (+ load balancing, if necessary)* :rolleyes:

DW1, Jul 26, 2007 IP
  10. pmwall

pmwall Peon

Best Answers:
    If that's the case then (all of a sudden, because I WAS making money with my little website) AA is not for me apparently. The $0 just keep coming...

pmwall, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  11. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    get your shit together AA!!!! where is SHOE?

benpolska, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  12. DaMa

DaMa Peon

Best Answers:
    My stats for the last week have been updated slightly. It shows 1,xx dollars/day now, still nothing compared to the weeks before where i had 15 dollar days with the same ammount of clicks. Of course it could be bad days, but since everyone seems to have similar problems... Gah..

DaMa, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  13. Creep

Creep Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why do you still have "Try AuctionAds" in your sig?:D

Don't you already have a cj account? Why not split half and half to see if the results differ?

Creep, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  14. frychiko

frychiko Peon

Best Answers:
    I just checked my whole report history today and noticed a jump in profits! My history now is filled with figures instead of all zeros. This is from about the 4th July onwards where previously they were basically all zero profit.

frychiko, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  15. dwhuff

dwhuff Active Member

Best Answers:
    dwhuff, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  16. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    alright Shoe how much did you get for it?

what do you guys think? 5 million?

benpolska, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  17. pmwall

pmwall Peon

Best Answers:
    Who cares? All I care about is to get it working again. Tried to put the AA ads back on but I got a lot of error messages, my website loading time was horrendous with AA and I still see to many 0's. I'll try later this week again to get it working again. Did try a direct url, let's see what that gives.
    (unfortunately my visitors have dropped at the same time! So it's hard to get a realistic view)

pmwall, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  18. WarBud

WarBud Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you use iframes with the AA ads. AA can kill your site if you just put the code directly on your site.
    AA seems to be working for me again, but I am still not putting most of the ads back. Once Mediawhiz gets AA performing I'll increase the ads. Unfortunately I think we still have a while to wait before AA is reliable.

WarBud, Jul 29, 2007 IP
  19. pmwall

pmwall Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the iframe tip, it was indeed killing my site.

pmwall, Jul 29, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.