1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DigitalPoint Life For Starters - Guide on making money in DP

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DevilHellz, Jun 3, 2007.

Ok, personally I've seen enough threads titled as "how to make money from nothing on DP" or "i got 0$ and need to get to 500$" and so on.
    It is time to stop those types of threads and combine all the guides/tips/tricks and other useful information into one thread, which will be called:

DigitalPoint Life For Starters -
    Guide on making money in DP

*Note that everything here was contributed by members of this forum, so i take no credit for any of the info you find useful, i just make it easier for you DP newbies (as myself) to get started!
    Let's start!

Guide Section
    A very informative guide be Steve Celeste on how to start with 0$ and get to 1000$'s of dollars using DP, can be found here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=342882

Another nice guide made by thetafferboy83 about creating a good video blog can be found here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=301511

You just registered, you have 0$ in your pocket - and you want to make a few bucks to get you started. The where's and how's:

*Create a PayPal account so you could receive aswell as send money payments from and to other people through the internet.
    [Other payment methods popular in DP include e-Gold and MoneyBookers]

Now you have a few choices on how to make your first few bucks over the forums.

Earning From Adsense on DP - As DP is an ad revenue sharing forum, you can easily set up your adsesne account ID and channel ID in your USER CP>EDIT PROFILE.
    (To use this feature in DP, you must register a Google Adsense account)
    Here's a FAQ regarding the revenue share:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=dp_faq#faq_revenue_sharing

Selling Yourself on DP -
    Well, it isn't quite selling yourself, rather selling your avatar space, signature space, location space and 'recent blog' space. If you intend to be an active forum member and post alot, some people might want to purchase your avatar space for a few bucks per month (which means you're gonna have to turn your avatar picture into a small ad), same goes to signature links (maximum of 4 links), aswell with the location (you can put www.something.com in your Location) and finally your 'recent blog' (you can put 'www.blabla.com - Best Offers!' as your post title and it will show the title on DP).
    This alone can net you a small revenue each month.

Posting Services - Go to This section [http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102] in the forum and apply to all of the people that pay per post in their forums (cost usually is 0.1$ to 0.3$ per post). This could net you couple a few XX$ bucks in a day or two if you start posting right ahead.

Article Writing - Offer your services as an article writer, with a low price of lets say 5$ per 400-500 word article (It's a start to give you positive iTraders and letting the community to acknowledge you as a potential writer). A few articles here and there, and you can make yet again XX$ in a week.

Coding and Programming - If you have what it takes to code in different languages, try to look for a quick job in This area [http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103] of the forum, which by completion could net you XX$ if not XXX$.

Web Design & Photoshop - Have experience in the design area ? Go Here[http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104] to find a few jobs and earn a few bucks.

Building & Selling Websites -
    If you know how to build websites, you can easily earn by selling your services to other people.

Social Bookmarking Services - Offer social bookmarking services for a couple of bucks per link, and you could earn a few easily that way (You will have to put links in 25 or more social bookmarking websites, so it could take some time).

All of the above (not the complete list) is enough to get your butt started in DP with atleast XX$ bucks in your hand, and remember - you started with zero.

What can i do with the money i earned on DP ?

You can do some of the following:

-Register good domain names, and sell them for a higher price on DP

-Buy cheap eBooks and other products such as programs and scripts with RESELL rights, and sell them for a higher price on DP (make special offers for DP members).

-Buy a few cheap domains (.info) and get some basic cheap webhosting. Later, create a few MFA's (Made for Adsense websites) and put them on the web (Don't forget to get them indexed).

-Create a directory website, and start working on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) so you could get a high PR (Page Rank) for this website. After you succeeded, sell premium links here on DP for a few bucks each.

----

Take note, that all of this is time consuming, that is because you have no starting capital - you have to get through the hard way to get your cash.
    IF you have some money to spend, you can skip some of the ways mentioned here and get right into buying-selling.

Good luck everyone!

DevilHellz, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    newrhodes, MeetHere, MaryMary and 2 others like this.
  2. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    woul be more useful if you had waited until you had live links privileges.

devin, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  3. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, that kinda sucked - since only AFTER i finished, i had to edit it.
    No matter though, when i get the privileges, i'll edit this one to be more user friendly.

4. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed the best guide..
    Worth Sticky.. :)

Some more ways :
    DP is an adsense revenue forum - Put your adsense ID in your options page.
    Another way is to Sell signature, Avatar, Recent blogfeed etc.
    Sell Adwords, YPN vouchers..
    You can sell electronic goods.

MeetHere, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    DevilHellz likes this.
  5. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    unfortunately you can't edit it anymore after 8 hours. :( maybe use the report button and ask mods to parse those links for you?

devin, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    DevilHellz likes this.
  6. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    Ahhh, is that so ? That isn't very good. Gotta stick some more info there as much as possible if i can't edit the post after 8 hours.
    Thanks for the info mate.

EDIT:
    Great tips MeetHere, will add these!
    Thanks.

+Rep added for both of you!

7. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here ya go live links.

EDIT: Cool it worked! Seems like you've learned a lot since you've been here!

MaryMary, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    DevilHellz likes this.
  8. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mary, i've also edited the original post with some more info.

9. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL :D

Even though it seems you are a newbie - You know everything about what all happens on DP..

MeetHere, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  10. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    You can imagine how much lurkers can learn from spending a lot of time at DP without posting :p ah... this selling your soul off on DP.. should be kept to the minimum ;) or should not be the sole purpose of joining. It's a privilege..:)

8everything, Jun 3, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  11. steveceleste

steveceleste Peon

Best Answers:
    Devils,

Appreciate the shout out there, thanks..

steveceleste, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  12. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    And don't get confused, i AM a newbie. I've been a member here for less than a week.
    I have never heard about this forum before i joined in.

People need to understand that in big and developed forums such as this there is always the friendly SEARCH feature, which can save you ALOT of time and trouble, aswell as creating the same threads all over.
    All the information on how to score a few bucks is here and is waiting for you to read it - you just have to open your eyes abit and research.

Reading and learning!:cool:

13. awiekupo

awiekupo Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips.. I just a bit confuse on this part... 'Earning From Adsense on DP'

Earning only take place if we are the topic starter right? We dont earn any if we are just replying to the topic..

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

awiekupo, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  14. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes you are right you only earn for strating topic and not for replying

kodut, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  15. awiekupo

awiekupo Peon

Best Answers:
    I see. thanks for clarifying that.
    If got more tips please do share with us yup ;)

Cheers!

awiekupo, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  16. Jscott

Jscott Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent guide, this is exactly what I have been looking for, thank you. However, may I make a suggestion? I see that you explained a few of the terms, like MFA and SEO, but a few that I wasn't quite clear on, and I can imagine would present other complete newbies some trouble, are getting sites "indexed", social bookmarking, and the bit about resell rights on programs and eBooks. While what you mean by the latter is easily understood, it's a bit ambiguous on how to actually go about doing this.

Jscott, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  17. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "natural" ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Usually, the earlier a site is presented in the search results, or the higher it "ranks," the more searchers will visit that site. SEO can also target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.

As a marketing strategy for increasing a site's relevancy, SEO considers how search algorithms work and what people search for. SEO efforts may involve a site's coding, presentation, and structure, as well as fixing problems that could prevent search engine indexing programs from fully spidering a site. Other, more noticeable efforts may include adding unique content to a site, and making sure that the content is easily indexed by search engines and also appeals to human visitors.

MFA's (Made For Adsense) is a derogatory term used to refer to websites that have no redeeming value except to get web visitors to the website for the sole purpose of clicking on advertisements.

About Resell Rights - It's very simple. You buy a product, whether it be a program or an eBook, with RESELL rights - meaning you have the right to sell it to other people after you bought the product. As simple as that.

DevilHellz, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  18. EverestTech

EverestTech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanx a lot, wonderful resources

EverestTech, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  19. DevilHellz

Best Answers:
    You're welcome :)

DevilHellz, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  20. jessicalynn

jessicalynn Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent guide. Lots of useful tips for anyone to implement.

jessicalynn, Jul 2, 2007 IP