1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

i have $50,000.. what should i do?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by shah2k, Jan 16, 2007.

i have $50,000 and want to either put that down on purchasing a business and finance the rest or want to start my own business..

if needed i can get access to another $100,000 in cash within 2 months.

i have no clue what i should do.. any suggestions or tips?

thanks

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  2. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    A partner and I are in the planning and development stages of a unique web 2.0 app and will be looking for low / mid $XX,XXX as an investment shortly. PM me if you're interested.

drig, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  3. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you looked for any existing brick and mortar businesses around your area? An investment in this area might give you added return which you could reinvest in other areas.

-Steve

exponent, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  4. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    do you have a business plan available? if you do you can pm me ill look into that.

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  5. bccruzer

bccruzer Peon

Best Answers:
    bccruzer, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  6. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    hey thanks for responding.

i looked into couple of retail stores and what not but the problems with a physical business is that you are kind of limited to the space you have and local area you know what i mean?

i would like to buy a restaurant but the only problem is i will not serve/sell alcohol and i think thats very bad for business but my religious/moral duties come first.

i really want a software business or distribution company.

i am looking into this software company for sale ($250,000) and their net income last year was about ($110,000)

blahh i am confused. last time i invested that much in a business i lost most of it :(

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  7. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Be smart with your money.
    I wouldn't suggest investing all of it into a high-risk situation, or you'll probably lose all your money. Be careful too, as there are a lot of scammers waiting for that kind of paycheck in their hands...

I would suggest buying an established website, or a chain of them that have revenue, and look like they're automatic and still growing. This way, you can buy them cheap, and see revenue increase, and do nothing if they're automatic. ;)

EGS, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  8. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    that site does not work

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  9. bccruzer

bccruzer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Shah, are you a Muslim by any chance?

10. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:

no i am not really looking into the web business unless they have some sort of offline business attached to it you know what i mean?

yes i am
    and no i am not going to blow myself up/kill all the jews here/gang rape your women/etc... yada yada

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  11. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can always invest $12,000-$15,000 into a White Castle...White Castle is amazing.

Then you should just invest the rest into other things...a short amount in a stock wouldn't hurt you if you're smart. Try AmeriTrade.com. Maybe you can even find a financer who will put your money into a mutual fund and over time you'll get even more money?

Depends what you want to do, really. That's such a large investment amount to be fooling around with. :eek:

EGS, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  12. bccruzer

bccruzer Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. I am Muslim too. Salam.
    About the site, it is not completely finished yet. You can see completed portions at advertiser.freedomofads.com and publisher.freedomofads.com

13. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:

that might be the franchise fee but this is nyc and rental and all that stuffs way too high for me to be messing around with but i did not know that the franchise fee was that low.

yeah i already have money in stocks and thats how i made some of this money ;) but problem with me is that i need something thats not as risky
    since my expenses went up tremendously and i need some sort of cashflow quickly

Walaikum as-Salam

umm no your website does not work at all.. maybe its my browser? but it says problem loading page

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  14. bccruzer

bccruzer Peon

Best Answers:
    perhaps. My MSN is
    Leave me your email and I'll send you the business plan

15. shah2k

shah2k Peon

Best Answers:
    okay i pmed you anyways i have to go out for a bit but will come back and check the thread

shah2k, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  16. onlymotorola

onlymotorola Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have money buy real estate.

onlymotorola, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's a good safe investment - and EGS may have been joking about the fast food but he does have a point. In western countries you might lose money on a good restaurant, but never on junk food.

sarahk, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  18. blade_922

blade_922 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Salam brothers, hows it going?

I'd advise you not to invest it all in one business. Also, invest it in a sort of business you will enjoy as well as make money. If you invest it in something you enjoy doing and will make money from, you will probably work at it harder and make more money.

You have $50,000 to spend as you said. Why not set up an e-commerce website and sell software over the internet? Find a supplier and begin selling online.

real-estate is also a VERY good investment. 25 years ago my dad came to the UK with pretty much the clothes on his back and a place to stay with his dad with $0.00. My grandad had been here for a while and got a loan and they rented out a shop and began his own newsagents store. He invested all his profits in real estate and bought loads of appartments and houses. He has currently 12 different properties all rented out. Rent from one property around $1,200 a month, all 12 thats $14,400 a month. He also runs his own retail business that still makes around $200,000-$250,000 profit yearly. The properties are worth around $400,000 each. Property is expensive in the UK.

So why not buy an appartment and rent it out. That way you will always have your original investment + profit from rent.

Its a much less risk than investing money you MIGHT lose.

:)

blade_922, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  19. DUTCH101

DUTCH101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you just look into a clothing business

DUTCH101, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  20. tkilgore

tkilgore Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would start by going HERE ..

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=221307