1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you use chatbots for your Ecommerce?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Avandegraund, Aug 27, 2021.

Hi! I work at a chatbot development company – no worries, I won't spam you with selling stuff. We want to work more with e-commerce brands, so I got 2 general questions to better understand the market.

What channels do you use to learn about your industry news?
    Do you use LinkedIn? If not, then which social media for professional gain?

Thanks a lot!

Avandegraund, Aug 27, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My experience with chatboxes is that they are USELESS. Typically they are staffed with idiots that cannot answer even the SIMPLEST questions.

Don't care about industry news, so don't follow it.

Don't use linkedin cuz it is just another bloated egotistical forum to promote spam.

Social media is useless.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    mmerlinn, Aug 28, 2021 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Funny. I posted a similar reply, then deleted it. Didn't want to ruin the lady's first DP post. But, yeah, I agree with what @mmerlinn said about chatbots. @Avandegraund do you work on developing them or the promotional side of things?

qwikad.com, Aug 28, 2021 IP
  4. Avandegraund

Avandegraund Peon

Best Answers:
    From both sides. And I disagree that chatbot are useless. Won't tell you about successful project my company's doing, but just such examples like Alexa, Woebot are a great example of what chatbots can do.

Avandegraund, Aug 29, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I actually like them when you know that you're just not looking in the right place on a complicated site and the bot will be able to help you. What's really annoying is when there isn't "sentiment testing" or an easy way to get to a real human. Bots should be able to know that if I type "I'm so angry! get me a human!" to transfer that person away from the chatbot to a human or to suspend the chat until a human can get to it.

A recent example: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-and-bradstreet-to-get-a-duns-number.2872133/
    The bot didn't allow free text and the humans hadn't thought of all the weird problems their users have - and there was no way to get to a human. I'm sure it helps some people, and the CEO feels smug that there's a "bot" reducing his (most likely) call centre costs but I found it infuriating.

sarahk, Aug 30, 2021 IP
  6. itsthelizards

itsthelizards Member

Best Answers:
    chatbots are good if you're able to answer them 24/7, and answer them fast. Don't put people in queus or awaitng response for more than 15seconds. If you can't man them, they are a hinderance as it just means customer has tried to ask you a question and didn't get the question answered and probably left to go to a different website.

From my own attitude as a shopper. If I want to find an answer from them, like shipping costs, delivery times, shipping location, discount codes etc. If there is no chat popup I will look for the answer myself in the description, FAQ page etc. If there is a chat pop up I will just ask the person in chat. If I get no response I just leave the site.

Customers don't have patience, remember they visit your website knowing that there are other websites they could have clicked on in search results. The other sites are at the back of the shoppers mind. If there's any doubt, annoyance, confusion on your website, they will just leave.

itsthelizards, Aug 30, 2021 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    chat bots are unmanned by definition.

I agree though, that bots should be backed by humans who can take over the chat

sarahk, Aug 30, 2021 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    just finished a live chat with a security camera company that I'm reasonably happy was with a live person. Here's the short version, I'm pretty sure a bot could have done better. The human was so focused on the physical product that they forgot that the app is also part of the "service" they provide. A bot would have latched onto the "log in" and "android app".

sarahk, Aug 30, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  9. Tatsiana Isakova

Tatsiana Isakova Peon

Best Answers:
    Chatbots can become the most valuable asset for an ecommerce industry. They can enhance customer experience without the need of ramping up staff and hiring more people.

Also, by providing customers with immediate responses, shopping chatbots significantly drive sales to your online store. Besides, chatbots reduce CAC since they offer engaging and instant conversation on your online store; thus, customers stay longer on your website.

So I think virtual assistants are the new say in the online retail world and should be the front of mind for retailers.

If you're interested to find out more about this technology in the ecommerce field, here's our blog post.

As for the channels, I use the most popular news websites and industry-related blogs like the one I mentioned.

Tatsiana Isakova, Sep 26, 2021 IP
  10. Expert soft IT

Expert soft IT Member

Best Answers:
    An eCommerce chatbot is an AI-powered Intelligent Virtual Assistant solution that can be implemented by online retailers to engage customers at every stage of their journey.

Expert soft IT, Sep 28, 2021 IP
  11. Gardahn

Gardahn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never used chatbots because in most of the cases they are absolutely useless.

Gardahn, Oct 13, 2021 IP
  12. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use chatbots that often, as they usually seem pretty spammy to me. Sometimes they can be helpful, but most of the time they are just ruining good users' experience as they disturb you and pop out while you are trying to get some info.

As for getting more industry news, I usually use Google alerts and check the topics that are valuable for me, and receive daily emails about news in the industry. LinkedIn can be useful as well, but this is the best option, at least for my needs.

VortexAlpha, Jan 17, 2022 IP
  13. Johan Will

Johan Will Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never use chatbot ad i want in in mu custom challenge coins website.
    any idea !

Johan Will, Jan 20, 2022 IP