1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any advice for dealing with Dun and Bradstreet to get a DUNS number?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sarahk, Aug 21, 2021.

To get into Apple's developer program as an "organisation" you need a DUNS number.

Back in 2014 I tried to get one for a client but failed. They had the client listed several times with several addresses and emails none of which were of any use to us. We couldn't get them merged and updated because they needed to verify with the old info. It's a volunteer-run non-profit with no "office" or premises. Small by many standards but they do employ 4 people.

Fast forward to 2021 and I figured that they'd be better. What a farce.

Start off with their "search" tool which is set to search US companies - fair enough, but they've actually disabled the country field so you can't change it.

upload_2021-8-21_23-17-54.png
    upload_2021-8-21_23-18-2.png

If you try their automated chat all your options are buttons, you can't type anything in and at the end they say come back if you have more questions but there's nothing to click, no field to type into.

To request your number for the Apple program there's a form I discovered but it insists on the correct address - and I have no idea what address they might be using.

So I thought I'd try their contact form - which lets me fill in all my details but has no option to state why you want to contact them - usually there's a drop-down of possible reasons and a free text field - but this time, nothing, nada, zilch.

So finally I tried the phone. Gave skype some credit and rang the first number, it just cut out. On the second I discovered that they are strictly M-F. Nice for some!

Is this a normal experience?
    Has anyone had more success in dealing with them?
    Any hints of how to get through to an actual person?

sarahk, Aug 21, 2021 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I went to their site here in the U.S., and they seem to have a Chat feature. If you can get to that, (unfortunately, likely during U.S. hours) an actual human might be able to help you. But, a better approach might be to reach out to their sales team (the one that wants to sell you enhanced listings, advertising, more services, etc.) and indicate that your client might be interested in some or all of such additional services, if they could ever get their account straightened out and perhaps the sales team could help with this? That approach occasionally has worked for me with vendors like this.

jrbiz, Aug 24, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.