1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So, pathetic Wikipedia moderators keep banning my accounts...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Johnny Mnemonic, Apr 14, 2018.

Years ago, I got unfairly banned from Wikipedia after these douche bags stalked me and at the time, one was a moderator on both Encyclopedia Dramatica and Wikipedia, before he got banned. I've never singled out anyone on Wikipedia to abuse them. Trolls associated with Resident Evil fan sites created this page about me on ED just to harass me, because they didn't like me being an active user on certain forums I went to years ago. Over and over again, I tried to tamper with the page, but it's pointless to try that. It just brings one unwanted attention, and you cannot get anything removed on there nowadays. The original page was created in early 2008 and been archived under its various incarnations anyway.

The moderator in question created a sock puppet investigation page about me on Wikipedia on behalf of his pal, saying I was abusing people, and creating multiple accounts, just to make me look bad. Pages like that don't get deleted either, so anybody can see what's written on these pages and mock people like myself, as they've did over and over again for the better part of two decades on lots of other websites. Unfortunately, I did try to stay calm, but they got me fired up, and then they sided with my stalkers. Well, I then made a new account at some point and edited with it for more than 4 years. Nobody bothered me for such a long time. Then last year, this other stalker (who I don't think is related to them) found me there after seeing stuff I posted on a forum, and I admitted to a moderator who I turned to for assistance, that he was there to annoy me because he knows who I am, so I told the moderator what my old name was. That probably wasn't too bright, but that's what I said. He said I'd likely be banned, even if I didn't deserve to. Not long after that, another administrator sent me an email, likely just probing, when I thought he wanted to help me sort out the situation. Then he banned me not long afterwards. That is so two-faced. He even deleted the stalker's logs with his real IP address, because he knows I was planning to report him to his ISP and use his abusive edits as evidence. You can read my other recent thread about all that ongoing nonsense.

Since I moved out of my parents' house earlier this year, I've got the Internet at my own place and I was editing pages with a different pseudonym for about a month, but I think they're aware of what kind of articles I like to contribute on, and there appears to be a tool in place for comparing people's editing habits that makes it easier to find the alts of previously banned users. Now I got banned the other day there, with one person saying I'm a sock puppet of "Grace Saunders" when that wasn't even my original account, but it's a name a lot of negative people know me by because I joined many survival horror games forums with this alias and that's got nothing to do with me wanting to go by female names like they believe. This is a character in a game I like called Alone in the Dark 2, so they were just causing a scene to carry on this abuse cycle. Emails to the staff go ignored, because they're apparently bent and couldn't care less about my contributions.

How do they know it's me anyway? What's leading them on a trail? Also, I've not broken any rules on there. Nazis on wikis will do just that to people they don't like. Because, I mean, if I'd been edit warring, vandalizing pages, stalking users or pestering anybody, they would have a case. I've done none of that. Any advice on what to do about this hassle would be appreciated, because it seems to be a case of major online bullying, and I'm actually 32 years old which makes this seem more sad...

Johnny Mnemonic, Apr 14, 2018 IP
  2. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You probably kept using the same username, or like in another thread kept revealing your email address, & youtube account. That's plenty enough info for anyone who wants to track you down.

scylla, Apr 15, 2018 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So, they got the original account wrong, but got the sock puppet and the user right, sounds smart to me.

Edit: Just realised you've been using Grace Saunders for a long time, they've probably picked up on that.
    You know their political affiliations or are you just throwing offensive words around for the fun of it?

It sounds to me like the systems at Wikipedia are working just fine. Better to lose a contributor than invite a world of trouble.

Edit: Ref: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ish-to-sue-them-as-the-ban-is-unfair.2315276/

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    sarahk, Apr 15, 2018 IP
  4. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, right, I see now.

Johnny Mnemonic, Apr 15, 2018 IP
  5. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    That never happened.

By the way...I saw that this guy passed away.

You know of him?

Johnny Mnemonic, Apr 15, 2018 IP
  6. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea who you tried to link to, the youtube video is unavailable.

scylla, Apr 28, 2018 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    He deletes them after he knows the right person has viewed his "message". It's the coward's way of retracting what would otherwise be on the permanent record.

sarahk, Apr 28, 2018 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what he is, he winds people up then accuses them of bullying him when they fight back, his life must be so sad.

malky66, Apr 29, 2018 IP
  9. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    I see the moderator took away my last post.

The video wasn't even about you.

Get over it.

Johnny Mnemonic, May 1, 2018 IP