1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Plan to invest money some 100k

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MavericJobs@yahoo.com, Sep 14, 2016.

Only idea i have in my mind blogging
    which i have some experience
    please let me know any other good idea or some innovative way
    thanks in advance :)

MavericJobs@yahoo.com, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'll have every con artist on the planet coming at you with a thread title like that.

Personally, I'd be investing in property rather than an online venture.

A big measure of risk is how you answer "What would it mean to you if you lost the entire amount?"
    Take that into consideration.

sarahk, Sep 14, 2016 IP
    wisdomtool and lukey372 like this.
  3. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're better off trying to launch a product or app rather than investing into blogs.

lukey372, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  4. JeffMichaels

JeffMichaels Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you make your money from blogging and you have a good deal of it saved up, then it would be prudent to start diversifying your sources of income. Don't plow the $100k back into blogging, look towards other areas of investment/income. Rental properties aren't a bad idea.

JeffMichaels, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  5. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I have some idea for investing. You can invest in SIP. It is Mutual Fund. SIP is a method of investing a fixed sum, regularly, in a mutual fund scheme. SIP allows one to buy units on a given date each month, so that one can implement a saving plan for themselves. The biggest advantage of SIP is that one need not time the market.

Thank You....!

Rocko Berry, Sep 15, 2016 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why? an app or product can go bad just as easily...I hear niche sites making $1k-$3k/mo all the time, however
    there are a lot of factors in just setting up any type of site, then the traction it takes to get off the ground...

rental properties may or may not be a good idea, as rentals can be a nightmare...
    Do you have experience in real estate? You can easily lose money really fast....

What maybe a good investment for one, may turn
    out to be a dead end for others, as everyone handles
    their business differently then everyone else....

Investing in anything, blog, site, property, no matter what
    is going to carry high risk; If you get lucky, you make money,
    if you are unlucky, then you continue to lose money...

dscurlock, Sep 15, 2016 IP
  7. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should invest into offline products or on your locally such as open a coffee shop, small fashion shop...., or buying/renting apartment and sell/for rent again.

daica85, Sep 15, 2016 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    avoid retail like the plague - especially food and anything that has trends especially clothing. If you don't get your buying right it's a nightmare.

sarahk, Sep 15, 2016 IP
    lukey372 likes this.
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  10. Lucyeva

Lucyeva Peon

Best Answers:
    it is not the investment that pays you back, rather the idea that pays you according to the modern theory, although idea also needs investment, but think out of the box, there are millions of ideas you can work on,
    youtube monetization program which needs low investment,
    blogging is good but takes a long time to show you results,
    affiliate marketing is the biggest profitable domain,
    you can also invest in trading by following Alibaba the largest platform for trading and the most secure but only if you have knowledge
    invest in some proprietary business in a small scale then put your full effort and expand it with your die hard effort

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Lucyeva, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  11. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @sarahk

100K in the real estate business doesn't get you far if you know what I'm talking about. It's a start though, it's called duplication. Building a house from scratch and making NET profit of %40 is not bad.

I would still invest my money in other ventures such as legit network marketing companies and grow... actually that's what I'm doing atm. There are people that earn 7 figures/year from different income sources (MLMs) you've got to know who you're working with.

Investing into real estate has one downside, it's quite unpredictable of what going to happen in say 5 years from now on, imagine that!

If you're ok with just collecting a rent or two.. then no problems... I sustain you.

evelinawilliams007, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @evelinawilliams007 experienced developers get screwed over every day so, no, I wouldn't be putting 100k into that.

However, let's say your bank will loan you 80% of a property's value (some countries it's up to 95%, some are much lower but lets stick to 80%) then you can buy a property for $500k. Auckland is rated one of the least affordable cities in the world for some reason but for $500k I'd be able to find an investment property that would be tenant ready.
    You buy something low maintenance, near shops and schools and motorways/public transport and you rent it out with positive gearing. Get a decent property manager if you don't want to do it yourself, join your local property investor's association etc. Joining the association before you buy is always wise :)

What's not unpredictable is that people need somewhere safe and affordable to live.
    The OP will know his/her city and the kinds of areas and the kinds of people that will be ok to deal with - and that profile will change from person to person.
    Our properties are cheap and cheerful and our tenants are typically hard working immigrants making a fresh start. We all respect each other and that's good.
    From watching the news it's obvious that some landlords are exploiting the dregs of society and the relationship is one of mutual fear and distrust - not the way I want to do business.

sarahk, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  13. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you loan money, at the end of the day you will pay throught the nose for that property. You will get your rent, but selling it for a higher price it's just out of question, let alone that in 15 - 30 years you never know what can happen, in addition to that you would need some kind of a budget to revamp that house if you'll be selling it in 30 years from now. From my point of view that is no business except collecting your monthly rent which you would use to pay your loan anyway. At the end of the contract you bough a house for $500K paid $1mil for it (and have no profit) because most of the rent money had to go back to your loan.

With all my respect you are not really thinking business wise here.

Real estate contractors earn most of their money from commission and buying homes and selling them for a very low profit 3% - 5%, then you have to think how much you've spent to revamp that house and you'll end up with maybe 2% profit WHEN IT SELLS.

Real estate is tough business for most people, brokers are really the only winners... and the companies that actually are into construction and can only win contracts to build homes they can never loose. (of course the contract are all auction based) but we're talking construction here which is something you wouldn't succeed with if you don't have a solid 10 - 15 years of experience before even thinking of getting into such complicated businesses. And then comes patience, in general the people that bank from REAL ESTATE are the ones that planted the seeds some 20 -30 years ago, I can't see how from now on prices will go up? The prices are already insane, look in Norway for a central apartment you have to pay $5000 - $10.000 USD per sq meter.

14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, maybe not in Romania but in other parts of the world providing homes to people is a viable business - one that lets me waste a hell of a lot of time on this forum, rather than hustling over chargeable hours :)

sarahk, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  15. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Providing homes for people?

A 500K property that's been built with loaned money, will actually cost you almost $1mil. That means you'll maybe get a $3K rent per month, that's 36K per year, not even bothering to do the math to calculate the actual profit after taxes. It'll take about 30 years of rent to pay your loan, right?

Where do you get the money from to pay the money back that you've loaned? From rents right? In my book, that means you basically end up having a property still worth $500K+/- maybe even less that you need to revamp and you've paid $1 mil for it along the years! And that is after 30 years! You've actually lost $500K in the business. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If building properties to collect rents were the new trend and HIGHLY profitable as you say everyone would be doing it! The people that do profit are the ones that build homes with solid cash, not the ones that loan money. You cannot profit from a home with loaned money to start off with, it's pure logic and math, believe me I spoke with enough banks back in the day to get small loans for studios and I just realized that I would actually loose money at the end of the day. You buy a home worth $500K and you end up paying $1mil for it! What sort of business is that?

Being a debt slave, and doing business with loaned money from the baking cartels especially in the real estate doesn't get you far. If you've got the recipe do post it because it actually sound interesting! But mathematically you are wrong. You can't profit with this business model. you actually loose money being trapped as a debt slave.

Its not even funny. The people I personally now that bank from real estate are the ones that make at least 7 figures per year in pure profit from others sources.

By the way an old friend of mine has been into real estate and has had his own agency and worked for others for 20 years! He had gone bankrupt and sold his 3 apartments to be able to pay the debt he got into to start the business in the first place. Why? Because the big fishes are eating the small ones, and he had to go back to being an employee... easier said than done. Start building wooden homes for people that want a small hollyday house and you'll bank serious cash if you are serious about the business, but make sure it's your money you invest... :)

@OP, pick a micro-niche, learn it from the inside out and build a brand around your product ;)

16. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    An aspect of the real estate business some don't think of when they get involved is stress. If you can't handle stress well, don't get involved. That damn thing will give you sleepless nights, strokes, heart attacks. Though it can be true for any business, it's particularly true for real estate. I knew an ex-Amish man who had plenty of cash. After he left the Amish community he bought an apartment building, paid cash for it. That thing almost killed him at the end. Crappy tenants got him worn out. I think he sold it in 3 or 4 years.

qwikad.com, Sep 16, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was in and have for the past 2 years, been trying to get out.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  18. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Stress is huge in pretty much any business, and yes there are people that can't tolerate one bit of stress, and we all know loosing is part of the game so many just quit before anything bad happens because they sense it, but not all. If you have a balanced life in all aspect and take good care of your health you should be good to go, think Donald Trump, he's been in real estate since he was born, well yeah an exception by other means but that guy breaths what he does, I don't think he would have been in the game if it would have stressed the s*it out of him.

evelinawilliams007, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Once again, I don't know how the residential property investment industry works in Romania but in New Zealand, Australia, England and the US you have thousands and thousands of people who own up to 10 investment properties (the vast majority own only 1 or 2) who are finding it a viable way of saving for their retirement and supplementing their income. I have a client who is an NGO in that field and it works. Through that client I meet hundreds of investors who are happily reaping the benefits.

sarahk, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  20. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I already said that.

Name another business where you have to:

1. Find tenants that will always pay their rent on time.
    2. Find enough tenants period.
    3. Take care of leaky pipes, roofs, overflowing toilets.
    4. Take care of broken windows, ruined rugs, holes in the walls.
    5. Take care of loud neighbors.
    6. Take care roach / insect infestations.
    7. Evict a tenant (it can be a family with small children) if necessary.
    8. Respond to any emergency in a timely manner.
    9. Keep your own obligations to your bank / mortgage company.

And I am probably missing a few more. If you have an apartment building with 10+ units, you'll be dealing with some of the points above pretty much on a weekly basis.

Dave Ramsey always says get involved in real estate ONLY if you really, really, REALLY love it. Otherwise it can become hell on earth.

qwikad.com, Sep 17, 2016 IP