1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kill The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care)

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dscurlock, Jan 23, 2016.

I recently noticed my paycheck was down by $445 in just one month...
    Boom, gone, since I just took note of this, then I am not sure if this is
    related to some massive insurance hike, or could be something else....

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...y-445-within-one-month.2772838/#post-19287038

However, I have noticed quite recently that Obama Care rates are spiking to
    all time highs, and greedy insurance will not stop there, as I suspect if one
    group of insurers get hit, then you will see insurance spikes across the board.

Obama Care was setup to help those that could not help themselves, so not only
    do we have to pay our taxes, we have to pay taxes to help others, and I think
    the selling point of Obama Care was that it was supposed to be cheap, and that it
    would not cost taxpayers much. I never thought it was a great idea to begin with,
    and you will find corp greed inject themselves, as a result, skyrocket premiums....

2016 Obamacare Premium Increase Tracker

If this is the way Obama Care is going to continue,
    then I simply vote: Kill Obama Care....

Ever since Obama took office, everything
    concerning the financial sector has gone
    to shit, now he gets to leave office, and
    make million dollar deals....

Maybe this has nothing to do with the loss in my
    paycheck, maybe it is related; Will not know until Monday.

dscurlock, Jan 23, 2016 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The purpose of Obamacare was for him, his Chicago political thugs, and liberal control freaks to take over 1/6 of the US economy. Anyone who believes that it was done to help people or for noble causes is drinking the koolaid that allows these power-hungry demagogues to succeed. Obamacare is working exactly how they intended and is a big success as far as they are concerned.

jrbiz, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you had any idea what you were talking about, you would know that insurance companies MUST spend 85% of premiums collected on patient care or refund the difference. You would also know that insurance companies all over the country--even the non-profits like Blue Cross and others--are losing tons of money because of Obamacare. And then you would realize that all of the price increases were approved by government regulators because the insurance companies were losing so much money.

Insurance companies cannot print their own money like the government has been doing for the past 7 years.

billzo, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Insurance companies have their losses backstopped by the government. Google "Risk Corridors".

The 20% + price hikes from the ACA come on the heels of the initial sticker shock that came with the 133% price hike from what came before the ACA. There are only really three groups of people who like the ACA. The first are the folks just over the poverty rate that have their premiums mostly subsidized. The second are those added to insurance via the medicare expansion (again not paying for it). The third, and only group truly helped by the law, are those with horrid preexisting conditions who could not obtain insurance.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the US middle class, specifically the younger, healthier members of the US middle class. They saw their premiums go up by double in all but one or two states with already outrageously bad insurance rates. It was Obama's way of telling the people who voted for him that he hates them.

Obamanation, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is one more group that benefits from ACA and perhaps more than any of the other groups: the government politicians, bureaucrats, and their control freak cronies who could not wait to get control over 1/6 of the U.S. economy so that they can tell even more people how to live (and die, in this case.) The power-hungry love Obamacare.

jrbiz, Jan 27, 2016 IP
    Obamanation likes this.
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that those slush funds only covered part of the losses and only for a period of time. Obama knew health insurance companies were going to lose lots of money as a result of his legislation and the slush fund was created to keep price increases down until after the 2014 election.

And in other news, a woman is suing her employer and her employer's health insurance provider for not paying for a sex change procedures for her 17-year-old daughter (including removal of breasts). The Obama administration's EEOC is supporting the woman in the discrimination complaint.

http://www.startribune.com/mom-sues...erage-for-sex-change-surgery-drugs/366731821/

People were warned that Obama wanted taxpayers or insurance to pay for these sex change operations and he is now pursuing a back door way into doing it.

billzo, Jan 27, 2016 IP
    Obamanation likes this.
  7. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So posting your so called theory in multiple topics helps you how?

Barti1987, Jan 27, 2016 IP