1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google SandBox: how would you get out?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr.Dog, Oct 14, 2014.

Hi,

I'm finding it a bit harder than usual to get out of Google's sandbox. I think in the past it was easier.
    Despite a few good links, guest articles, etc....

What techniques would you use?

Mr.Dog, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  2. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    To get out of Sandbox, it takes up to 1 years for considering, first you need to check in the webmaster tool account to see any notification related to manual spam activities caused on your website, this is from your wrong link building strategy or maybe some competitors play a trick on your website, then look into the content, scan all the pages to make sures there is no thin content page or 404 error pages. Using service like ahrefs to fliter all the link to your website, investigate the unusual links to fliter the bad link. The next step is using disavow tool from webmaster to block those bad link. Finally, send a considering request to the Google team to restore your website.

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 16, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is a sign that your website is penalized by Google for violating quality guidelines that's why your site is fluctuating in search results. Evaluate your campaign history and check for some errors in GWT.

KylieSweet, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  4. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    The sandbox is not a sign of penalty. New sites are frequently added to the sandbox. From there, Google only picks the highest quality sites to rank in the SERPs.

Of course, Google can add a healthy, well-going site to the sandbox as well.

I think one of the best ways to get out of the sandbox is to: obtain many guest posts on quality related sites within the industry, generate intense SM activity, improve Google Analytics metrics - such as bounce rate.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    Mr.Dog, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  5. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At least 5 years ago, they said the Google sandbox / supplementary index was dead - looks like it's returned, and doesn't always mean it's attached to a penalty. For example, sites that have a history of being redirected to other domains may find themselves in the supplementary index with no real penalty attached.

Try aggressively building links, and add fresh new content on a regular basis - ping it after every new content update.

Slincon, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  6. Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Change Website Layout and Content remove all spamming back link.

Jennifer Lawrence, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  7. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easiest way to get out of the Google sandbox is not to get it in the first place! Create good quality content that your audience will enjoy :)

lightlysalted, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  8. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, but I think the new sites have all chances to make it into the sandbox. Then it's a struggle to get out of it.

I think building a lots of quality backlinks and generating SM buzz should help.

Mr.Dog, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  9. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    A new way for you to try. If you own the domain that get blacklisted by google (in sandbox), you may redirect 301 to a web 2.0
    I think this must be THE FASTEST method to transfer all the backlink to a new website. Why I choose web 2.0?
    Web 2.0 (example blogspot.com) has big authority and never get banned by Google and It CAN handel all the massive link
    Note: Remember that donot use custom domain for web 2.0 or the new domain continues with the penalty!
    Follow this technique if you want quick recovery and make the ranking come back in a very short of time.

thuthuatwordpress, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  10. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is quite an original idea, but then you'd have to re-redirect back to the original site's URL.
    Google could still ban subdomains - you suggested the Blogspot site. Blogs under it appear quite often as subdomains, as I saw.

I might still try what you suggested...

I wouldn't say sandbox is a "blacklisting" technique.

Mr.Dog, Oct 18, 2014 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your post is too confusing and misleading other members here:
    "The sandbox is not a sign of penalty" - Google Sandbox is an effect of penalty and also a name given to the observation of how Google ranks behave on search results. Which means if your website fluctuates in search ranking results the site was penalized. :D
    "New sites are frequently added to the sandbox" - What? :eek: New sites are frequently added to sandbox? Why? :eek: New sites has nothing to do with sandbox :eek:
    "Of course, Google can add a healthy, well-going site to the sandbox as well." - What are you trying to tell us? Healthy, well going site to the sandbox as well? :eek: I can't understand you :D
    Try to read between the lines of your post and carefully understand it. Oh my god! :rolleyes:

KylieSweet, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  12. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was trying to explain, but you didn't understand. Instead of ridiculizing my comments, read more about the sanbox, see for yourself instead of talking for "other members":

Google sandbox is not necessarily a penalty. It is indeed applied to new sites.
    And yes, the sandbox has a lot to do with new sites that are not established.

For a long time, the existence of the "sandbox effect" wasn't proven, but rather a subject of speculation.

You can learn more about it here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_effect

Google's John Mueller said:
    "it can take a bit of time for search engines to catch up with your content, and to learn to treat it appropriately. It's one thing to have a fantastic website, but search engines generally need a bit more to be able to confirm that, and to rank your site - your content - appropriately"

Here's another page with a quote below:
    https://www.webduckdesigns.com/pages/website-resources/sandbox.php

"The Google Sandbox Effect is a theory used to explain why newly-registered domains or domains with frequent ownership changes rank poorly in Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS). In other words new websites are put into a “sandbox” or a holding area and have their search ratings on hold until they can prove worthy of ranking."

Mr.Dog, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  13. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've had two sites that went into the sandbox these past few months. Both went down and sat there for about 1 month...After that, spiked back up and things are back to normal (if not, slightly better)...Continue building good links and be patient, it will happen.

FPForum, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  14. bia2music

bia2music Peon

Best Answers:
    you should remove all spam backlink & Update your website daily....

bia2music, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  15. jojogiuffra

jojogiuffra Member

Best Answers:
    I am at the same page that @Mr.Dog, Google Sandbox is not a penalty, it is aplied to new sites that start ranking in relevants position on Google. I can talk with experience, because a lot of sites that I worked with and start to rank well, went to the Sandbox.

The best way to go out from Google Sandbox is don't stop. Continue creating content and improving your site like nothing, Google will positionate you again in short time.

jojogiuffra, Dec 12, 2014 IP
    Mr.Dog likes this.
  16. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you could reply to this post of mine. I have a site going through some trouble...
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/is-my-site-in-the-sandbox-or-what.2741106/

Mr.Dog, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  17. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No such thing as a "Google Sandbox". It's just a theory!

You have to prove to Google that your site is worthy of ranking, otherwise Google puts it into a holding area until you do so.

Anyway, here are some things to consider, if you didn't know already:

Could someone be spamming others under your domain?
    Has someone stolen content from your website?
    Was or is your website's server down or having problems?
    Are you keeping up with Google's Algorithm?
    Have any bad links on your site, like broken links?
    Is your domain brand new?
    Are you targeting keywords that are highly competitive?

Holla!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    GuruCreation, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  18. Kralj187

Kralj187 Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty simple, you need those high quality (pr4+) niche relevant do follow backlinks to get out of Google SandBox.
    The other method would be to wait and see what will happen...

Kralj187, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  19. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You asked some interesting questions there:

Could someone be spamming others under your domain?
    Like how? Spreading links to my site or how?

Has someone stolen content from your website?
    No, I don't think that's the issue. Not that I'm aware of.
    But, I am getting a ton of junk traffic from lots of spammy sites, unrelated domains. And I don't know how, why that's coming.

Was or is your website's server down or having problems?
    Nope, working fine, great uptime!

Are you keeping up with Google's Algorithm?
    I am up-to-date with the trends, I am trying to adapt to whatever new is going on...

Have any bad links on your site, like broken links?
    Nope.

Is your domain brand new?
    Some of my domains are 10 years old, others 2-3 years old, not that new, actually.

Are you targeting keywords that are highly competitive?
    They are quite competitive indeed, but on some sites I intentionally minimized the use of exact match keywords.

Mr.Dog, Dec 30, 2014 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  20. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but the "wait and see" is really not a method! :D

And PR is dead. Focusing on social signals, DA, PA... etc. etc.

Mr.Dog, Dec 30, 2014 IP