1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Digitalpoint is falling down!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mimozo, Nov 2, 2014.

Hi

Im an old member of Digitalpoint , the forum was working great before 3 years agos . but after changing the forum script to XenForo everything changed .
    no I cant post in the marketplace ( i had more than positives itraders) and even a thusted user , Now im a newbie in the forum.

Even alot of members have left the forum because the bad users handling ,

I see also a big Loss in traffic in Alexa it was ranked ( 500 ) now it is ( 2000)

What happen in this forum ? why did you ruined it by yourself ?

Thank you

mimozo, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    From a moderators perspective, the changes in rules/policies has drastically reduced the amount of spam.

Smyrl, Nov 2, 2014 IP
    yakusokutebayo likes this.
  3. chtdatweb

chtdatweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And the number of users that use the forum too. I too am a long standing member and with all the changes has made a lot less attractive. Just saying how I see it...

chtdatweb, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  4. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't really imagine how spammy this forum was before but speaking as a visitor, this is what mostly would turn me off. Even if it was reduced there are still a ton of users here just to spam and advertize all around and this is the biggest setback of this forum. The topic about the 3 likes that can be gained in a heartbeat is discussed a million times so won't really dwell upon it. Just another point of view... ;)

Rado_ch, Nov 3, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  5. mimozo

mimozo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Rado_ch : How did you know how spammy was this forum and you are registered after : Sep 21, 2013 ?
    so the forum was alreay dead compared to : 2012 - 2010

For the spam issue , it is was a big problem but with the VB tools it reduced it alot , and also the forum need to give a marge of liberty to users to not make theme leave the website .

mimozo, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's the thing... I am NOT aware how spammy it was and this is why I said "I can't really imagine" the magnitude of spam. Still, the year that I've been here I had the pleasure of speaking with some of the "old dogs" here and they are all people that have proven their opinion can be trusted. So I completely stand behind their opinion too.

This "marge of liberty" you are speaking of still has to have clear limitation, otherwize it will just turn into chaos. Which is not hard to achieve when you are running a forum of a few hundred people but for such a place like DP this involves constant and heavy moderation by people who have the ability to dedicate their whole time for that. Getting back to the argument what was DP before and what it is now you naturally see things from your perspective as you feel that you were stripped of some of the liberties you had. Fair point, but I like to always see the global picture too. Even right now (with all those liberties missing) I can open the new threads and for no more than 10 minutes I can find you threads asking the same question over and over, completely pointless threads, 1 out 3 will have AT LEAST one spammy, irrelevant or advertising comment. And this is now...with the limited freedoms. Most of the times I will just browse through and continue looking but more and more often it gets just annoying. So if this is the version with less freedoms and less spam I can only imagine what was it before that - I'd probably wouldn't last more than a week before I leave. ;)

Rado_ch, Nov 4, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot, Arick unirow and malky66 like this.
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    maybe the main reason since google adsense banned this site from displaying their ads.. :D and shawn as the Admin for this forum get NOT too exited anymore... lol..

try this forum either with active member and website selling http://ads.id/forums/forum.php

robyries, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  8. JMDomains

JMDomains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a long standing member I actually like the changes, but the constant dropping offline is starting to get annoying.

JMDomains, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Weird..is that still happening for you?
    It's been working fine here for me for the last few days, really quick and no outages.

malky66, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  10. langau

langau Member

Best Answers:
    well..... from almost a week the site loads very slow, that seemed to be a problem,
    other than that, I think that the rules were necessary to maintain the quality of DP.

langau, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  11. JMDomains

Best Answers:
    Yeah I keep getting CloudFlare splash screens every so often.

12. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you are just so used to vB. I believe its indeed a slow transition to actually get used to xenforo.

etc, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  13. JMDomains

Best Answers:
    You're right there, I had to Google so many things when we switched. I was a loyal VB customer for many years, but XenForo had me hooked straight away.

14. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the forum is going down but I'm sure the whole internet website business market is going down which is affecting DP along with all of the other forums alike.

DinoJRG, Nov 4, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  15. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What make you so sure recommending Ads-ID? Is Ads-ID using English now?
    I am Indonesian and very proud of it. I see some members in this forum whom coming from Ads-Id were selling FTR stuffs. I didn't say Ads-ID is bad (It just the members whom coming from Ads-Id were ruining the Ads-ID's dignity). I respect Ads-ID and believe there are lots of respected ADS-ID member in this forum (I just didn't find them yet).

For everyone whom thinking this forum is 'Falling Down', well, we could only get the answer few years from now on. Will DigitalPoint stay as World's largest marketing/webmaster community or disappear from history.

In my opinion, This forum will stay in top among competition as long as it wipe out any spam and keep quality rather than quantity. I believe honorable webmaster will choose quality forum rather than quantity. In my opinion, DP has what it takes to be the best among the other forums. It has:
    1. Advanced MarketPlace. The free market for everyone whom willing stuffs (paid area also available for Digital goods). It has the ability to track if transactions really happen or being manipulated (useful for feedback). Another forum (most of it) didn't have this advanced system implemented. It also has lots of useful features. I didn't say if DP is a webmaster forum which own greatest marketplace in this planet. No, I do believe technology always evolve and soon or later, there would be better technology which able to fulfill the task (selling/buying stuffs). I believe DP will try to be the first to use those technology.
    2. Investment Forum. This is the next popular area in future if developed properly. It just lack 'tracking features'. I believe the forum should track any transaction (to prove if it really happen or not) and provide feedback (as trusting level).
    3. Contest forum
    4. Engaging forum.
    5. Lots of free tools for registered member.
    6. Lots of spam-free threads.
    7. Much more.
    I do understand if some members said this forum is not as busy as it used to be. In my perspective, it is caused by: most user enjoy reading rather than writing and jump into conversation or in simple words: 'less interactions'. It is caused by: Lots of spam posts, Lots of seller whom selling low quality and fake stuffs, Lots of buyer whom bidding without buying and much more.

Each forum always have problems. There is no forum without problems. What really matter is: DP already working hard to solve the problems and satisfy all peoples.

In the end, Forum with High Quality and Trusted level will be the first choice for anyone. DP is working hard to achieve it and so the other forums as well.

Arick
    Disclaimer: I have less knowledge in analyzing future trends so my opinion could be wrong. I am not yet registered member of another forum (most of it - just guest/reader) and that mean my observation could be wrong. I am trying to be as objective as possible but I understand my respect to this forum may make me praise it too much.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Arick unirow, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  16. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    can't find that place,..:D

robyries, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  17. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have linked the URL on my first post in this thread. Have a look at the post (I have edited it).

There is almost no problems while I use this forum. The CloudFlare problem exist few days ago and already being fixed. There are few types of errors such as:
    1. 503 CloudFlare gateway errors.
    2. An errors showing if Cloudflare work fine but DigitalPoint is not accessible in your area. to illustrate it: You => Cloudflare server (your location and status - working) => DigitalPoint (Down).
    Which errors you were facing? I couldn't suggest anything rather than stay patient until the problem get resolved. Meanwhile, You may want to read this thread (in case you miss it): Error connecting to DigitalPoint.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Arick unirow, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  18. JMDomains

Best Answers:
    Yeah both of those. It's been okay so far today though. (fingers crossed)

JMDomains, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  19. mimozo

mimozo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well , the stats make us worrying more about the futur of this forum ,..

[​IMG]

really I miss many members who left this forum , especially on the google section .
    I remember when I post a question or an article on this section I get many replies and arguments in minutes , now the majority of threads has no replies at all .

The forum need a new breath to recover .

Best
    Mimozo

mimozo, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  20. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    lol...alexa,are you serious? anyone who uses that as a gauge of success can't really be taken seriously, It's only low quality users that tend to have the Alexa Toolbar installed, not really a sign the forum is "falling down"

malky66, Nov 5, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot and Rado_ch like this.