1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Trust

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by msultani, Jul 31, 2014.

I called a reputable SEO company to see their prices and what they can do. The gentleman that was talking to me, he mentioned that my sites trust is very low. So here goes my question:

1. Just want to know what is SEO Trust (no it is not a company)?
    2. How does it affect your ranking?
    3. How can one build trust, if it is a new website and company?
    4. What factors are in the trust of website and incoming links?

Thanks

msultani, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did the gentleman explain to you why your "sites trust is very low?" This is to elaborate some things and to clear out.

1. Trust comes from your targeted audience
    2. Don't focus on your rankings
    3. New websites must take time to court their targeted audience and it requires building relationship with them
    4. Don't focus on incoming links but concentrate on providing engaging content to satisfied their needs and expectations.

KylieSweet, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  3. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Site trust is the site awareness in engines. If they say that to you probably you are missing some credible factors or metrics that Google is putting more value now, like content creation, but not "yada yada yada". Think at the humminbird algorithm merged with panda algorithm. These two were actually launched to help searchers to have better results. The criteria are not exactly known but many assume that one important detail to get the same exposure that every one was getting before the algorithms updates is to update the writing skills. Going and placing content that is already on the engines is not going to help on long term. That's even what Google wants. To grow the trust you need to come with something new, not something that many already did and you are're just re-write it.

Natural links merged with quality content and social media will form the best funnel that every company looks for. So for question no one that's how SEO Trust has to be directed. Through content and quality natural links.

If your website doesn't have any quality score or trust it's obvious that your ranks will suffer. Once you have traffic you will see ranks too.

Trust and awareness can be build in time, through the method/s explained up + classic SEO. Overnight projects can't be done.

Be sure that whatever you do is more than good for your business. Don't just hunt links. This will kill your work.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  4. grayhatseo

grayhatseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally think the guy is talking about Majestic SEO's trust flow, which is a very important metric for ranking keywords. Just go to majesticseo(dot)com and plug in your website's URL. It'll tell you the citation flow and trust flow on the right hand corner, which is basically how many links are coming in and how trustworthy your site is due to those links, respectively. But to answer your questions:

1. The quality of the links pointing to your site which raises trust flow
    2. Trust flow is basically saying how authoritative your site is, and the more authoritative the more likely you'll rank for harder keywords
    3. No spammy links, only links from other authoritative sites and offering good content
    4. An authority site has tons of links from other authority sites, which makes it trustworthy

grayhatseo, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  5. msultani

msultani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, but I can guarantee that the content my website has is unique and 100% original. We are into residential and commercial HVAC and Plumbing business. The trust is not with content or our website, the trust that he was talking about was from citation and incoming links (I had to call him back to ask).

msultani, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  6. Matei Gavriluta

Best Answers:
    Matei Gavriluta, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  7. msultani

Best Answers:
    Thanks Grayhatseo, you are right, this is what he mentioned. Now the question why the link trust would be so low. We bought the domain in March 2014 and we rarely build any links, because we were concentrating on building the site and its content (which finished this week). The domain we purchased was owned by someone in China and I honestly don't read Chinese to see what is out there.

Thanks

msultani, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  8. msultani

Best Answers:
    We haven't even started on local SEO or proper SEO. The website was finished just this week. We were designing the website for the past few months, writing contents, getting ev SSL and PCI complaint.

Unless there is something that I don't see or understand.

msultani, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  9. Matei Gavriluta

Best Answers:
    Just focus on funnels because is not important either or not you started SEO yet. Local businesses are about leads so you will see my point later.

10. grayhatseo

grayhatseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is one thing, but how is anyone going to find the content if you aren't ranking? All the stuff about "natural link building" usually doesn't apply to sites like yours, in this case, commercial HVAC and Plumbing business. Who is going to link to a HVAC and plumbing business? Not many. SEO is crucial for any increases in the SERP and rises in traffic, so you are going to want to build quality links if you want to increase your trust flow. You might want to take some time to do guest posts and build links instead of creating more content for your site, and local SEO is often much easier than going for big keywords.

grayhatseo, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  11. Matei Gavriluta

Best Answers:
    Local businesses work differently because you focus to one thing and that leads. The method that I posted for the OP in the other thread is tested. Obvious there will be always other ways, but when a door is open don't hesitate to enter. Period.

12. grayhatseo

grayhatseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, for local businesses, you'll need 3 things:

1. Great content - hope you already have that
    2. Traffic - SEO/build links -> more authoritative site -> higher keyword rankings
    3. Funnel process - how are you going to get the visitor to buy? you need a funnel that brings in visitors and converts them into customers

grayhatseo, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  13. Matei Gavriluta

Best Answers:
  14. Mark Davison

Mark Davison Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, have you asked these questions to the reputable company as they should be able to define what they mean and the actions/services that will resolve it for you.

Mark.

Mark Davison, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  15. msultani

Best Answers:
    Hello Mark,

I did ask them, but wasn't really sure of their answers. As we all know, sometimes businesses like to play on your weakness, so wanted to be sure 100%.

Thanks

msultani, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  16. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are receiving many replies with explanations and advice. My question to you is, "what about this SEO company makes them reputable?"

SearchBliss, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  17. Mark Davison

Mark Davison Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I you feel they are playing on your weakness then maybe they aren't the company for you.

Good point SearchBliss.

Mark.

Mark Davison, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  18. msultani

Best Answers:
    That is what the person claims. But how is going to do that I don't know. Plus didn't know if such thing exists.

msultani, Aug 2, 2014 IP