1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Crap Google Is Pulling (Local SEO)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tysco, Jul 24, 2014.

Did anyone notice a change in the Google's search results layout today?

Almost every single local search (for me, at least) shows the damn Google Places results right after the ads... and THEN the natural results!

Some searches will show 1 natural listing before the 3-block (or 7-block) of Google Places.

Users would have scroll for days (/exaggeration) until they finally get to the natural results.

You could at least get some traffic at the #2 or #3 spot... now this just kills any chances of traffic there.

Is this Google's way of saying "F U" to local SEO'ers? (WTF, Google?!)

Your guys' (and gals) thoughts?

Tysco, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  2. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's a pain in the butt but if you have strong enough backlinks, you should come out on top.

Mahe, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  3. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Absolutely pain for real seo. we know hard to get rank in google if some local listing getting top due to google product its painful.

ashokdhan, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  4. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are two variations. One is the usual local SEO results, and there is also a new horizontal black band with many local businesses listed.

Then the organic local search is displayed, followed by news, followed by more results, followed by related articles.

On one hand this is better for the user and as always there is a way to market it; go study and test how. On the other hand, the SERP is sure looking cluttered.

Adapt and overcome

Traditione, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its the "Google Pigeon" they rolled out a a new and major local search ranking algorithm update that was last July 25, 2014. It focuses on local search and my website had some little changes on the search engine ranking results.

KylieSweet, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  6. Tysco

Tysco Member

Best Answers:
    Some local searches still have 1 or 3 results above the Local listings, but for the most part, it looks like Local is dominating the top.

Very frustrating for SEOs with clients because you focused your time/energy/money towards one thing (organic)... and now it's flip flopped and you have to focus on the other (Local).

Super hard to do in some of my cases, since some of my clients had previous (bad) webmasters/SEOs who messed up their citations big time, and now I can't edit/login/claim some citations, which is preventing higher ranks in Local. Ugh.

Anyone with Local rankings tips besides high quality citations, synced information and more positive reviews?

Tysco, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  7. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can tell you what is cloud hosting because I am using it for my business. Your business will not get hosted in one single place but on a virtual partition which draws its resources such as disk space from an extensive network of underlying physical servers.

Hello. This work is not easy at all. Until you figure out the way at least. After that you need to invest time to launch other pages and keep the position on local site.

60% of my revenue comes from local lead sites - Funnel. That takes time but a good funnel can generate about $1,000 - $2,000 / month.

I work on several projects and my work for 1 website involves:

1. Making a high quality website which takes time because I need to be careful with headlines, content and contexts.

2. Do about 40 quality articles with videos, graphics, links focused on main keywords. Size is about 850-1000+

3. Make about 300 geotargeted pages (this ones can be spinned). They have to target your county, city, township and town within a state.

4. Manual spin about 300 geotargeted Youtube videos to target county, city, township. They can be ranked with GSA but do not direct link back to the site. Most of the people call directly from the videos and don't even go to the site. Just write a version of the url that people can copy and past.

5. Start again doing top 50 citation manual and hire someone for another 300 (in 1-2 months time). Make the top ones very good because they are very important.

6. Don't forget the social share on the site (G+, G local, facebook, twitter, vimeo, youtube)

7. Start getting twitter follower and facebook likes. Youtube videos start to get liked natural after 1-2 years.

8. To get this faster going invest up to $5 on your facebook page and you will boost it. And boost the posts.

9. After your Funnel is done - go for SEO. A big and huge funnel will rank easily on page 2-3 without any backlinks. And you can wait some days before starting the SEO. It always bumps and you can get your local sites easy on pages 2-3 fast.

10. So once you start and see results you can start slowly create some PBN links that will boost the site position on top 3 in a month or 2.

11. For G locals on top you need to have reviews. All the top citations are live so what you need to do is getting reviews. Simply get on yellow pages, yahoo local, yelp, kudzu, insider pages and g local. Yellow pages, yahoo, kudzu and insider pages accept reviews through 2 different methods. For G local and Yelp - you will need the help of your customers to leave the reviews. And you can get a review just if someone calls the company and you can give a good advice on the phone. Be sure after that they will leave a review!! even if the work is not done. Plus you have a client on your data base.

12. 30 reviews will get your listing up really nice, pretty high to be on top 5 of G local. Going for 50-60 reviews will get your listing to #1 or 2 for sure. What I have noticed is that reviews are whats going to rank on G local moreso than citations. And people love to see referrals "I saw the reviews and the good job you did".. I want to work with you..etc..

Also you can twist the method and post on classifieds and places where advertise is possible, local sites, forums, all over. As I said from the start it's an ongoing work..
    If you go with PPC you will see that the costs will multiply over night.

So my conclusion is not to rank local sites but to create massive funnel ! That is profitable !!!

Hope my tips will help each local player!
    If you need more tips PM.
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  8. hockeystick

hockeystick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    moneykrap - I dont know about the spinning and dumping videos on youtube. It's like they say "don't $hit where you eat."

hockeystick, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  9. bossofbosses1

bossofbosses1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well now results are stable but working with correct SEO strategy is a must now.
    I put a lot of effort for doing stuff online and ask for links, ratings and reviews in Google Plus Places as they wrote here
    http://www.linkresearchtools.com/case-studies/link-building-tips-small-business-smb/

bossofbosses1, Sep 24, 2014 IP