1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Likes??

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by spiderbyte, Jun 24, 2014.

I have been gone from the forum for ~2 years... What are these "likes" and why can't I sell?

spiderbyte, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's given here - https://www.digitalpoint.com/help/established. That's the new rule. Basically a 'like' can be considered as a merit someone gives your post because it is useful in some way. This is greatly helpful to prevent spam. Anyway, getting likes is not at all hard. You just need 3 of them to be able to sell through the marketplace and BST. Keep posting something that will help and you will get the likes soon. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-do-you-get-likes-on-digital-point.2698888/ - this should also help.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Any greens you earned from before the change over were automatically converted to likes so at the time of the change a huge number of people were established from the get go.

It's all about contributing and building up credibility.

sarahk, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  4. Adtech

Adtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why in cant see any like button within threads? who r going to give me likes for good posts? members/ staffs??

Adtech, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    established members can give likes

sarahk, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  6. Adtech

Adtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok thanks :)..I shall keep posting meaningful content so that members are compelled to give me likes :)..anyway I am quiet enjoying exploring this forum as it is helping me to learn various things which was unknown to me. Hopefully the journey with DP is going to be a fun.:)

Adtech, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  7. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    You will be granted the privilege to 'like' someone's post when you have become an 'established member'. Till then, you will not see it through your account. 'How to become one?', it's all explained in the links I have provided in my previous post.
    I am providing a snap below so that you know how it looks. It's at the bottom right corner at the end of each post, including the first one from a thread.
    like.png

It's anyone who's an established member and finds useful what you have posted.

You can't really 'COMPEL' anyone to give you likes. Don't assume that when someone likes your post, he/she will give it a 'like'. It all depends on the person reading it.

I appreciate that you have started with a positive attitude. There are some who complain about the likes system. What they don't understand is that it's a measure taken to prevent spam and stop people from posting pointless/useless content unnecessarily. Anyway, all you need is just 3 likes each from a different member to be welcomed to the establishment. (There are trophy points for that too!). Keep posting informative and helpful stuff about something you know quite a lot. Don't be discouraged even if you don't get them immediately. Have some patience. There are a host of sections you will find in the forum list. I bet there will at least be 3-4 where you can help out someone or post unique and meaningful info.

One very important point. NEVER ask for likes publicly or through private conversations. It's one of the quickest ways to get hit by the ban hammer.

I hope this provides you a basic overview of the whole 'likes' thing.
    Happy posting.:)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  8. Adtech

Adtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for answering all my queries so patiently. Now i understand why you have got so many likes. You are truly an inspiration to the new members like us.

Adtech, Jun 28, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
  10. Adtech

Adtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this link ..i am so happy i got my first like :)

Thank Content Maestro thank you sooo much for this :)

Adtech, Jun 28, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.