1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying 30usd per 750 words - writing for major publications - only talented and creative minds need apply!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by iamalive, Jan 29, 2014.

1. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Keep it up Corey and Gregevskye! You guys are heating each other up! Can't wait to see another round here. This is a must-watch thread of the year. :D

bogartkick, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  2. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    OK kuya! :D Ignoring that wombat from now on.

Hiring the most creative writers on Digital Point!​

iamalive, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  3. hopeless4

hopeless4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can I ask how the "Mohammad" comment translates to racism? Surely the name isn't akin to the "n" word these days, is it?

This thread was an interesting little novelette to read through, yet I'm still hung up on that one little detail...

hopeless4, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  4. ArcServers

ArcServers Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0

This.

I'm irked by a few other inconsistencies in this thread by the thread creator, but I'm certain others would have picked up on those anyway.

ArcServers, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  5. Dave Goehst

Dave Goehst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I see nothing in this thread that suggest anyone is misandristic. Or racially slurring. The fact remains the same: Corey factually presented his working experience with OP so we, the interested freelancers stalking this thread, can make educated choices. Writing anything without guarantee of compensation is risky, even if you've been writing for Forbes all your life and have the 'write stuff'.

I would've agreed to write for $.02 a word with all the footwork of posting the content up to the employer. OP knows that content posted to Huffington Post and other major news media outlets goes for hundreds - even several thousand in some cases where original photography accompanies the writing. OP then collects his hefty paycheck, kicks back $30 to the writer, and it's a done deal.

Dave Goehst, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  6. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would like to thank you for proving my point. You not only insult me here but you followed me into other threads I've made and insulted me there too.

All I wanted to express was my experience working with you. All you did was prove my point. This is the kind of person you will be working with.

My original points were simple:
    - You wanted people to be online 24/7 and were never online yourself.
    - You kept on adding requirements to the work after it was completed.
    - It took three days to process a trial payment

That's all I wanted to say... but you took such a vendetta against that because I am now supposedly a scammer, a racist, a retard, there was something about my mother a while back, etc. I am so glad I got out when I did. You're one of the least professional people I have ever seen on these forums.

You keep saying in every response that "his work was unusable". Why in the world did you offer me more work after the first one was completed? Why does my work suddenly become void all because I had a lesser opinion of you? Right after the trial article was finished, they made a spreadsheet that showed all of their currently projects and assigned some to me. I nicely cut off ties stating that I would no longer be working with them. My experience was so frustrating that I wanted to warn other writers about working with this guy, but that turned into this huge issue apparently.

Stop following me into other threads. If you have something to say to me, I have an inbox.

I'm not sure honestly, because that's his business partner that you'll be dealing with a majority of the time.

You will rarely be talking to the OP (his name is Adam on Skype). You'll be talking to someone named Muhammad.

I'm not sure how the "racist" crap got started, seeing as that's the actual name of his partner that you talk to.

coreygeer, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  7. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Maybe Adam is a shortened portmanteau for 'Mohammad' and 'Damn!"

Dave Goehst, Jan 31, 2014 IP
    hopeless4 and ArcServers like this.
  8. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Except you don't reply to my inbox messages.... or my replies on your thread https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/fast-professional-native-english-writer-affordable.2658939/ or my Skype messages, or Facebook, or email, or requests for payment VIA paypal. Instead you asked for money upfront for articles & then never delivered them or gave me my money back.... So inboxing doesn't quite work :)

ndy, Jan 31, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  9. rohit147

rohit147 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    I am in no way related to the OP.. But the other guy this CoreyGeer, is one of those guys who just make tall claims and deliver nothing. It has happened with me in the past. I wanted some article and took almost 1 hour to write up an email with instructions for the articles that i needed. He said he will do it in 1-2 days, i waited.. and waited never got anything.

I did not pay anything upfront, but i did ask him if i need to, he said no need coz of my reputation in here. I always find him posting on other people's threads and bashing them either for their LOW PAY, or something, he has a lot of time to reply to this, but doesnt deliver articles. He is still in my Gtalk list, and just never responds.

BTW, i had agreed to his "Rates", so he cant claim that i was paying low.

rohit147, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  10. Dave Goehst

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This entire excerpt sounds like negative PR paid for by OP - opening sentence says it all.

Your excessive use of punctuation and lack of complete sentence structure tells me everything about your personality - knowing Corey's work ethic, I'd say you're excessively jealous that he's earning $20USD per article, and you're earning 20INR ($.32 U.S. cents) per article on your best day.

Dave Goehst, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk, hopeless4 and Spoiltdiva like this.
  11. rohit147

rohit147 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    I dont think you read my post correctly.. Did i say i am a writer? I was looking for a writer and not the other way round. Anyways, wonder why you are banned now..? Being a senior member here, i dont think i need to do any PR for any other member over here. I have around 300+ itrader feedback and a 100% track record here in DP. So do a complete check before posting.

Sorry MODS, if i am flouting any rules, but i thought its important to give me experience with respect to other members.

rohit147, Feb 3, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  12. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I completed an article as per above on Saturday - It didn't take me any longer than a normal article to write, I spent around 30 minutes after that working through their suggestions and changes that they wanted... I was paid today, in full $30.00 around an hour after my article was published... Yes, a little extra work on top of a "normal" article - but then if I was paying $30.00 for 500 words I would be pretty picky too! Taking on more work with the, and I don't see this going any differently!

ndy, Feb 3, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    96.3% - 77
    An employer has every right to get the job done the way he wants; after all, they are the employer.
    You can simply take the job, fulful the requirements, or simply go back to the cough, and bitch about
    how you do not like the requirements the employer is looking for....

If you do not like the requirements, then pass on the job.....
    (or do you go into every employers office and bash them?)
    (no, as shameful as you are, because you would rather hide behind a curtain of posts,

and start your own business so you can demand the same requirements....

and just because the article is finished does not mean you get paid instantly....
    lets just be realistic. I wish I got paid instantly at the end of each and every day....
    however the employer should offer realistic pay goals such as net: paid on quality
    review (with a set timeline) so employees do not sit around waiting....

dscurlock, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  14. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My review above was a positive one, I was not complaining about the terms of the work!!! LOL

ndy, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  15. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    96.3% - 77
    I was not picking on you, others were complaining of the terms....
    If I was paying good money, then I too would expect quality content...
    and you can bet your A$$ if my payout was that good, then i sure
    would hell put your work through two micro-scopes to ensure quality.

Let me put it to you this way...
    If your content is not making (employer) money, its worthless....
    (and he can get fill content much cheaper, next to nothing...)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    dscurlock, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    iamalive likes this.
  16. ndy

ndy Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sadly... this job hasn't work out as well as I hoped.

I wrote 2 articles as was paid as promised - Great. I now have 2 articles which I wrote on the 6th February which are unpaid for. When I ask them what is happening with these I am told they are pending and I just have to wait. I was originally told I would need to wait a maximum of 30 days. As it has gone over that I have asked (assumed) that the articles are still mine and therefore I can do what I want with them - seeing as I have not been paid. I reallise that this was a payment on submission/acceptance job and I have no problem with that but there seems to be no guideline for what happens when the articles are left pending. Sadly my messages on Skype over the last few days have been unanswered except for a message that reads "." so I am no further forward. Just a heads up for anyone who is considering work for these guys. I was indeed paid for articles that went well, but nothing positive to say after that I am afraid!

ndy, Mar 11, 2014 IP
    alinasandor likes this.
  17. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    I did answer and you were replied.
    We followed our agreement to the letter. http://i.imgur.com/RSYG7hj.jpg ( Skype Screenshot )

iamalive, Mar 20, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.