1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Directories Is Dead- DP members what is our plan now?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by John Dave, Feb 2, 2014.

1. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was looking round the forums and some of the blogpost also .... you can say i have done quite and excessive research and found several webmaster are saying that matt cutt's doesn't mean don't do submissions in articles directories he means the article whose motto is just to gain back link must be discontinued!! So, here i say the problem is with the spammy links means some of the guys keep on submitting just for the sake of getting links that should be avoided !!

John Dave, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  2. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think 2 or 3 years down the line Guest posts would also be targeted like that. Google always tries to do this, first it was directories, then link exchange and now article directories, now it will be guest posts.

eric_wahlberg, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  3. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey folks,

Submitting to article directories isn't going to get you slapped or penalized. It's just simply not worth the time as it provides zero ranking benefit. The only possible thing you can gain out of article directory submission is the ability to diversify your anchor text profiles. Again, in my humble option, way too much work compared to the benefit. Use social bookmarks instead for anchor text diversification. Sooooo much quicker, especially if you're doing it manually.

So instead of submitting to article directories, if you're looking for link juice and ranking power, stick to high PR/PA/DA manual backlinks from relevant sources. I'm not talking about guest posts. I'm ranking sites in weeks and sometimes days. Click here to see what I'm doing instead. A lot of people saying that content is king. Content rules all, etc. I agree, somewhat. Content is important for conversion and engagement. But I could write the best article ever, and its not going to get seen unless I'm doing outside promotion or SEO ranking. I prefer the latter because its way faster, cheaper, and more powerful. Trust me, I've tried it all.

DiggitySEO, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Back in the day guest posts really added something to the web - they broadened the horizons of the readers at a site and introduced them to new ideas - and hopefully built the readership of the other site. They tended to be personality based. Those guest blog posts will always have value.

The guest blog posts that just regurgitate the same old info and don't enhance the host site are what Google et al will crack down on.

You guys fail to see this from Google's perspective. They want the search results to appear unmanipulated. If you want to succeed long term you need to fly under every radar Google puts out there so that even a manual audit by a human would make it look like your site was genuinely popular.

The role of most SEOs is to make a site that is nothing special appear to have value to Google. Most pick up on the latest thing and run with it, without thinking about how Google will respond and what will be involved in undoing anything that needs undoing.

sarahk, Feb 6, 2014 IP
    John Dave likes this.
  5. happykahlon

happykahlon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree to what you say, but I just want to ask you something. One of my friends has two websites and he keeps continuously submitting maximum number of article in a month, approximately 75. My Question is that both websites are getting Google 1st page ranking from last 3 month to till now but my own site is not yet listed in Google SERP. How is it possible if the article submissions are spamy? And my friend is still continuously posting content to generate a backlink.

happykahlon, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  6. happykahlon

Best Answers:
    Yes eric wahlberg Google has been totally disappointing webmasters for last 2, 3 years. Don’t know whether money is playing with Google or Google is playing with money. From my point of view, it is actually avoiding the free stuff to gain money with the PPC and ADD services. However, all we can say is dear Google……don’t play with us as freebies……..let us live and use this free stuff to generate something good to our profession.

happykahlon, Feb 6, 2014 IP
    eric_wahlberg likes this.
  7. hope2life

hope2life Active Member

Best Answers:
    All kinds of links still work and you can skip google's automated penalties if you are not manipulating the anchor text with keywords. But if some competitor complain your friend's site to google than google will certainly take manual action and will penalize your friend's site. Google has clearly said if a site is artificially creating links then file a complain against it and they will give a look to it. So you can still manipulate google algorithms and you can rank higher and enjoy the higher rankings as long as you don't get noticed.

hope2life, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  8. sayjohn

sayjohn Member

Best Answers:
    We all of us focus on the website and also the content of the website. The first thing is proper on page of the website. Then further move to the link building and off page activities.
    For my opinion article is source of the website traffic and not for building links on the article website.
    And do not ignore the all article websites, only ignore the spam article website.

sayjohn, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  9. happykahlon

Best Answers:
    Mr. Hope 2 Life, do you really think that Google is cracking fun out of its filters? As per my information, Google has active filter with automated programs which can successfully catch the spam content. And if you are saying for manual action by Google, I don’t think it’s required to let Google know about any spammy sites. Google is not a kindergarten; it’s the one that actually created everything on web.

happykahlon, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  10. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    i would rather say stop manipulating things and start to do the right things.... Look its like for manipulating Google you need to use black hat tricks and i will assure you once they find out what's going on there they will slap you down to the bottom (means you will get invisible) and yes if you get invisible than i don't think any one is going to found you except your friends and families. I would say we should concentrate more on the genuie work rather than using some tweaks. In the end this is going to help you and you only...

John Dave, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  11. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is not NEWS about those article directories... I am sure 80% of webmasters had used this ranking method because it was really working! Now, we should pay more attention to Social Bookmarking, Forum and Directory marketing, Social Media, etc. :)

patco, Feb 8, 2014 IP