1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point SUCKS Now!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by maddog1993, Jan 2, 2014.

1. maddog1993

maddog1993 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I received an infraction cause this was in the wrong category and they moved me to support and feedback.. lol like, wow.... I thought general discussion was for anything, including complaints.. wasn't specifically trying to give feedback or get any help support or w/e... meh.. w/e to all of it.... considering deleting my account now, been a member of 5 years almost but, this is BS. Only reason I still want to be a member is it is a good site, if I could use it!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    maddog1993, Jan 2, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One more like to go then you can use it. There, problem solved...you can award me *Best Answer* or deposit $10 into my Paypal account, whichever you prefer.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 2, 2014 IP
    Densely, FreeFun4Every1 and averyz like this.
  3. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You want likes for asking question? Answering will get you likes.
    This site accepts you to list your sites or domains for FREE, but with some rule & conditions.
    You have to follow it. Getting 3 likes isn't that hard. If you try to help some people you will get it.
    You have already got 2 likes. Getting one more like won't be that hard.
    After applying new rule, lots of crap and spammers are stopped. So it's good for DP and it's members too.
    Before applying the new rule, I faced many scammers.
    New itrader is better than the old one. There was no proof that a real transaction happened.
    But with new itrader, DP will automatically count the transaction, if deal is done from DP.
    So everyone started from scratch. You should too. Same rule for everyone.

pupul, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats generally the same reason I use the site, and I'll be honest the new rules p|ssed me off at first, so I went on my way and tried my hardest to get 3 likes.. and failed.

So i stopped trying and got 3 within 24 hours..

Guess my point is maybe dont try so hard to get a like on something you post. Just try to be decent and helpful and the rest will come.

dayvo, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    gkd_uk, averyz, pupul and 1 other person like this.
  5. Densely

Densely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    New Rule (not exactly!) in DP Either Pay in cash or by time, which helps both parties at long run. Making Shawn Cash-rich or his forum content rich (which generates money), it also helps the marketplace users by less spam/scam.
    But recent days I have also noticed that Scammer/illegitimate users in DP has increased (don't know how they have been able tricked this new system)

Densely, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  6. pia D'Alia

pia D'Alia Member

Best Answers:
    This forum is so helpful. how can you say that it sucks..

pia D'Alia, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  7. masterB

masterB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe, the new system should have combined likes and itraders to move away scammers.

masterB, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  8. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There has definitely been a reduction in spam since the new system was implemented. The members are still here and new ones are still joining so the new 'likes' system seems to be a success.

Post good content equates to likes which equates to better and useful content on the forum compared to before the like system was implemented. I am not saying it's removed spam totally but has definitely helped.

And I'm guessing it's made the job a little easier for the admin/moderators.

It's got to be a two way thing. The site owner also needs to make money to cover both business and personal costs.

Post a few good posts, I'm sure you will eventually get some likes. :)

gkd_uk, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  9. willwilly

willwilly Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are just trying to get personal as i don't see why you can't put a little effort into contributing something helpful to the others in the forum and acquire the 3 likes. I would say you are kind of being selfish.

willwilly, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    gkd_uk, ryan_uk and Spoiltdiva like this.
  10. Clicksor_CS

Clicksor_CS Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's ok guys, he received his 3 likes, you will never hear him complain again. Mission accomplished? XD

Clicksor_CS, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    gkd_uk, Zoti Media Group and malky66 like this.
  11. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Direct bribe :D Your name will be soon in Like trading thread...lolz:rolleyes:

You are really stupid person..first you didn't understand the rules of new forum properly because there is nothing to do with points so stop crying and read this thread first
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ers-answer-of-your-why-where-and-how.2637220/

Second you are claiming you had visited after so long time so who had opened these 2 thread after using your account?? they both are created after migration to Xenforo
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/google-is-becoming-too-powerful.2699795/
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/web-mart-co.2642544/
    both are not in BST section but after new update every one had visited support section and almost whole year we found bunch of thread (more than 100) crying about likes just because they wants to earn money without contributing via useful post or money & that thing sucks the most :mad:

you had more than enough advise from @Agent000 and @ryan_uk so stop crying and start contributing via post as you don't want to invest your precious $25 or the final option you should look for alternative where sites take more than $30/thread..they are really good for you because helping people and least spam system sucks for you!

FreeFun4Every1, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk, Densely and Spoiltdiva like this.
  12. joescent

joescent Active Member

Best Answers:
    @maddog1993 now as he got 3 likes, he is no more a maddog. ;)

joescent, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  13. pguy

pguy Member

Best Answers:
    I came back after years and it is a definite surprise to see the need for 3 likes. I get that spam has to be curtailed, but this seems like such a brute force way of getting spam to go low. Here are some alternative ways to get spam low

1) Put every new thread by a newbie into a moderating queue (if an admin or mod approves it, then notify the thread creator)
    2) Allow them to create a thread after a few posts. Say either 3 likes or 10 posts whichever is earlier.
    3) Possibly integrate FB login or any other login system that gives you more info and then decide those users have a lower chance of spamming and running away.
    4) Allow a new user to create a post, but once it gets reported then remove that ability and then make them jump through whatever hoops you want.

pguy, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  14. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wolaaa...after 6 and half year congratulations for your First post :)

FreeFun4Every1, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch, ryan_uk and kingofking like this.
  15. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MadDog lives up to his name, lol

Life is a give and take. You can't just have all take on a website or you just get a worthless spam filled trash heap.

averyz, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  16. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being a relatively new member I don't have an experience on how things worked "in the past". I will tell you a couple of things about the present however...

When I started scavanging for nice forums, connected to the webhosting industry, I shortlisted about 20. I gave all those forums a try and noticed that predominantly those forums are flooded with spam and advertizing offers...nothing else. And being a part of such a forum it turned me off both as a hosting member, and just as a normal user. The mindset of most people work that way and its good, because it is just like natural selection, only for discussion boards.

Moving to my initial experience. I have to admit that I saw the Like system for the first time in this forum. I didn't know if I liked it or not but decided to go with it, as the actual visual outlook and things like Best Answers and Achievements made it more intriguing. I started posting and for less than a couple of hours, I not only got my 3 likes, from about 12-14 posts, but also met a few forumers, built new relationships with them and one of them is even a happy client of our company now.

Another thing that built my good impressions were...comments from other forums. As I spend quite some time in them, the DigitalPoint name has come up sometimes. About 90% of the things I was hearing were all in the likes of "was famous as a spammy forum but has been rebuilding its good reputation recently". I think that speaks for itself about the spam reduction - getting the feedback from various places and people confirm the credibility of this statement.

At the end of the day, the forums that has kept the balance between quality content and useful ad space are the ones that has prevailed, prevail, and will prevail in the future ;)

Rado_ch, Jan 3, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and FreeFun4Every1 like this.
  17. Americanbang

Americanbang Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I find funny is that DP provides you with a place to do what your wanting to do on it for free, yet you complain about some minor adjustments.

Americanbang, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  18. SubediK

SubediK Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel like even though there are more restrictions, the amount of crap that used to be posted has gone down by a lot. I was a long time lurker and just used to browse and never post. But after all these restrictions there has been a lot less spam and a lot more quality content. Not all of us like changes, but i think they had to do what they did to make the forum clean again.

SubediK, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  19. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why threads like this one are not immediately locked and deleted... How many more unhappy users will it take to post essentially the same thing: "I hate this forum, the new rules suck!.... Wait I got my 3 likes... I LOVE this forum!" before somebody is going to say that this SO freaking retarded?

qwikad.com, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One of the reasons that I like DP is that there is freedom of speech here, I would hate to see that change.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 6, 2014 IP
    Densely likes this.