1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to like some one's post

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 11, 2013.

hi guys

I am a newbie here and banging my head into looking for how to like any post or user...while i can see user names with like counter. please help how to like?

Solved! View solution.
    Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  2. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to be an Established member to like one's posts.

Read this FAQ for new members and old members:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...ers-answer-of-your-why-where-and-how.2637220/

You can get likes by contributing useful stuff to the community ;)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Jesse27, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The day you become an established member a *Like* button will appear on all posts. It will be right next to where you see the *Reply* button.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 11, 2013 IP

I'm an oldie here and quite often feel like *banging my head* when i read another thread asking a question that's been answered a million times already.
    If you can't be bothered to spend some time reading the rules and help sections, or even read a few threads on the subject before you make your first post how are you going to know anything...?

malky66, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  5. Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar Member

Best Answers:
    Ya I just realized it and I am sorry for that especially malky....you are saying 100% right. May be this is a psychological taboo of IT geeks to not read rules and guide lines as they always try to land directly on market without knowing language... I apologize everyone.

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 12, 2013 IP
    Jesse27 and Spoiltdiva like this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your humility and I'd like to say "Welcome to DP".;)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  7. Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar Member

Best Answers:
    thanks to appreciate and also thanks to like:)...

Muhammad Nasir Iftekhar, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  8. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i always thought why this happens and today googled it out of curiosity and found the answer. there are few who have achieved level of EM.

rajin, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  9. shaid

shaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i was also curious about and searched later got it.
    Thanks

shaid, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  10. stan5050

stan5050 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok that's the same that happened to me,i have been looking where to like someone's post, am new also

stan5050, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  11. Slikk Cybernaut

Slikk Cybernaut Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was also curious about how to do this. I think it's wrong how Malky66 responded. Sometimes people don't always find answers as easy as others. I've been looking in the help section and the rules and couldn't see the answer. It was only when I actually googled the my query I found this post and got my answer. @malky66 we all have to start somewhere, and I think a bit of patients wouldn't go amiss.

Slikk Cybernaut, Nov 8, 2014 IP
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure how you missed it if you looked in the help section:
    "Patients" or should I say patience tends to get a bit strained when hundreds of people ask the same thing over and over again.

malky66, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see anything wrong with this. He simply stated that this basic question has been asked a million times before and it's covered in Help, which most people don't care to go through and keep creating threads for the same questions endlessly. @malky66 has been here for long and the botheration in his reaction or the way he said it is quite natural and genuine. It's really very irritating when new users just don't care to read the Help and keep asking the same questions again and again - answers to which are easily found in Help or through the Search function.
    Well, there are such instances but this happens very rarely. If you've read the Help thoroughly, have searched the Support&Feedback forum section and have used the Search intelligently, 90% of the times you will definitely find what you are looking for. Alternately, you can also contact a mod or someone from the staff/admin via a private message and get your queries resolved. Google should be your last resort. Even if after all this you still don't find an answer, creating a separate thread makes sense in my view.
    That's the thing. Sure, we all have to start somewhere, but most new users don't start properly or don't know how to start. Had these folks been a little patient, they would have saved everyone (including themselves) a lot of time and trouble!

Content Maestro, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  14. Slikk Cybernaut

Best Answers:
    Hmm what a lovely friendly forum to be involved in. Thank you for the kind welcome!!!

Slikk Cybernaut, Nov 9, 2014 IP
  15. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, the welcome always depends on the "kind" of users coming to this forum!!

16. Slikk Cybernaut

Best Answers:
    How do you know what "Kind" of user I am when I'm new. You seem to be judging new users very quickly, which could put people off. I'm sure you don't want new users coming away from the site not wanting to come back. I assure you I can add value to Digital Point, so please give me a chance to prove myself before assuming I'm some dumb new time waster.

17. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Let me make it perfectly clear that I am NOT AT ALL assuming you to be some particular “kind” of user. If you read my remark carefully, you can easily make out that it's not pointed to any specific person; it has a widely general meaning.
    Frankly, I don't know what makes you think I'm too quick at judging people or that I think of you as some 'dumb new time waster'!! Heck, I don't even know jack about you and most importantly I am no one to judge how you or anyone else coming to this forum is.

I just expressed my views on your comment about how @malky66 responded and I don't see anything wrong with it. Sorry if that sounded mean or rude but that's just how it came across. I've also tried to help you by providing some suggestions about searching answers to your queries (whatever they are) since you are very new here.
    Again, it seems that my words have not been understood properly or rather taken in the wrong context.

DP is full of helpful members and we always like to help people who are new - just that we naturally find it irritating when some folks ask the same questions over and over, the answers to which are easily found in Help or Support&Feedback. I NEVER intended to judge and criticize or pick on you. I expressively stated what I honestly felt about your post but didn't expect it to be taken this way.
    Anyway, what's happened has happened. I apologize again if I have been harsh.

You are most welcome on DP and I'm sure you have a great deal of value to add to this community and share. I would humbly but firmly request you to take a minute or two to reconsider what you want to say about the forum and its senior members before posting. Things are not always what they appear to be!

Cheers and Happy Posting! Have a great time ahead!
    Thanks and regards,
    CM.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  18. Slikk Cybernaut

Best Answers:
    This definitely felt like it was directed at me, if not I apologise! I didn't post something on here to purposely ruffle feathers, I just felt a little tactfulness would've been more appropriate. Anyway, I don't want to get your back up any more than I already have so I'll stop there. I'm sorry if anything I've said offended you! Take care!
    Kind Regards
    SC

19. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Hey, it's absolutely fine.:) No hard feelings and no offense.
    I think it was just a bit of misunderstanding which derailed things a little but I reckon that's all cleared up at this point.

If you ever need any help on the forum regarding something, let me know and I will try my best to fix it up for you.
    Cheers.

20. DeadlyTeaparty

DeadlyTeaparty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How long does it take to be established? 1 month +?

DeadlyTeaparty, Nov 16, 2014 IP