1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion The Underground section insignificant

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by BusinessMaker, Feb 25, 2013.

Hello to all. Given that this is suggestion section,I would like to express my opinion about Underground section. I sign up two days ago and I check all sections and all of them I found pretty useful and organize well. But when I came to the Underground section it seems that it is insignificant. When I look at threads I see that there are no difference between threads posted here and threads posted in the section named General chat. I see that the Underground section is only for registered users but it is also same as section named General chat. I also see that people post here rarely and it isn't so popular.
    In one of the threads that I comment,someone give the idea of starting ''Meetups'' section so I think that it will be better that we have ''Meetups'' section then Underground section. Meetups section would be section where people can make partnerships,concluded deals and stuffs like that. Of course that idea about Meetups section should be more elaborate. So this is only my opinion and only thing that I found on this forum that is useless. I would like to here your opinion about this my idea and observations. Maybe I'm wrong....

Solved! View solution.
    BusinessMaker, Feb 25, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think it has to do more with individual taste than anything else. Some members post quite a bit in Underground forum, while some don't care for it. I've been here close to 2 years and have only made 6 posts in this forum.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The underground adds a level of privacy that is not provided in the open forums.

Smyrl, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  4. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah,but if you put Meetups section instead of Underground section and also give option to see just those who are registered you will get the same level of privacy but just more quality section. And all threads that are posted in Underground section are the same as one who are posted in General chat,so there are no difference.

BusinessMaker, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Some of us have no interest in a meet up section. If I want to discuss anything with a chosen few, I use conversations to do so.

The idea of a membership roster to spam seems like very bad idea to me.

Smyrl, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The Underground section was never meant as a section where super great secret things are shared, rather it was an easy mechanism to allow users to post threads that wouldn't be spidered by Google if they didn't want them to be (for whatever reason).

digitalpoint, Feb 25, 2013 IP

I too agree with your point that there is not much of a difference between "general chat" and "underground" section. Even I was also curious as to why do we have this underground section and I had this thread - > https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/whats-the-use-of-this-underground-section.2635885/ But now, I think there can be some significance added to the underground section after seeing the replies there.

But, think on who needs to make a difference? Its We! if you feel (even I felt) underground is not so proactive or useful, create something useful (probably as you said a meetup kind of thread) and make is useful and create a difference :) No offence meant! Even I am thinking of posting good things in underground section! Lets make "Underground" a good privilege for all registered members. What say ;) ?

kingofking, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  8. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    You are probably more versed in the Underground section because you signed up few years ago. But I made this thread because of my first impressions about this section. For example I didn't know that this section can't be spidered by Google. Even if I think that there are no reasons for that.

Lets make "Underground" a good privilege for all registered members. What say ;) ?[/quote]
    I see that small number of users pay attention for that section,but it will be good to develop this section and post some interesting stuffs out there.

BusinessMaker, Feb 26, 2013 IP