1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This place now sucks

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by snous, Feb 20, 2013.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Quite frequent - and that's when we find that an account has, ahem, changed hands.

While accounts shouldn't be sold we're not so naive to think it doesn't happen. Old accounts have value and if a user hasn't used visited for a while but suddenly turns up, claims to be a "senior member" and starts ripping people off we know it's time to dig!

sarahk, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  2. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course accounts are sold, just google "selling digitalpoint account"
    I guess older users are selling their account because they are not getting attracted anymore by the forum.

dlatua, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  3. sarhad12

sarhad12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    digitalpoint is no more the talking point, i was on constantly and when i tried to post in market place it wouldnt allow me saying you havent made any contribution. thats when i decided to move on, I came today due to email saying dp is changed to hell with changes it sux the admins are usual big headed people.

sarhad12, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  4. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    makeit easy, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @sarhad12 @makeit easy
    It all depends on what you want or why you're here as to wether or not DP is better or worse than it was before.
    I am on here to make contacts, needed to find a couple of pinch hit writers, and the firm I work for needed an SEO. But now I stay for the membership, but if you two are here for trading you still can do that but the rules have changed. Just like with doing business, the world and market do change and to be successful sometimes you need to adapt and change with it.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  6. Barry67

Barry67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me DP is slowly getting worse. Especially the BST area, people expect you to work for pretty much nothing. I have little problem with the new rules but the sense of community here has disappeared completely. I do believe a couple of the new rules are stopping us from getting back that community.

Barry67, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  7. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You been a member for about 5 years now and don't have 1 like? Is this why you are upset because you don't have 3 likes to post in the BST section?

DP was a mess before moving to xenforo but now with the switch, new features and little change in some rules, it's getting a lot better.

It's ashame some people can't adapt to changes. Do you just want to come on a forum and do whatever you want and not follow any rules?

snakeair, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  8. Barry67

Barry67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who said I was upset? Before the like system it was going downhill, which is why I left for a long time, that was what I was trying to get at, it's hard to build a community with tight regulations. It's rudeness like that which makes people think it's going downhill.

Barry67, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  9. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are too many judging people here.
    Don't judge the people when they want to express how the things are going worse.

makeit easy, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  10. -0-

-0- Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being new to this forum and someone who makes no money in marketing I am as impartial as you are going to get on this forum and this subject...

There is two sides to a coin...from one side the yays and the other the nays...

It seems that the yays love the new system for the most part and value the changes made because of the long term prosperity they offer for a healthy and fair environment. Newbies like myself are subject to a process before getting into sections or getting certain privileges which is a good thing as it prevents a lot of un-needed extra work for the site on the staffs end.

The nays seem to be made up of people who don't speak up much and are opposed to the new rules because they fall into a group that has permissions or abilities changed for them. While unfortunate for some, many users (to effect a major change I would guess in the thousands) may have had accounts that were not productive to the environment in any way and maybe even counter productive. Most users who never visit are not really effected by changes I would guess, leaving a very small number of individual cases that have a legit problem with things.

In the end a forum is a business and to that the owner has to make decisions that can bring a forecast of good weather to come. You can bite punch and kick but in the end, policies set forth by administration should not be cursed since they act with knowledge of the entire site and in the best interests of it's membership as a whole. Think about it, they wouldn't go and do something that pisses people off...if it didn't stop a whole bunch more people from watering down a system which would be pissing a lot more people off. You also have to think that many people who have been active for a time probably plead their case over a period of time until the change eventually happened. How can people who have never been active expect that their side be heard when they showed up years after a debate has started and action already taken? To have a position in a debate...you must be present at the debate.

-0-, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    sarahk, malky66, snakeair and 2 others like this.
  11. flowersn

flowersn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1 post, 3 likes, welcome to Establishment, -0- !!!

flowersn, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah welcome -0-, he's contributed more to this forum in the short time he's been here than all the so called "old" members who just come to complain and whinge about the changes....

malky66, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and sarahk like this.
  13. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    I sign up yesterday and see many people saying that this forum sucks. When I came today,these people are still here. Weird,isn't it?

BusinessMaker, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. eddie43302

eddie43302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know Ive been busy for a while with websites.. I just came back today and boy have things changed.. I use to do a lot of business here for people and made a lot of people very happy.Guess ill go poke around and make some more happy people.

eddie43302, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  15. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very sad but this is true. If you don't like something, voice you opinion and leave if you can not adapt to change or see the vision of the website owner.

You missed a lot of changes but they good changes for sure. Have you went through all your profile settings and other goodies in there yet? Take a look at the new "help" section. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/

These the changes most members complain about, they can't adapt to new rules. I'm wondering if they work a 9 to 5 job and tell there boss that they don't like the new changes the boss made and want the old ways back. I'm sure the boss changed the rules around to adapt to current times and other changes in business. O well, time to fire up the old K cup machine for more coffee.

snakeair, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  16. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The point is they still believe, it will get better somehow, but if not they will leave.
    It will not happen instantly.

dlatua, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  17. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying,but none of them give some ideas,they are just complaining how system is bad. Many of them are horrified by the ''3 like'' rule like it is big deal. They just don't know to post quality stuffs here and help people.

BusinessMaker, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  18. -0-

-0- Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally don't see how it could be that big a deal...I signed up, I formulated an opinion after lurking for a while and posted my conclusion of a current situation and received a bunch of likes for what I assume was an accurate assessment. I also posted a simple html & css snippet for someone asking where to start learning from and got a like for that as well.

In total it took less than a day to get 3 likes (half a day actually and the snippet of code took like 5 minutes to write), and at the moment my life is in shambles so I am completely sidetracked , and in that light this still took a very minimal amount of effort. I had something genuine to say, and genuinely felt like saying it.

Surely it isn't that much effort to go to a section and offer some usable advice about a topic you know about...as I see it...there is a broad array of categories here...
    [​IMG]
    surely any person who has a long term interest in this site has something to offer in at least one of these...

-0-, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

For someone like yourself who obviously have some knowledge and something worthwhile to say, it is very easy, unfortunately the ones whinging and moaning about it don't have any knowledge about anything so all they can think to do is constantly moan about how hard it is..hopefully they'll eventually realise that this is the way it is and they will leave and no-one will give a toss...good riddance to them that's what i say:)

malky66, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  20. Reminder

Reminder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do understand how you feel, am here since 2008 and trade a lot. Now I have to create likes, good think I know a lot about SEO so I can comment and make some sense :D

Reminder, Feb 25, 2013 IP