1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unable To Post In Marketplace?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by stephen4800, Feb 13, 2013.

1. ourfella

ourfella Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is your retort?

Seriously?

The reason I am still here is to maybe.. somehow... try to get this money grubbing business changed. If I am not mistaken.. This is the suggestion and feedback part of the forum were we give feedback to how the forum is operated. This is bad for the forum in general and screams of greed.

The site has been around for years and never needed this facebook esque shit to stay afloat

ourfella, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The reason for the change was twofold... The main reason I won't bother covering again because it's already been covered about 5,000 times. The other reason is because we needed a way to drive more ad revenue because we knew all these repetitive threads asking the same question would be asked over and over and therefore read over and over. I'll be writing an eBook about this insane money making method once I compile some proof to put inside.

digitalpoint, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. eldiablo

eldiablo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't visited DP for a while and was quite surprised with new rule, but then again when you think at least a bit of it, it's quite fair.

People don't complain if they are taken a fee for hiring a worker on ANY freelance website, if they are charged ENORMOUS a fee on some website for buying/selling websites but everyone keeps complaining for being required to post couple of useful posts.

I'm first who does not meet 3 likes rule yet, but I will stick around to earn it.

Again, who does not like that rule, there is other fair option as well, pay for premium membership and enjoy all features. Simple as that.

eldiablo, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  4. kopek

kopek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i register in this forum since 2010.... 2010 .......

why i cannot open thread in marketplace ?

i should get ONE LIKE FIrst ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

kopek, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I suspect it's connected to your inability to read.

digitalpoint, Feb 15, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1, ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you now understand why i get frustrated and angry with people that keep posting this nonsense?..honestly you must have the patience of a saint

malky66, Feb 16, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  8. oneclickfixed

oneclickfixed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'r telling me. I have been using this site since 2007, thats a long time! And I can post a thread because of my likes. It just doesn't make any sense. Thats 6 years.

oneclickfixed, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

Read this, this and this. That should clear up the matter for you.

To put it in context: you have been here for about 5 years, 11 months and 20 days and made 0.077 posts per day (mostly in BST?). During this long time you've been a member, you could have participated in other parts of the forum and gained the required rep. But you chose not to.

Well, now you can try and it's not difficult to help people. You only need one more like.

ryan_uk, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And the next day you try to set up a "Digitalpoint 'likes' exchange" on Freelancer? Smooth.
    http://www.freelancer.com/projects/...HELP-get-Established-member-DigitalPoint.html
    ----------------------------------screenshot--------------------------------

[​IMG]

robjones, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This is seriously rediculous.

I don't need any more likes. But I get them. And I give them.

Not to help people, but by instinct (thanks to Facebook).

Just gave two people likes in a thread I have started and didn't even realize it until I gave them.
    If you post something funny, something that I didn't know yet or I see some sort of effort in sharing something you yourself have experienced that enlightens me a bit, I always give a like right away..

If you cannot get 4 likes, that means you are only self serving. If I ran this forum, the marketplace would be paid only.

So appreciate the freebee and make some effort to help others in exchange to being able to do business here. (geesh)

Blogmaster, Mar 15, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think it's extremely refreshing to come on here now and realize that all of that BS has stopped. Eventually they will stop trying. Well, most of them.

Blogmaster, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  14. fishook

fishook Member

Best Answers:
    My 2 cents.....I've been here almost 4 years...(no likes-17 posts) I'm not complaining about the new rule. In fact it sounds like a unique way for DP to maintain a forum free of garbage. I have no likes, but from my observations here on DP is most the people here are reasonable, and if you are "worthy" of a like you will eventually get one. The funny thing about the like thing is that Dp is a forum for web savy people, yet there are many people wondering how to get a like. Come on....if you are here you should know, you do it on Facebook, Twitter, Blogs...Except here you can't buy it or get a bot to do it. Consider it like SEO you just have to use it on yourself, (kind of).
    Giving members authority to rank a new member based on good contributions and participation will also encourage others to post quality content.
    As far as me, I have reaped alot of real (free) usefull information here. Recently, I've considered posting in the marketplace, considering I don't have the likes has actually motovated me to participate more. I'm even considering posting some of my "Classified Secret" Seo Tricks here, (if I can think of any). "Patience is a virtue"

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    fishook, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  15. RaidLogic.NET

RaidLogic.NET Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like this new rule you have to earn respect.

RaidLogic.NET, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  16. Twelve

Twelve Member

Best Answers:
    I was out of IM for a long time and yes when I first came in again, i was shocked.
    Then i read this and thought about it then i realised it's all fair.
    And I think there was a lot of consideration done implementing this new rule.

For one, this new rule will keep those scammers who want to make a quick buck out of sight.

Imagine, there might be some people might just set up 5 to 10 accounts 5 years ago.
    And because of the age of the account, we might believe them and bought something from them but then needing at least 3 likes will serve as a good deterrent.

It's not easy getting 3 likes, but if you do then the more you're gonna value the account and keep it in good standing and make the overall forum a better place to be in.

Twelve, May 10, 2013 IP
  17. blackparl

blackparl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am a member of this forum since 2009. Also got 53 iTraders but I could not able to create thread in Service section of Buy,sell or trade section.

Please help me why I cant?

blackparl, May 13, 2013 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In order to do that you need to be *established*. You will be established once you've received the minimum 3 likes.

Spoiltdiva, May 13, 2013 IP
  19. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, May 13, 2013 IP
  20. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    New rules, probably you skipped those changes.. Now you need three likes from three different established users. Check link to rules (above post)

VukasinI, May 13, 2013 IP