1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Need a post, well posts removed rather quick

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Laceygirl, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why not offer money to moderators to comply with your request? Money talks.
    Sometimes lawyers threats work too, but in this case I don't think so, some money in the right hands would be easier.

JamesColin, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The owner here is a freakin millionaire. I don't think I could offer a value that interests him.

Laceygirl, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  3. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The millionaires always welcome money, that's why they are millionaires :)
    Come on, make an offer, maybe a not-yet-millionaire moderator will take you on your offer :)

4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I personally would be extremely disappointed to think one of our moderators could be bought. To me they seem like fine upstanding people.

Smyrl, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  5. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Everyone has a price! Could be a non-monetary price also :)

6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    To JamesColin, Hitler was a fine upstanding person so I don't think he is astute at discerning someone's character.

browntwn, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  7. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh my god, did I just wrote that? What a mistake! I meant an unfine downstanding person! Thanksfully browntwn is keeping an eye on things and keeping it real, where would we be without him?

8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess this post will find out. I'm begging that names and contact information is deleted of individuals who are not members of the forum. I'm optimistic about the decision though.

9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had asked that two posts be removed that the member is mentioning several names of people are not members here with the purpose to imply that people from this forum harass them.
    Instead some coward moderator merged this request in the topic, infracted, then locked the topic.

I think that's pretty corrupt. A real low blow.

Now I ask again please remove the posts or at least don't be a coward.

10. Black Fire

Black Fire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is actually hilarious.

Black Fire, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What the hell.
    This topic was locked before and now its open.
    There's a surprise!!! DP moderators abusing their power for the 100th time because the internet prevents them from being killed on the streets.

So anyway, here's an update that most of you moron members won't care about until it happens to you.
    The policy of digitalpoint is that staff do not enroll with member disputes and along with the rules of requesting another members post removed makes it practically impossible to get a post removed until you are in the close circle of friends with the mutants who operate this place.

So technically speaking if I say, release a bunch personal of information about people you know and advertise that everyone should go and stalk her on facebook and make phone calls then you can't do jack. This is exactly what happened to me.
    Maybe I should test this theory myself.

Who wants to be the first person who's personal information about their mother is released live?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    Laceygirl, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I feel like you are going to gripe no matter what. The thread was closed a LONG time ago... then you wanted to talk about it again, so your new thread was merged into it. No one noticed that it was merged into a closed thread until after you complained about it being locked...
    So it's unlocked and you want to complain that it's unlocked. lol

Or, in *actual* terms... You can't edit other people's posts (just like someone can't come along and edit your posts). And you could be my best friend in real life, and the same rules will apply to you. In fact moderators have been removed from being moderators because they deleted something that should not have been deleted at the request of a company... and the threads were undeleted. Either way, exact same rules apply to you as everyone else (including myself). Which is why you don't see threads/posts removed where people are talking shit about me or spreading false rumors (they are going to do it somewhere regardless if it's on this site or not, so... {shrug}). Welcome to The Internetz. :)

digitalpoint, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  13. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was not really the locked part that was the problem. It's just I waited to see what a mod or you would say then instead it gets merged bumping that old topic and locked with no answer by a mod or you. What you are saying is just grade 1 manipulation. While I was looking for a breath of reply by a moderator or you I obviously would not be too excited to have this conversation right in the topic that I want gone. OBVIOUSLY.
    See, you knew that, and since you know that you did what your heart desires. To make my life more difficult and screw with me.
    And let's find out if I will gripe. Do a soft delete on this whole topic and if you see that I come after you about this situation then you can bring the topic right back up. Other than the existence of this forum any involvement with you has been a negative. Try doing one positive.

I'm sorry. That policy is total crap. Posting personal information of other people whom are not part of this forum and implying for others of this forum to stalk them. "Ask the original poster".....ya right. Like a person who posted something to screw with someone will be more than happy to hook the person up.
    How on earth am I the only one who thinks this is unacceptable around here?

It's totally ridiculous. You are ridiculous. And I'm sure you would disagree with this rule if it happened to you. I'm sure if I plainly throw out personal info about a bunch of people you will find a way to delete my post(because this is what you do).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    has nothing to do with you. You started a new thread to talk about something that was already discussed. You got no response because it doesn't matter how many times you ask the same question, you will get the same answer... No point in giving you the same answer you already got previously

If you go through every single one of our rules, I'm sure you will find multiple people who find every rule we have unacceptable to them for some reason.

Fair enough... {shrug}

15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Or I actually just don't care either way.

Shawn Hogan
    8465 Regents Road, #448
    San Diego, CA 92122
    USA
    858-779-4130

16. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of people do though. They don't have security and what not. Also the part I want removed is for other people. Surely you don't want the whole world to freely be able to contact your parents, friends, and people you know.

17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If someone wants to put that much effort into contacting random people I know, well... pretty sure anyone they could contact would think it's pretty funny that they would even *want* to.

Ultimately if you don't want people to know anything about you, just make sure you don't post it on the Internet. I've always just assumed that anything I post on the Internet is freely available to everyone (and it usually is).

18. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:

He doesn't have to worry about such things because he doesn't run around the internet acting like a 6 year old.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 3, 2012 IP
    tattoos likes this.
  19. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, when I first came online in the early 90's I was not prepared for predators, stalkers, and forums that allow distribution of personal information. This advice can't help now.
    Nigel, Hogan doesn't need your butt kissing comments. He's fully capable of destroying hundreds of peoples' lives by himself indirectly.

20. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is a non sequitar. I have never spoken one sentence to the guy. I would kiss his ass why exactly?

My point here, that you fail to realize(years later still) is that you need no assistance what so ever ruining your life.

When you constantly run around wearing an ass for a hat, its going to cause you problems. If your friends are so bothered by the outcome of your adolescence they should start by taking it up with you.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 3, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.