1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Seriously...an infraction???

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by John D, Aug 17, 2012.

Hey,

Just got an email that I got an infraction for posting in a wrong category, as the first part of my post:

Come on....what is the point in giving me an infraction when I obviously didn't know where to post and even explained it in my post..

The post was moved to the general marketing forum, which I still don't think it should be in, I am not marketing, I am wondering what type of advertising company to use for displaying ads on my own site rather than adsense..

John D, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  2. White Pearl

White Pearl Peon

Best Answers:
    I have same quires here as i got point for infraction...!!!!

White Pearl, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  3. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to bind by rules of this forum, mods actually are very strict about it..Not knowing something cannot be excused here.
    so move ahead also I will suggest you to talk to mod first before posting any query in this category.
    hope that help.

see a similar post here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2517817

bluebelt91, Aug 18, 2012 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. John D

John D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies :)

I didn't know I was breaking a rule and I also apologised at the start of my post as I didn't know what forum to post in, a bit of help instead of an infraction would have been a lot better..why the need for an infraction?

I know a simple infraction on a forum means nothing in life, but I just think the moderator should just use a bit of common sense rather than giving me a negative point for a mistake.

I don't know who gave it to me...

John D, Aug 18, 2012 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have to get 10 infraction points before they have any affect. You colored outside the lines, got an infraction, it isn't hurting you. Nobody but you and the mods know it is there. Don't worry about who gave it to you... just learn the lesson and move forward. Much easier on the blood pressure to not worry about the small stuff.

robjones, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ultimately, that's the *exact* thing they are for... a way to let users know they broke a rule or made a mistake, but at the same time it doesn't punish the user unless they keep doing whatever it is.

Do I think you are going to make 10 "mistakes" in such a short period of time that it would actually affect your account at all? No, I don't.

But at the same time, if we didn't use the infraction system for "small" things, we would end up with users who never learn from their mistakes because they never knew. It's really more of a system to help the user learn our rules/how we do things than it is a punishment system. A user is only suspended (temporarily) if they are unable (or unwilling) to learn our rules.

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  7. John D

John D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhhh again...

I posted on the google forum about my tags not being changed by google after updates on all my other pages quite a while ago, I wasn't looking for an SEO review, just information on how google itself works, not my SEO / site as that is fine - Moved from the google forum to SEO reviews with another infraction.

I think a lot of forums overlap and it is very easy to get confused on where to post a topic, plus get another infraction if it would be posted in 2 forums for an overlapping topic, so I am trying to pick which is best.

This was related to google only and asking why google isn't changing the title when the source and page itself is showing fine.

I don't know...

John D, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    John, one of the best things a member can use to determine where a thread best fits is the description of the forum.

Description of the Google Forum:

THE search engine. This is for discussion about Google as a company, not for discussion of individual sites (SEO, PageRank for a site or "why a site ranks where it does" questions) or Google search results.

Smyrl, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Basically if it's about Google search results, search engine optimization (even if it's SEO that is specific to Google) or anything related to a specific site, it should not go in the Google forum.

Have been trying to be better about cleaning up misplaced stuff lately... because it's become a giant sh*tshow of, "Let's just pick a random area and post it."

This is what the Google forum looks like to mods/admins (and this obviously doesn't even include things like your thread that were worth the effort to move).

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn have you ever considered creating a neural network for basic moderating task ? It's looks like spam is way over 50% in some areas .

ApocalypseXL, Aug 26, 2012 IP
    robjones likes this.