1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need an unfair infraction removed

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by lassie911, Jul 12, 2012.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2516294
    The infractions says the thread was started in the wrong section, I need this removed it's false.

lassie911, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why do you feel it's false? Your thread is in the appropriate place now (but it was moved there by a moderator).

digitalpoint, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  3. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because it was started in the e-book section then moved to the "cheap stuff" section. The cheap stuff is for five dollars or less but when I started to sell the e-book it was for ten dollars. You can see that from my first post. I then lowered it to 5 dollars later but the thread was still started in the correct section since the initial price was ten dollars. So even though it is in the appropriate place now the infraction is still wrong.

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually it become the wrong category when you lowered the price, so it's correct.

5. lassie911

Best Answers:
    It still wasn't started in the wrong category as the infraction says and members shouldn't be penalized for lowering the price of an item when there is no policy against it.

^Best Answer from Lassie911!

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You aren't penalized for lowering a price. Just plan ahead and start it in the right category if you are going to lower whatever it is so low that it belongs in another category.

The problem with what you are suggesting (allowing people to lower prices without penalty if the lower price makes it belong in Cheap Stuff) is that then people can just start threads selling something for $1000 and then immediately afterwards lower it to $1. That way they can ultimately sell something for $1 outside of Cheap Stuff. It would simply become a loophole.

7. lassie911

Best Answers:
    You're not going to do anything about this and you're always right, ok I get it. But how can your suggestion be to think ahead about doing something that was done as a reaction to no sales? If I started the thread in the cheap stuff area and offered it for $10 (because I would want to lower it later to $5) it would be in the wrong section because the cheap stuff isn't for $10 items! lol There is a "loophole" in your forums system but why am I being penalized for it? Why not change the board function so you can't lower the price of items and pin the topic saying you can't lower it? I still don't see what forum rule says you can't lower rates. I only see the forum function that allows for it. You act like I planned it this way just so I could have a ebook in the wrong section even though that wouldn't be a benefit for me. The ebook was ten, after two reviews no one bought it so I figured I was asking too much for it and I lowered the price. The thread wasn't started in the wrong section and anything suggesting that it was simply isn't true. But since that's what you are going to stick to then I still shouldn't have received a infraction according to the following;

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=216611 :cool:

lassie911, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Before you lowered the price you should have used the bad post report and asked to have thread moved to cheap stuff.

Smyrl, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  9. lassie911

Best Answers:
    Please link me to the thread(s) that shows what you suggested in regards to lowering rates so I can read it. I have never heard of a bad post report.

10. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    At the bottom left of each post you will see a little triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. That is the bad post report button. In situations such as yours you should have used it, request thread be moved due to fact you want to use bump/edit option to lower the price.

Smyrl, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  11. lassie911

Best Answers:
    So there was no thread or policy concerning this issue prior to your post? Will you create one to fix the loophole now or just continue to penalize members for what they should have done? I'll ask again, will you all remove the infraction since; my thread wasn't started in the wrong section, I "at least attempted to put it in the right forum" and because you can't show me a policy that I violated? What's so unreasonable about that?

12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Infraction is not going to be removed. As far as "closing the loophole", I'd like to just take away people's ability to edit their posts, but that would probably cause more problems than it would solve.

digitalpoint, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  13. BSMedia

BSMedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why even worry about it? Infractions expire, and unless you're close to getting banned it really doesn't have any effect on things in the long run. Only staff can see them anyway.

BSMedia, Jul 16, 2012 IP